• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Arkan

Looking Around
21/2/20
Beside the swapping question which got answered a lot (indeed very expensive and unrealistic unless you got lucky stumbling on a cheap one someone is trying to get rid), I will comment on the movement...

I have the Grey 15500 since one month and upon receiving, it's 5 mins too fast and something is wrong with it so I sent to oascom to service it. He said it's overoiled with cheap oil and dirty, hence why it's not running right but after servicing, it's running +1.4s/d now. The decoration is put with double-side tape on the movement and the rotor wasn't installed properly so it's rubbing.

Miyota 9015 is a nice reliable movement but please service it when you receive the 15500 so it will be working reliably.

If the 9015 is broken, I think a new 9015 can be put without modifications since what you see in the caseback is decorations hiding the true movement.

Hi, is the rotor of the 15500 loud or it is a quiter one?

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Beside the swapping question which got answered a lot (indeed very expensive and unrealistic unless you got lucky stumbling on a cheap one someone is trying to get rid), I will comment on the movement...

I have the Grey 15500 since one month and upon receiving, it's 5 mins too fast and something is wrong with it so I sent to oascom to service it. He said it's overoiled with cheap oil and dirty, hence why it's not running right but after servicing, it's running +1.4s/d now. The decoration is put with double-side tape on the movement and the rotor wasn't installed properly so it's rubbing.

Miyota 9015 is a nice reliable movement but please service it when you receive the 15500 so it will be working reliably.

If the 9015 is broken, I think a new 9015 can be put without modifications since what you see in the caseback is decorations hiding the true movement.

I really hope I don’t get the same problem with mine, I don’t know of any trusted rep friendly watchmakers in the UK!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I really hope I don’t get the same problem with mine, I don’t know of any trusted rep friendly watchmakers in the UK!

If you need anything sorted on an ap or rolex let me know mate. If i cant help, i can probably point you in the direction of someone who can.

Reactions: teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Yeah im just outside london.

Cool, hopefully my AP will be ok. Also I’ve been reading about watch magnetism, and have tested my rep Rolex’s which appear to be slightly magnetised, so I’ve ordered a watch demagnetiser in case that is all that’s needed to improve accuracy.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Cool, hopefully my AP will be ok. Also I’ve been reading about watch magnetism, and have tested my rep Rolex’s which appear to be slightly magnetised, so I’ve ordered a watch demagnetiser in case that is all that’s needed to improve accuracy.

Its worth a go for sure. Demagnetisers can be had cheap anyway.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Its worth a go for sure. Demagnetisers can be had cheap anyway.

Wish I’d known about it a couple of years ago when I got my gen Tag serviced for around £300 because the power reserve had become poor, maybe it was just magnetised! :(

Xilikon

20/8/19
Wish I’d known about it a couple of years ago when I got my gen Tag serviced for around £300 because the power reserve had become poor, maybe it was just magnetised! :(

Sometime, it truly need a service to run fine (my AP run 5 mins fast and even with the demagnetizer, it didn't change anything so i sent for servicing and this one helped). But in most cases, demagnetizing will help it run fine and it's a good tool to keep for watch collectors.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Sometime, it truly need a service to run fine (my AP run 5 mins fast and even with the demagnetizer, it didn't change anything so i sent for servicing and this one helped). But in most cases, demagnetizing will help it run fine and it's a good tool to keep for watch collectors.

Oh well, you live and learn I guess! Something else I’m still not really sure about is the rotor on reps, if I shake my gen Tag I can then hear/see the rotor spinning and winding the watch, but no matter how I shake my rep Rolex’s with 2836-2’s in them, the rotor just stops moving as soon as I stop shaking, do you know if that is right?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Oh well, you live and learn I guess! Something else I’m still not really sure about is the rotor on reps, if I shake my gen Tag I can then hear/see the rotor spinning and winding the watch, but no matter how I shake my rep Rolex’s with 2836-2’s in them, the rotor just stops moving as soon as I stop shaking, do you know if that is right?

Some watches only wind in one direction. Im guessing your tags are this way. If you rotate the rotor in the opposite to winding direction it will spin up with no resistance. The 2836 is bi directional, so it is winding either way you spin it. Winding the spring takes energy and stops the rotor spinning. Its not a bad thing :)

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Some watches only wind in one direction. Im guessing your tags are this way. If you rotate the rotor in the opposite to winding direction it will spin up with no resistance. The 2836 is bi directional, so it is winding either way you spin it. Winding the spring takes energy and stops the rotor spinning. Its not a bad thing :)

Ok that makes sense, my Tag does only wind in one direction, so when it free spins round it’s obviously not winding then! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Xilikon

20/8/19

kudos

18/2/14
Been a while since I've been on this forum, but first day back and I've just read all 42 pages of this thread! lol

Thanks for all of the great info, I'd really like to see a gen V rep comparison

Now to decide which colour to buy..........

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Been a while since I've been on this forum, but first day back and I've just read all 42 pages of this thread! lol

Thanks for all of the great info, I'd really like to see a gen V rep comparison

Now to decide which colour to buy..........

Unfortunately I doubt anyone on the forum could get to hold a genuine one, let alone have the £20k to buy one, not to mention the years on a waiting list unless you’re a VIP!

shortlegs

31/5/19
Unfortunately I doubt anyone on the forum could get to hold a genuine one, let alone have the £20k to buy one, not to mention the years on a waiting list unless you’re a VIP!

Why? Just because people here dabble in reps means they don't have the means or ability to have gens?

Just because you don't, doesn't mean that others don't either. There are so, so many people here that have extensive gen collections. For one, Legend's gen collection will make you weep. Suggest you leave such unvalidated, biased statements at home.

Reactions: babymilox