• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Accepted today
VO8QY3.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The question is, is the date already starting to change at 9:34, or is the DW misaligned?

This is a rep and misalignments are present even in some gens. I think that the date looks ok and the watch looks good. Scottymagic has the correct attitude when it comes to QC and I think he gets what can be fixed and what couldnt. Of course if the flaw is to be egregious like a cracked crystal or a dislodged marker, it is completely different.

The zf15500 looks fantastic as a rep to be honest. Are you still happy with yours till today? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK
This is a rep and misalignments are present even in some gens. I think that the date looks ok and the watch looks good. Scottymagic has the correct attitude when it comes to QC and I think he gets what can be fixed and what couldnt. Of course if the flaw is to be egregious like a cracked crystal or a dislodged marker, it is completely different.

The zf15500 looks fantastic as a rep to be honest. Are you still happy with yours till today? ;)

Yes I still love mine, just the square logo bit on the bracelet needed slight modification to make it sit flat.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes I still love mine, just the square logo bit on the bracelet needed slight modification to make it sit flat.

The gen clasp plate is slightly movable too and over time it’ll slightly loosen just like any other metal construction. :)

Reactions: Allure

teaston

20/3/16
UK
The gen clasp plate is slightly movable too and over time it’ll slightly loosen just like any other metal construction. :)

I did wonder whether the gen bracelet is like it too. 3 small slivers of 3M VHB stacked on top of each other in the gap behind the bottom of the plate has made it sit totally flat.

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19

Very good point Legend.... Sometimes the expectation for the reps, is higher than for the gens lol. All metal constructions loosen, its irrelevant if they are gen or reps....

People, which ZF approximation do you consider closer to gen? The 15400 or the 15500? I am very interested in what the "consensus" is (or if there is even a consensus).

I personally think the 15500 is a little closer to Gen than the 15400.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Very good point Legend.... Sometimes the expectation for the reps, is higher than for the gens lol. All metal constructions loosen, its irrelevant if they are gen or reps....

People, which ZF approximation do you consider closer to gen? The 15400 or the 15500? I am very interested in what the "consensus" is (or if there is even a consensus).

I personally think the 15500 is a little closer to Gen than the 15400.

Swiss Maiden I have seen misaligned dates, stretched bracelets, dislodged crowns/stems, crystal smudges on the underside, and a host of different issues on gen APs, and that tells me that there is nothing mystical about the gen constructions. Like you mentioned, the same metal has the same characteristics whether they are used in the gens or reps. Well said.

I will consider personally the ZF15500 to be a better rep than the 15400.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
i'm struggle ... i will grab one for sure but .. black or blue dial ? :D

(not grey, i already have some dress watch with grey dial)

ScuderiaPT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/17
Europe
I have since Monday the ZF15500 long jorney since 14Jan when i ordered, the watch is very nice for the price, far better than my Rose gold 15400 blue dial.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
i'm struggle ... i will grab one for sure but .. black or blue dial ? :D

(not grey, i already have some dress watch with grey dial)

Grey or black! Much closer to gen, blue looks an entirely different shade from gen (from YouTube and google images)

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Blue is very differenr from gen so ?
because seems on the ZF 15400 is pretty accurate , on 15500 is a miss so ?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Grey or black! Much closer to gen, blue looks an entirely different shade from gen (from YouTube and google images)

Most members don’t point this out but the black color differs from gen as well, and likewise for the grey, it isn’t 100%.
This is a rep, so getting a color “close to gen” won’t turn it gen magically. I think it’s more important to choose a color personally preferred by the wearer, unless there are other agendas of wearing the watch.
I will tell the owner that if he likes blue, go for blue. It still looks as believable on the wrist as the other two colors. ;)