• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

fuzzmex

2/9/17
20200310_145649_HDR
20200310_145633_HDR

Can anyone help out on this one? I picked this up from a TD, but there definitely seems off. The bezel is just completely matte, and the color of the hour markers and hands seems a little too peach colored. It runs great, no stuttering or loud winding.

Has anyone franken'd one of these yet? really thinking about a gen bezel, face, and hands, but not sure if they would even fit.

It's always hard to tell from pics (too many variables: cam quality, lighting, filters etc.)
But assuming these are natural, I have never seen the lume this colour, except on really cheap knock offs with non recessed markers.
The bezel should not be matte.
The obvious question is: is this the same watch as the one your TD showed you on the QC pics you were sent?

quiksilver6184

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/10
I will post the QC pics when I get home. I am pretty new at this, and in the QC pics, some of the pictures look correct, and some do not. I thought it was just the lighting. The TD was WBM, and I had read that most of his replicas were around $100, but when he told me this one was $225, I thought it would be a little higher quality than what I received.

It does seem well made though, and the hour marker are recessed, just painted this horrible peach/tan color that doesn't look quire right. You live and you learn though. Maybe someone can refer me to a builder on this page who could repaint the hour markers for me with the correct color lume as well.

Last edited:

fuzzmex

2/9/17
... The TD was WBM, and I had read that most of his replicas were around $100, but when he told me this one was $225, I thought it would be a little higher quality than what I received....
Ah, it's becoming clear now.
I have never heard of a Trusted Dealer with that name.
Stick to the TD list here on RWI, they earned that 'trusted' label for a reason.
I wouldn't bother trying to correct the mistakes on this watch, it would be as futile as it would be costly.
Take your loss and start over.

​​

Reactions: lumentin and Updog

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
Sorry, I mean WBK, who is a TD on here. Does anyone know if I can order the MKS bezel and dial, or should I really just start over?

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Sorry, I mean WBK, who is a TD on here. Does anyone know if I can order the MKS bezel and dial, or should I really just start over?

Not sure if you can, but even if you could you would have to be sure they would fit (check both with WBK).
Then you would have to fit them in, or have them fit in by someone who can.
I assume this watch does not have the superclone movement (?), in case it would be easier.
Still, it's going to be a lot of hassle with no guarantees and it would set you back a few bucks too.
I would either try to sell this, take your loss and order the MKS or VSF model, or just enjoy the watch for what it is; I mean, it's not a monstrosity and it runs fine.
I haven't seen any frankened Spectres on this forum, but I may have missed that.
Sorry to be of little help here, good luck.

Reactions: leo6929

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
Not sure if you can, but even if you could you would have to be sure they would fit (check both with WBK).
Then you would have to fit them in, or have them fit in by someone who can.
I assume this watch does not have the superclone movement (?), in case it would be easier.
Still, it's going to be a lot of hassle with no guarantees and it would set you back a few bucks too.
I would either try to sell this, take your loss and order the MKS or VSF model, or just enjoy the watch for what it is; I mean, it's not a monstrosity and it runs fine.
I haven't seen any frankened Spectres on this forum, but I may have missed that.
Sorry to be of little help here, good luck.

Thank you, and you have actually been a big help. I think I will just move on. Maybe I, as you said, sell this and get a better copy.

Reactions: fuzzmex

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Did you even read this thread? It is full of information on what is the best Spectre!

D&R&E

8/10/11
I got this one via m2m last April and it doesn't have any of those flaws and has a grainy dial, though not quite as grainy as gen.

Amazing detail on this pic. Thank you for sharing.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I have been waiting forever for a matte dial and I think this one looks good enough pull the trigger on.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Now if only the factory can replicate the liquidmetal numerals on the bezel... Not likely of course since that technology is proprietary. The silver numerals on the ceramic bezel disappearing under reflection is by far the biggest tell on an otherwise impressive rep. Nonetheless, I have the gen of the SM300 and I'm impressed by the way the new reps look with the grainy matte dial.

Last edited:

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Anyone know if the TD's can sell the dials for modding a VSF v1 into a v2?