• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
And I did read all posts, understand about the angles, that some old ones are being used and passed into v3's, but doesn't change the fact I want a thin sub dialed v3, easy excited and received the above....which seems Ashley Graham fat

:rofl:

Relentless Penetration

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/17
I've just ordered one from the UK. I just user my debit card but I was charged quite a bit more due to additional fees.
I got the watch and the clean factory bezel, it cost me £730.

Thanks for your reply Wow £730 that a lot of charges, can i ask which dealer you used mate?
Cheers Lawson

Mikio17

19/10/19
Guys, ive received qc pictures for two watches that ive RL'd because of the subdial. As i was insisting for the thinner dials, Elena told me that she doesnt know what im talking about since the fat ones that she sent pictures of are the v3s and are the latest models. Ive talked to Angus about it and he says that these are all V3s. Any advice?

Reactions: vcappp

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Guys, ive received qc pictures for two watches that ive RL'd because of the subdial. As i was insisting for the thinner dials, Elena told me that she doesnt know what im talking about since the fat ones that she sent pictures of are the v3s and are the latest models. Ive talked to Angus about it and he says that these are all V3s. Any advice?

I also rejected multiple fat sub dial ones. The are noob V3s, but it seems that the "thin" ones were actually the rarity and not the norm. Maybe we were too quick to judge and the new V3 actually does have fat sub dials again.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Elena did the same with me, pointed out that it's a v3 due to the R, but fact is these are fat sub dials. Not happy about that as THE most sensitive thing to me and obvious tell are the fat sub dials

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia

I just came back from China. My TD over there had 10 V3's that I could hold in my hand look at and compare. I will tell you that the instant I saw the black dial I instantly saw the fat sub dials. It's not a magnification or lighting issue - it's and immediate and OBVIOUS proportion issue that is not only visible on the wrist - it's noticeable from a 6 ft distance. I do not think this is a "some V3s have fat SDs and some have thin" sort of thing. I see a lot of watches every month in real life and I can tell you that recently ALL of the recent black V3 dials have fat sub dials and yes it is very noticable! I run into celebs in my job fairly regularly and a few months ago when the white sub dials were fat I happened to run across an NBA player who was wearing a panda with thin subdials- my first instinct was to ask him what version his rep was and who was his TD- before realizing it was a gen. The human eye is striking in its ability to see incorrect proportions like that. I literally could see it within a second from a 6-10ft distance. If I could have somehow swapped his panda with my V3 - he would have seen it within a nano second too.

I just don't understand how these watches that tackle such incredible technical achievements like reproducing a 4130 movement keep screwing up obvious tells like this. I am actually beginning to buy in to the theory that they want these screwed up so we have to keep buying new versions. I don't even think these are V1 dials they are using. The V1 dials were not only fat they were also too shiny vs the more matte dials that the new gen Daytona's have. It's like they fix one issue then intentionally screw up a previously fixed issue just to mess with our minds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mew

18/12/15
Germany
mew molivio, did you end up accepting the watches? she suggested i chose another watch.

Yes, I ended up taking one with fat dials as everything else on it was perfect and I wanted to see if it's just a trick with the light. Tbh, I kind of regret it. It's a very obvious design flaw and I can't stop staring at it.

I also noticed how crazy shiny the subdials are - this also kind of kills it for me.

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia
Oh and one other thing they have recently started screwing up again. Remember how in V1 the dials were often slightly off center? Ie the gap between the tick markers and rehaut was wider on one side than the other - remember how that was largely fixed on V2? (Although still not perfect) - well we are back to off center dials again with the latest V3s! Again it's something that can be seen with the naked eye on the wrist because once again the human eye is great at seeing something that is "off". Even if you can't too small to resolve the gap the eye can tell that the centering because the eye can see how the outer perimeter of ticks runs into the rehaut -to the eye it looks way off - as though the tick line gets fatter and "busier" on the narrow gap side even though it's just N optical illusion - they eye picks up on it.

This is another thing we all have to start scrutinizing again!

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
I did not, my main reason for the new Daytona and why I waited were the sub dials. To each their own, but this is my pet peeve

Bokthoi

4/9/17
This video details well how to deploy the easy link.

Now if you want to move the easy link, you need to deploy it first, then you will see that it is attached to the clasp by a spring bar. There's 3 different positions in the clasp where that springbar can be put, you can see little holes on the side. Each position is roughly 2mm away from the other

Cheers guys, figured I had to give it quite the tug to get it to pop out, something I'm always reluctant to do with reps :D

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I just came back from China. My TD over there had 10 V3's that I could hold in my hand look at and compare. I will tell you that the instant I saw the black dial I instantly saw the fat sub dials. It's not a magnification or lighting issue - it's and immediate and OBVIOUS proportion issue that is not only visible on the wrist - it's noticeable from a 6 ft distance. I do not think this is a "some V3s have fat SDs and some have thin" sort of thing. I see a lot of watches every month in real life and I can tell you that recently ALL of the recent black V3 dials have fat sub dials and yes it is very noticable! I run into celebs in my job fairly regularly and a few months ago when the white sub dials were fat I happened to run across an NBA player who was wearing a panda with thin subdials- my first instinct was to ask him what version his rep was and who was his TD- before realizing it was a gen. The human eye is striking in its ability to see incorrect proportions like that. I literally could see it within a second from a 6-10ft distance. If I could have somehow swapped his panda with my V3 - he would have seen it within a nano second too.

I just don't understand how these watches that tackle such incredible technical achievements like reproducing a 4130 movement keep screwing up obvious tells like this. I am actually beginning to buy in to the theory that they want these screwed up so we have to keep buying new versions. I don't even think these are V1 dials they are using. The V1 dials were not only fat they were also too shiny vs the more matte dials that the new gen Daytona's have. It's like they fix one issue then intentionally screw up a previously fixed issue just to mess with our minds!

You know if white version have right subdials or fat?
I am waiting qc pics...

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia
You know if white version have right subdials or fat?
I am waiting qc pics...

The V3 white dial are still a HAIR too fat. Nothing as bad as the black dial - but it still stands out to me. We are talking minor - but noticeable. I just wish for once Noob would overcorrect and make some sub dials that are too thin! IMO Thin looks better than fat on this busy and small dial.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The V3 white dial are still a HAIR too fat. Nothing as bad as the black dial - but it still stands out to me. We are talking minor - but noticeable. I just wish for once Noob would overcorrect and make some sub dials that are too thin! IMO Thin looks better than fat on this busy and small dial.

but were there white dials with the right counters? I saw pictures of Noob V3 panda with thin counters ... just like gen.

Mrqcars

Horology Curious
27/10/18
Looking at the black v3’s on here do they all have the markers at 9 and 6 misaligned In the latest batch? I have just ordered a replacement as my v2 was stolen from my wrist whilst in Marble Arch London ,I had modified it with an oyster flex strap and 904l end links

Mrqcars

Horology Curious
27/10/18
The sub dials appear to me to be ok but not happy with alignment ,any help welcome,and no I won’t wear it in London this time