• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 600M 'Tai Chi'

Mrpong

15/9/19
Mine was running fast (although, marginally. I just like my watches to be perfect). When I went to take the caseback off, the movement popped loose. I dont know if it was glued in place, or if the case feet just werent set properly, but the watchsmith fixed it for all of $40 so whatever it was, wasnt a big deal. watch is now regulated, and taking the abuse of ski season like a champ

OH thanks

m800

Known Member
9/6/19
crazy. I'm also new to the rep game, so I'm not sure how long runs of certain models are supposed to go. But I do know it's not that uncommon for the factories to make changes to the reps. In this case, I would scream "bullshit" at a swap from bi-directional to uni, but I don't know. this thread was full of people waiting to buy, so maybe others will chime in as they receive the new batch

I just opened mine, and the bezel is indeed unidirectional. Aside from that, it appears to be an outstanding replica!

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Can those who already got this in the early batch, confirm that the bezel is unidirectional? Shouldn't it be bi-directional? Also those who recently ordered this year, which TD? I thought the Factories are closed and TD not taking orders for now?

m800

Known Member
9/6/19
Can those who already got this in the early batch, confirm that the bezel is unidirectional? Shouldn't it be bi-directional? Also those who recently ordered this year, which TD? I thought the Factories are closed and TD not taking orders for now?

It is supposed to be bidirectional as a GMT. Dive watches only are supposed to be unidirectional.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I know there are some rumors on other forums like Reddit that the factories will introduce new flaws into their models to make sure you buy the new version but this sounds silly. Why would they go from bi-directional to uni? I wonder if they just replaced the bezel insert on the BP and called it a day. Maybe worth reaching out to a wider thread (aka a new one) to see if anyone can review any other reps of this?

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
It is supposed to be bidirectional as a GMT. Dive watches only are supposed to be unidirectional.

Mine arrived today that I ordered from a TD. I ordered the new VSF version back in November and had to wait until now for the new batch. The bezel is Unidirectional. What are my options here?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Mine arrived today that I ordered from a TD. I ordered the new VSF version back in November and had to wait until now for the new batch. The bezel is Unidirectional. What are my options here?

Enjoy it or sell it if it bothers you too much? Do you really use the bezel? How would someone else know it is not working like it should?

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
Enjoy it or sell it if it bothers you too much? Do you really use the bezel? How would someone else know it is not working like it should?

I meant what mechanically makes the bezel unidirectional. Is it a spring or something I can modifty? Did the first batch that came out in November have this flaw?

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19

Imo, that's a terrible answer and suggestion. Obviously, he should take it up privately with the TD if he doesn't like it, but what is the best practice in this case? Can he actually expect a refund? He bought a specific watch, and got a different one. That's not cool. Yes, when it comes to "watch features" it might not sound like a big deal, but if he bought it because it was a super rep, he didn't get one. It would be like buying the noob Daytona and then they sending him the not working Chrono version.

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
Yes, I would also use the bezel for the GMT function. Using a rep for GMT isn't as risky as using it for a dive timer for obvious reasons.

Is there any sort of bezel swap that can be done? Is it as simple as changing some spring or something to change the ratcheting action?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Bezel is bidirectional guys. I guess unidirectional bezel is a QC problem.

m800

Known Member
9/6/19
This isnt cool at all. As much as I like my homodirectional dive watches (as they sure-as-hell-should-be), my GMT is supposed to be bi. That's how I want it. Its not a dive watch. Its not supposed to be homo. Its just not right.

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I think ordering before the Chinese New year was a mistake, even in my end. QC suffers terribly, even with good TD's. The sheer volume ruins the ability for a TD to check properly. This has been my experience.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
Is anyone else having issues resizing the bracelet? I have the right screwdrivers, but the screws aren't budging and I'm almost about to strip the screwheads. This is from the newer batch with the uni bezel

lyakya

Known Member
8/3/18
Is anyone else having issues resizing the bracelet? I have the right screwdrivers, but the screws aren't budging and I'm almost about to strip the screwheads. This is from the newer batch with the uni bezel

Maybe try to dip the bracelet in baby oil for the night.

Reactions: Bill_C

Ripgd

Looking Around
27/1/20
Hi all.
Mine finally arrived this morning and I can confirm it’s as Bi-Directional as per the original.

TD was Puretime and was the latest batch as I had to wait for some time for it to be back in stock before dispatching.

Reactions: phdsjain