• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Obligatory post for robinstyler :D
Just received the ARF V3 bluesy in the mail, much happier with it than my V10 noob hulk tbh.
Probably going to sell the noob and get the zzf V2 instead.
Not the best photos but it'll do for now. Enjoy!

VHuc5s.jpg

VHuQuG.jpg

VHuUFq.jpg

Also I have no idea why the first picture is uploading sideways but I'm too lazy to fix it.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Also I have no idea why the first picture is uploading sideways but I'm too lazy to fix it.

That's quite nice, I'll probably get one. I've been waiting for a while to find the right one.

5xXfX.jpg

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
KJ2020 Thanks!

I've had a gen two toned with black dial in the past (before I discovered you guys), probably one of my favorite. However I was too incredibly paranoid to wear it outside. The ARF bluesy feels solid and not much unlike my gen, and I'm much happier wearing it around town without having to worry. Now that ARF has fixed the fat datewheel issue, there's not much to complain about!

robinstyler

Renowned Member
4/7/16
Obligatory post for robinstyler :D
Just received the ARF V3 bluesy in the mail, much happier with it than my V10 noob hulk tbh.
Probably going to sell the noob and get the zzf V2 instead.
Not the best photos but it'll do for now. Enjoy!

VHuc5s.jpg

VHuQuG.jpg

VHuUFq.jpg

Nicee, I was actually waiting for these pics! Looks amazing and makes me even less patient in waiting for mine to get here :D

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Nicee, I was actually waiting for these pics! Looks amazing and makes me even less patient in waiting for mine to get here :D

Urgh, I had to wait SO LONG. I originally ordered the previous version, without knowing that a V3 was about to be released.
Andrew from Trusty sourced a V3 for me instead (although I did have to wait over a month for my package).
I was super impatient but very happy when it arrived!

I got a V10 Noob hulk too, and honestly I'm a tad disappointed in it overall. Probably will end up rehoming it.
Thinking about getting the new ZZF V2 hulk, or sticking to ARF and picking up the V3 ARF hulk.
Haven't figured it out yet.

robinstyler

Renowned Member
4/7/16
Urgh, I had to wait SO LONG. I originally ordered the previous version, without knowing that a V3 was about to be released.
Andrew from Trusty sourced a V3 for me instead (although I did have to wait over a month for my package).
I was super impatient but very happy when it arrived!

I got a V10 Noob hulk too, and honestly I'm a tad disappointed in it overall. Probably will end up rehoming it.
Thinking about getting the new ZZF V2 hulk, or sticking to ARF and picking up the V3 ARF hulk.
Haven't figured it out yet.

Same here, placed my order on December 4th for a v2 but Marv told me to wait as a v3 would be releasing any day and here I am waiting on my package now :D

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
I couldn't agree more. When I 1st got mine I was thinking of adding a gen dw and prof black hole xstal combo but in all honesty they did a great job fixing these 2 flaws. Plus the bonus of side gold SELS aren't so bad either :) The v3 has really made this a great OTB rep!

KJ2020 Thanks!

I've had a gen two toned with black dial in the past (before I discovered you guys), probably one of my favorite. However I was too incredibly paranoid to wear it outside. The ARF bluesy feels solid and not much unlike my gen, and I'm much happier wearing it around town without having to worry. Now that ARF has fixed the fat datewheel issue, there's not much to complain about!

Reactions: KJ2020

Alephpark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/17
Just pointing it out for others to be aware.
Lately, my friend received QC pics for his 116613 and he noticed that the sides of the SEL was partially not plated on one side.
check your QC pics. Maybe some of the recent batches have this problem

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
I've seen some that didn't fit flush to the case, I linked a TRF thread with pics in the first link of my post. But it wasn't because of an improperly countersunk tube hole. Definitely an ARF QC problem, instant reject IMO.

Here's that link. I don't agree with everything said in it. I've owned 4 gens and never had anything but flush fit.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=193371

Well, some of the folks here have more than 4 gens and I am pretty sure they/we will say this is not uncommon.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Well, some of the folks here have more than 4 gens and I am pretty sure they/we will say this is not uncommon.

I would like to see it on a gen where the case hole wasn't countersunk properly being the reason for the crown not sitting flush. That's the issue in question here with ARFs common flaw.

robinstyler

Renowned Member
4/7/16
Are you talking about the insert 3 in 30? I thought the poster was talking about the 30 date defect

I think thats what he meant. Hard to believe a gen datewheel could be this bad though. :D I dont see a notch in the 30 on the insert.

Last edited:

jnkay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/06
I think thats what he meant. Hard to believe a gen datewheel could be this bad though. :D I dont see a notch in the 30 on the insert.

Got it. He was talking about the DW and I mistakenly thought bezel insert.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

The backbone of the 3 has a notch at the midpoint. This is a standard font characteristic though.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I own the ARF v2 (and gen). My biggest concern is that the gen has a darker bezel insert and the sunburst dial is a bit brighter when the light strikes the dial. Too bad they did't fix that in V3. The datewheel on my v2 is great, not fat at all.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars and KJ2020

robinstyler

Renowned Member
4/7/16
Finally got mine! Here’s some quick pics next to a gen tt Datejust for Gold comparison.
UnJRF.jpg

Uncht.jpg