• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need some advices on 116613LB before buying

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
More pictures here:
befa7a0aa47bd15d63a361ce0e542e57.jpg
6dc0d041417e307b22b26ac287b01e90.jpg
d9e525b16cfd455c1fc66196ca9675e3.plist
fb9c12be2dd57f00cc5837ec7c7c38aa.plist
d32dd7de1f3985092f22f97d93dc0ae1.plist
efaaa4acda0f90700b9dea43f1ff5323.plist
c456073b95166d3520edbf43091f362d.plist
195d55e9de076b06a6db5f91e46a39c0.plist
ccd0f26b6871843c212327552dd9f6cf.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Oh damn bro, sorry to hear. It’s not your fingers rather than those sensitive ceramic inlays. You need to press them very evenly from all sides the same time. After crashing tons of them I try to stay away from mounting non cracked ones. Once they already have one crack, it’s easier...

Time doesn’t exist, clocks exist.

Reactions: beanvatan

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
t
Oh damn bro, sorry to hear. It’s not your fingers rather than those sensitive ceramic inlays. You need to press them very evenly from all sides the same time. After crashing tons of them I try to stay away from mounting non cracked ones. Once they already have one crack, it’s easier...

Thank you for your advice, mate. I will keep that in mind. Do you know how to install the bezel back on the case? I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube about it. It seems to be an easy process, just press and hold. However, mine Bezel does not stay-in, it keeps popping out. I tried to using the press, (of course, before I install the insert) but it still does not stay. Did I do something wrong or am I missing any key step(s)? Thank you in advance.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
t
Thank you for your advice, mate. I will keep that in mind. Do you know how to install the bezel back on the case? I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube about it. It seems to be an easy process, just press and hold. However, mine Bezel does not stay-in, it keeps popping out. I tried to using the press, (of course, before I install the insert) but it still does not stay. Did I do something wrong or am I missing any key step(s)? Thank you in advance.

Hi man, no it’s only pushing it back to case.

If you are using a press, make sure that the diameter of the die is wider than the insert so that the die touches the bezel only and not the insert while pressing. Otherwise, you might crack the insert again.

Make also sure that you installed the hyrtel / gasket is mounted in the right direction. If it’s wrong side up, bezel might not stay in place. So try to swap the gasket upside down

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
Hi man, no it’s only pushing it back to case.

If you are using a press, make sure that the diameter of the die is wider than the insert so that the die touches the bezel only and not the insert while pressing. Otherwise, you might crack the insert again.

Make also sure that you installed the hyrtel / gasket is mounted in the right direction. If it’s wrong side up, bezel might not stay in place. So try to swap the gasket upside down

Thank you, brother. I will try to do that later today.

Reactions: mega12

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
Even though I have not done a full review of the moded bezel insert by Spongebob, but the pictures are up there. So I would like to say a thing or two about the bezel insert.
First, I love it so much! I love how Spongebob polished the exterior color, makes it looks more Gen likes. The color blue is fantastic and catchy either in a house or outdoor. Spongebob service gives that insert more lives. An amazing job! Secondly, I have to said that I am so in love with the gold filling inside the numbers and markers. The and engravings feel so genuinely in-depth now, compare to before. It definitely gives its souls.

Thank you, Spongebob for your excellent service!

Reactions: leo6929 and mega12

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
KJ2020 I would have done the same as what you did there. I think if I would spend that much money on a watch, I expected it to be "perfect" to "acceptable." But yeah, the crystal is way too high and I'm with you on the engraving. I am still looking for an excellent 116613LB sub to buy as a base for modding.

1K for a perfect to acceptable rolex?

lul

13thking

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/15
Btw can I know how did you break it ? As I’m thinking to send my bezel to spongebob for the mod . So that others can be careful to deal with their bezel as well beanvatan

Reactions: beanvatan

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
Btw can I know how did you break it ? As I’m thinking to send my bezel to spongebob for the mod . So that others can be careful to deal with their bezel as well beanvatan

I am first, inspecting the bezel and the bezel insert to see how they seat on each other. After I found out, I then trying to take the insert out so I could install the bezel on the watch, then the insert ring, then the insert. I turned the bezel to the back of it, then using my thumb to push on the bezel insert ring ( the white ring that the insert is seating on). However, my old fat thumb is too big and it hit the insert instead, and then I heard it crack! There's goes my Spongebob ceramic bezel insert!

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
I am first, inspecting the bezel and the bezel insert to see how they seat on each other. After I found out, I then trying to take the insert out so I could install the bezel on the watch, then the insert ring, then the insert. I turned the bezel to the back of it, then using my thumb to push on the bezel insert ring ( the white ring that the insert is seating on). However, my old fat thumb is too big and it hit the insert instead, and then I heard it crack! There's goes my Spongebob ceramic bezel insert!

No one can take them out of the bezel with his fingers only without cracking it bro ;)
This needs professional tools and many skills. So don’t worry. It’s way easier installing a bezel with a mounted insert instead of removing an insert

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Stock ARF bro.

Pelagic did a tutorial on removing inserts that have the extra pressure fit retaining ring in the bezel (ARF).

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...eramic-inserts

You can just buy a ready made Bluesy insert from Spongebob. He charges $80 extra to suppy the insert.

I disagree that it's better to press a bezel on with the insert seated, IMO there is greater risk to cracking the insert that way. You can run into all kinds of issues reseating a bezel, having the insert installed is an unnecessary complication.

Last edited: