• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What languages do you speak?

Positive

Known Member
3/3/09
Yeah there is quite a large Polish community in Ireland. We have Polish shops, churches, schools and Polish singers and comedians come over every week to huge crowds so it's handy to know a bit of Polish. I can speak it but would misspell it completely as I write it phonetically.

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
Spanish is my second language. My brother is fluent in both spanish and french and I have a sister that is fluent in italian.

D

d4m.test

I speak English, Spanish (5 dialects), German (2 dialects) and Redneck fluently.

I also speak enough Japanese, Italian, Russian, French, Arabic and Pashtun to get myself into trouble that I can't get out of it. :wink:

It has also been rumored that I was raised in a House of Ill Repute due to my abilities to pick up languages and dialects. :D

Oh, and AWH, I speak the language of love very well! :mrgreen:

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
BigOffshoreDaddy said:
Oh, and AHW, I speak the language of love very well! :mrgreen:

Well, I was thinking to leave the thread for "Who speaks the language of love?" until later. Maybe we can wait until the SoCal boys are good and inebriated. :)

D

d4m.test

So what did I miss here? AHW speeks Greek?
Well, DUH!

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
CBR said:
So what did I miss here? AHW speaks Greek?
Well, DUH!

Okay, I know I am SO going to regret asking this, but this is the second reference I've heard to my needing to speak Greek. What gives?

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
No, you don't need to speak Greek.

You do need to know some medical Latin, of course. And accurately communicate it
to others in the pharmacy. Ahem.

Me, American English and poor Spanish.

Anyone here read and write Cyrillic?

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Spiccato said:
No, you don't need to speak Greek.

You do need to know some medical Latin, of course. And accurately communicate it
to others in the pharmacy. Ahem.

I write exceedingly clear prescriptions. :)

No, there's some disgusting and gross reason why I'm supposed to need to speak Greek. It has to do with prostitution. I'm sure that LoS will clue me in (*after rewriting the original phrase "fill me in") when he shows up.

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Ahhhh....I'm guessing something scatological? Rectal?

Let's start a new thread....what's the weirdest object you've ever seen on xray, and then had to go retrieve yourself?

OK....Go!

D

d4m.test

Ok, think back to the days of the Greek empire, maybe even SPARTA... Think men, think little boys, think um.... Nevermind.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Spiccato said:
Let's start a new thread....what's the weirdest object you've ever seen on xray, and then had to go retrieve yourself?
OK....Go!

Um, how many people are you thinking are going to participate in such a thread? Because if it's from someone who is not a doctor, I really don't need to know this. :)

Actually, people who come in with foreign objects that they "accidentally sat on" don't typically need me to find them on xray. They already know what it is. :D

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
ahw676 said:
Actually, people who come in with foreign objects that they "accidentally sat on" don't typically need me to find them on xray. They already know what it is. :D

....like Fusilli Jerry?

nevikwen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/09
I am an Australian borned taiwanese. pretty much like yourself.
However I am quite fluent with my mandarin, and I can also speak a little Taiwanese. Since my parents can't speak english.
I did alittle Japanese back in high school and had a Japanese girlfriend, but that failed miserably.
So yea pretty much I speak only English and Chinese.

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Rhetorical question, much in the "Greek" vein.

Please....I left my "serious" outside the door in the bushes. :mrgreen:

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Fiddo said:
ahw676 said:

....like Fusilli Jerry?

It has, admittedly, been a few years since I watched Seinfeld, but to my recollection:
(a) Fusilli Jerry was not intended to be a dildo
(b) even if someone were of a mind to use him that way, I think he would have been a tad scratchy on insertion.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
ahw676 said:
Fiddo said:
ahw676 said:

....like Fusilli Jerry?

It has, admittedly, been a few years since I watched Seinfeld, but to my recollection:
(a) Fusilli Jerry was not intended to be a dildo
(b) even if someone were of a mind to use him that way, I think he would have been a tad scratchy on insertion.
.....correct. but, at the end of the episode. George's father falls down and lands rear-end on top of Fusilli Jerry. They take him to the Proctologist to have it removed. In the background you hear him say...."it was a One in a million shot, doc". Thus my reference.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

...Portuguese as native language, and somehow my English isn´t that bad too.
I did 1 and a half year of Japanese, but I need to restart ´cause I´ve lost it almost at all already. and I learn one word or another wit some friends...So it gets like a couple of words in Farsi (Persian), Pakistani, and Chinese...

I want to learn as much languages as I can, and I´m aiming at be fluent and at least 5+ foreign languages.
I love learning foreign languages!

:D

Cheers,
Spirit.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
nevikwen said:
I did a little Japanese back in high school and had a Japanese girlfriend, but that failed miserably.

Since you're new here, I really shouldn't do this to you, but if you were a long time member, I would not have any compunction whatsoever of asking how how little was the Japanese you did in high school. :D

BTW, I know of one member here who is fond of Japanese girls but I also know of two men who have had Japanese wives and neither has found it to be a rewarding experience. So you probably made a good decision. :)