• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs VRF - GMT II 116710LN (clone 3186) - GAMECHANGING BATTLE.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The only noob pepsi available at the moment is with the noob CHS movement which is precisely the time bomb. Not sure where you saw that this is a reliable option

It was meant with irony after a member saying both new clone GMT movements seem to be fragile as well and everybody hoping for a pepsi.

Reactions: Tobel

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
By far they are not TIMEBOMBS. They are repairable. Again what we are forgetting is that these are replicas of the real movement. The first generation of GMT reps that we have been building with real Rolex parts dumping about $1000 in parts to get a proper GMT 31XX. Now two came out. The ARF was rushed because of the VRF coming out.

I look at it completely different than most. I think this is extremely exciting. We now have 2 cases that fit rep or real 3185/86 movements and will take Rolex parts. No one has ever made a rep of a real GMT case. Going back to the 5 dig till now.

As far as the movements. I serviced the VRF one. Part number 3185-660 needs replacing. It is running great but after I saw Mike mention it, I tested it and indeed it slips and doesn't keep correct time with the GMT hand.

The ARF that I am using I want to replace the whole hour jumping mech from the wheel to the spring. I need to disassemble it.

Never the less. They are not "Time bombs"

If you are expecting a watch that you are going to throw on your wrist and work and run and look just like a Rolex 116710LN you can always go to an AD and buy one. If you are looking for a nice watch and throw a few hundred dollars at it wait till we figure it all out. There is no rush. They just came out a month or two ago and heck ARF didn't ship many and their parts, IE bracelet and full bezel assembly are the ones I would go with. The VRF has a lot better dial and case in my opinion but they are both great new toys to play with.

Right now if you are asking me which I would get I would say hold off if you just want to wear it. Both movements have issues that need to be addressed. They are simple fixes so If you are like me and service your reps you will have to get a few parts to correct the problem. If you want a turn key watch that you will just throw on wait.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
My vr3185 been fine daily since receipt

Take a picture of the dial reading 2400 Hours where all your hands are line up at 12am then at 6 or 18hrs. See if it is lined up. If so consider yourself very lucky. I would still like to see the pics though. So far mostly everyone I know is having the identical issue. You may be one of the lucky ones but I wouldn't mess with the hour hand to much and go slow when you adjust the date. Best to keep it on a winder so you don't let the power reserve drop and you have like a week to catch up. That would be 24 clicks of the hour wheel 7 times. My hybrid mix with ARF and VRF parts with real parts worked great till I let it die. Then I went to adjust the ARF movement and it just spins after getting stuck at 4. If I leave it alone it will continue fine but the VRF I have not installed, just serviced. So I was reading that the GMT and hour don't line up after adjusting the jumping hour hand and I pressed the hands on at midnight and the date snaps at 25 clicks not 24 and sometimes if I am going fast it will slip the hour click but the GMT hand doesn't so they are not jiving. It is repairable. Simple part to replace.

Reactions: mp1mancini

chiccovn

4/10/19
Take a picture of the dial reading 2400 Hours where all your hands are line up at 12am then at 6 or 18hrs. See if it is lined up. If so consider yourself very lucky. I would still like to see the pics though. So far mostly everyone I know is having the identical issue. You may be one of the lucky ones but I wouldn't mess with the hour hand to much and go slow when you adjust the date. Best to keep it on a winder so you don't let the power reserve drop and you have like a week to catch up. That would be 24 clicks of the hour wheel 7 times. My hybrid mix with ARF and VRF parts with real parts worked great till I let it die. Then I went to adjust the ARF movement and it just spins after getting stuck at 4. If I leave it alone it will continue fine but the VRF I have not installed, just serviced. So I was reading that the GMT and hour don't line up after adjusting the jumping hour hand and I pressed the hands on at midnight and the date snaps at 25 clicks not 24 and sometimes if I am going fast it will slip the hour click but the GMT hand doesn't so they are not jiving. It is repairable. Simple part to replace.
Oh too late to be gentle on mine, one video on my receipt, one abusive QC before shipment to me.. how do i get them lineup? manually or waiting for them?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7XQ8wstuA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XxXyYO38j3g
Good luck to myself, i will see

chiccovn

4/10/19
WXfgK.jpg
WXGmv.jpg

I hope these are what you wanted me to do..
Btw the movement is vr3185 but the dial and jubilee braclt are not vrf.. (there were long threads about this mixture somewhere on here but irrelevant to the issue at hand)

Last edited:

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
WXfgK.jpg
WXGmv.jpg

I hope these are what you wanted me to do..
Btw the movement is vr3185 but the dial and jubilee braclt are not vrf.. (there were long threads about this mixture somewhere on here but irrelevant to the issue at hand)

Can you link the thread on that watch build please. The VRF case top of rehaut needs polishing. The rehaut engraving even looks different. That looks to good to be the VRF case unless it was worked on and I would love to see the thread on who did it so I can get some pointers.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Can you link the thread on that watch build please. The VRF case top of rehaut needs polishing. The rehaut engraving even looks different. That looks to good to be the VRF case unless it was worked on and I would love to see the thread on who did it so I can get some pointers.

Its the mystery watch. The Chinese dealer sent him this when he asked only to swap a jubilee instead of the oyster. Instead he got another watch with VRF movement put inside. Should be GMF (high crystal, thin engravings, frisbee GMT hand hole surround). It was in one of those new VRF clone threads.

Last edited:

Luizin2004

Renowned Member
11/1/11
Well.Good to hear about the issues on both.
I’ll wait for the movements to be fixed.I have a Gen Crystal and Full Gen Bezel waiting for the ARF, but i’ll wait to order the watch.

Hope they got the issues fixed soon.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Good eye on the case Rob. He ordered it from a maybe local dealer not a TD, and asked for a Jubilee instead of the VRF oyster. So his dealer put this together for him and I noticed the GMT hand hole surround is not a VRF hand so we wondered for a bit it there was really a VR3185 in it. BP/GMF are the only ones that use the "Frisbee" (oversized) GMT hand hole surround, so the case may indeed be a BP/GMF. The Frisbee GMT hand hole surround is easily recognizable because it completely obscures the hour hand hole surround beneath it. Unlike the gen stack which has a sequential step down sizing. BP/GMF uses the same type of hands on their 2824 CHS time bomb watches, though the hands holes would be different sizes due to the ETA clone movement.

His movement is indeed a VR3185, he finally got it opened to see. And he got a 126710 dial too. So it looks like the VR3185 will fit in an ETA case if this isn't a VRF case.

The discussion took place here when he posted it in the VRF Batman thread and the differences were noticed

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...50#post8427250

Last edited:
Reactions: occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Good eye on the case Rob. He ordered it from a maybe local dealer not a TD, and asked for a Jubilee instead of the VRF oyster. So his dealer put this together for him and I noticed the GMT hand hole surround is not a VRF hand so we wondered for a bit it there was really a VR3185 in it. BP/GMF are the only ones that use the "Frisbee" (oversized) GMT hand hole surround, so the case may indeed be a BP/GMF. The Frisbee GMT hand hole surround is easily recognizable because it completely obscures the hour hand hole surround beneath it. Unlike the gen stack which has a sequential step down sizing. BP/GMF uses the same type of hands on their 2824 CHS time bomb watches, though the hands holes would be different sizes due to the ETA clone movement.

His movement is indeed a VR3185, he finally got it opened to see. And he got a 126710 dial too. So it looks like the VR3185 will fit in an ETA case if this isn't a VRF case.

The discussion took place here when he posted it in the VRF Batman thread and the differences were noticed

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...50#post8427250

Thanks brother. I'll read it now.

chiccovn

4/10/19
so after those pics of hands perfectly lined up should you confirm that my vr3185 is a good one?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
so after those pics of hands perfectly lined up should you confirm that my vr3185 is a good one?

I really don't know what your watch is. From the looks of the movement it looks like a VRF but not polished as one. VRF movements are amazingly finished while yours is a little rough. It does have the painted spring. Case I still don't know. It should be marked 126710 you say it isn't. Your rehaut isn't rough top is not rough. I would say it was a frankenstin put together by a dealer.

Reactions: KJ2020