• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JKF Vintage Daytonas are nice!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
My 6238 is already at the delivery facility. So, hoping for an early delivery before Thursday!!

EDIT; now out for delivery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and stufuse

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Hi all!

I saw there was some discussion about subdial spacing earlier in the thread. Just so you know, Yuki sell replacement “gen spec” dials for these watches which have correct spacing. You have to do a bit of work moving the 6 o’clock subdial hand (it sits too low down on an ST19 movement which is what causes the issue in the first place).

41-A199-CB-580-F-41-BB-8-F07-1-C22-A3-CD1-D21.jpg

As you can see, I like Daytonas!!

Far left is a 6265 with a Yuki dial swap and 6 o’clock hand moved. Their dials used to be fairly poor when I first did this six years ago, but this one has one of their more recent dials which are excellent and reasonably priced!

In the middle, you have already met Stuvetjee’s, it’s our project 6270. We decided not to move the 6 o’clock subdial and leave it as standard on the ST19, so you can actually see the 6 o’clock subdial sits lower down the dial slightly than the other two!

On the far right is a gold 6265 with a Phong dial and 6 o’clock hand moved again. These Phong dials are stunning, but they cost $750, so I’d recommend sticking with Yuki. I had to go Phong on that one as Yuki don’t sell the gold on black dial!

DC

Nice bit of info here, had no idea there were other dials. I’ll have to check on web browser as Tapatalk won’t show your pics.

Reactions: mclarendude

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Nice bit of info here, had no idea there were other dials. I’ll have to check on web browser as Tapatalk won’t show your pics.

No worries, for when you do get onto a web browser I’ll post this here, a more close up pic and just of the three ST19 Daytonas...

9-DD316-D5-27-C8-41-B7-BA08-58-EC97386-DE5.jpg

And before anyone says it, yes the chrono hand on the gold 6265 is bent, lol, that was a result of switching bezels and not being careful enough when prising the bezel off, lol!

Check out www.yukiwatch.net they are a trusted dealer here!!!

DC

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
No worries, for when you do get onto a web browser I’ll post this here, a more close up pic and just of the three ST19 Daytonas...

9-DD316-D5-27-C8-41-B7-BA08-58-EC97386-DE5.jpg

And before anyone says it, yes the chrono hand on the gold 6265 is bent, lol, that was a result of switching bezels and not being careful enough when prising the bezel off, lol!

Check out www.yukiwatch.net they are a trusted dealer here!!!

DC

It’s strange as I can see this pic, so the gold 6265 has the yuki dial? Spacing
Looks better for sure. What’s the process for moving the hands?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
It’s strange as I can see this pic, so the gold 6265 has the yuki dial? Spacing
Looks better for sure. What’s the process for moving the hands?

The gold 6265 has the more expensive Phong dial (still with gen spacing) and the steel 6265 has the Yuki, both Phong and Yuki make them to fit the Valjoux 72 movement. You can’t really see the difference between Phong and Yuki unless you’re up close, hence recommending Yuki for a PN dial.

So on these ST19 reps the 6 o’clock hand sits in a gear that isn’t attached to anything, it’s just set in the baseplate in it’s own hole. You have to enlarge that hole to allow the gear and therefore the hand to be moved slightly up. Then glue the gear in place in the new position and boom, you’re good to go!

DC

PS: I didn’t do this, I got a watchsmith to do it for me, I just know what he did as he sent pictures!

Reactions: KJ2020 and stufuse

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
The gold 6265 has the more expensive Phong dial (still with gen spacing) and the steel 6265 has the Yuki, both Phong and Yuki make them to fit the Valjoux 72 movement. You can’t really see the difference between Phong and Yuki unless you’re up close, hence recommending Yuki for a PN dial.

So on these ST19 reps the 6 o’clock hand sits in a gear that isn’t attached to anything, it’s just set in the baseplate in it’s own hole. You have to enlarge that hole to allow the gear and therefore the hand to be moved slightly up. Then glue the gear in place in the new position and boom, you’re good to go!

DC

PS: I didn’t do this, I got a watchsmith to do it for me, I just know what he did as he sent pictures!

There are some good pictures in onzenuub/francisco's thread on RWG showing how to freeze the 6 o'clock hand: https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?...eps-with-lemania-st-19-movement/&_fromLogin=1 (I think you have to be registered at RWG to see the pictures)

DC, when you bought your yuki dial, did it come with the hands for the Valjoux 72 movement? If so, did you try fitting the subdial hands to the ST19 movement?

Based on some googling, I am finding the following regarding hand sizes:

V72 - Hands

Hour 1.60

min 1.09

center chrono 0.25

sub-second 0.23

sub-minutes 0.25

sub-hours 0.28

Seagull ST-19/Venus 175 - Hands

1.40 x 0.95 x 0.27 / 0.27 x 0.18mm

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
There are some good pictures in onzenuub/francisco's thread on RWG showing how to freeze the 6 o'clock hand: https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?...eps-with-lemania-st-19-movement/&_fromLogin=1 (I think you have to be registered at RWG to see the pictures)

DC, when you bought your yuki dial, did it come with the hands for the Valjoux 72 movement? If so, did you try fitting the subdial hands to the ST19 movement?

Based on some googling, I am finding the following regarding hand sizes:

V72 - Hands

Hour 1.60

min 1.09

center chrono 0.25

sub-second 0.23

sub-minutes 0.25

sub-hours 0.28

Seagull ST-19/Venus 175 - Hands

1.40 x 0.95 x 0.27 / 0.27 x 0.18mm

I did get hands as well but didn’t try fitting them, didn’t even occur to me as I’d heard people say they don’t fit, looking at those numbers they most likely wouldn’t!!

DC

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Pleeeaaase stop! This is hurting my wallet haha!! Got my watch box full already with a 3 watch extension on the side.

These Daytonas look absolutely amazing. Did someone manage to source a red seconds hand for it?

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
Indulged myself a nice christmas gift and ordered one today. Full silver like McLaren.
I always have been a bit thrown off by modern daytonas (too big for me or not convinced by two-color dials) and this full silver pre-daytona just calls my name every time i see a picture of it

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
mclarendude

it’s looks nice and around the same thickness of my 5 digit SD. That must be 14ish mm so no problem wearing that. Just awaiting my QC from Marv still:

More pics please. Anyone contacted a modder about some gentle aging yet?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
_DC_

Thanks for the yuki link, they don’t appear to do the all silver dial unfortunately. I’d probably stick with what I’ll have. I’d definitely upgrade if I end up with another iteration though.

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
Indulged myself a nice christmas gift and ordered one today. Full silver like McLaren.
I always have been a bit thrown off by modern daytonas (too big for me or not convinced by two-color dials) and this full silver pre-daytona just calls my name every time i see a picture of it

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
_DC_

Thanks for the yuki link, they don’t appear to do the all silver dial unfortunately. I’d probably stick with what I’ll have. I’d definitely upgrade if I end up with another iteration though.

Worth messaging them, they do sometimes have more variants available than on their website!

DC

Reactions: stufuse

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I’ll get more pictures today in natural lighting.

Haven’t contacted a modder yet or sourced a red seconds hand. Will get to that after NYE/NY festivities!

I’ll tell you all what, though. It’s the perfect size for me. Height and diameter. So glad I went for it.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I’ll get more pictures today in natural lighting.

Haven’t contacted a modder yet or sourced a red seconds hand. Will get to that after NYE/NY festivities!

I’ll tell you all what, though. It’s the perfect size for me. Height and diameter. So glad I went for it.

It looks good on, what wrist size are you? I’m guessing sub 7 inch?