• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The PAMily // La PAMilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Some of them are broken and stored in drawers waiting for repairs and some of them are on the road waiting to arrive home/back home.

On the photo there are 3 Rainer boxes (1x 18 spots, 2x 6 spots) and one travel case made by MC Cases that you can find on the following link : https://mc-cases.com/catalog/product...de-in-germany/

Oh, the right one was a Rainer box? Doh! Now the price is almost the same as the MC travel case. I guess it depends on what you're primarily going to use them for. I don't usually travel for that long to need that many PAMs, yet and I guess in a pinch you could travel with the Rainer box. But it's nice to know where I can get a sturdier one for travel if I need it. My main concern with not being able to see the items in person is if the PAMs will fit snugly but not hit each other.

By the way, noticed two Ferrari PAMs that look forlorn, send them to me so they'll be with the extended family. :D

Last edited:

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Oh, the right one was a Rainer box? Doh! Now the price is almost the same as the MC travel case. I guess it depends on what you're primarily going to use them for. I don't usually travel for that long to need that many PAMs, yet and I guess in a pinch you could travel with the Rainer box. But it's nice to know where I can get a sturdier one for travel if I need it. My main concern with not being able to see the items in person is if the PAMs will fit snugly but not hit each other.

By the way, noticed two Ferrari PAMs that look forlorn, send them to me so they'll be with the extended family. :D

Living between two towns makes the need to have a robust travel case for me.

It’s not easy to find on the market a suitable watch case (display or travel) for big size watches (44+ mm) that looks good & fairly priced. Rainer boxes are really nice. Just these days I am thinking about making a different setup for displaying the watches that I have. I’m looking for different options around the www, thinking about having something custom made locally..

as for PAM Ferrari, I am trying to find some more so if you got some send them my way, you know they will have premium hospitality with me.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
There has been a lot of traffic in my Pamily, new references were added but I was lazy to take some photos until today when this new purchase, a really rare rep of the PAM225, arrived.

I am soooo happy with it, it was one of those pieces I was missing and that I wanted really bad to add to the collection. Despite the flaws that the rep has, I love it!

Albino monster PAM225

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Managed to snap a quick photo this morning, afternoon is gonna be rainy and the forecast is rain for the next 10 days!

Reactions: Hemaniaco

colorao01

10/3/10
That is one of the hardest watches and Pams to get it. Congratulations.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
That is one of the hardest watches and Pams to get it. Congratulations.

For sure one of the biggest challenges for me until now was to source this one after they’ve been sold out

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
we had so much rain yesterday that the city flooded :(, Sheffield UK

After a summer with 0 rain where I live this was somehow expected. No photo shooting this weekend for me LOL

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Come on!!!!
This makes my intentions close to miserable
Congrats they look dope :)

Thank you :)

No collection is miserable (neither yours even if you are just starting it), each one has it’s own sense & brings joy and happiness. Make a plan, take your time & have a lot of patience if you’re after some sold out models and you’ll see how nice it can grow.

aaa_bda

Known Member
26/6/19
Congrats on your collection dadog13, truly breathtaking!! I recently started mine, but it pales in comparison with only 6 PAMs. I've been able to buy a few on M2M but they're hard to come by and go really fast!! How did you manage to get that many and how long did it take?!?
I'd love to get my hands on a few more, and would gladly be a buyer if you're ever looking for a good home for some of them!! ;)

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Congrats on your collection dadog13, truly breathtaking!! I recently started mine, but it pales in comparison with only 6 PAMs. I've been able to buy a few on M2M but they're hard to come by and go really fast!! How did you manage to get that many and how long did it take?!?
I'd love to get my hands on a few more, and would gladly be a buyer if you're ever looking for a good home for some of them!! ;)

If you look at my “Join date” under my username you’ll see that I am here for a looooong time. PAM’s have been more popular in terms of avilability in the past, there were a few factories making them, some of them even the same models and the competition was huge. They were releasing all the possible references that you can imagine that the movement complexity allowed to make some really good replications in terms of visual and functional aspects.

Since a couple of years some of the factories that in the past made some really nice PAM reps ceased their production and decided to focus on some other brands. Don’t know why and makes no sense for me since IMHO after Rolex, Panerai is still the brand nr.2 among rep collectors (at least here on the forum). The market now is mainly dependent on one single factory making new models, VSF. All other factories such as ZF, XF, Noob,have some models available but they have been in production since years and they seem to have lost interest in developing new ones.

How did I managed to buy so much PAM’s? The 1st rep I bought in 2004. and the last one yesterday. Sold some along the way but in 99,9% cases I buy to keep them in the collection (there was a period I dropped from 30+ pcs to only a couple of the best ones, bad decision I won’t be repeating). Rarely you can see me selling some stuff.

The M2M section regarding PAM’s has been a battlefield in the past 1yr., most cases you have to be the fastest finger. Prepare to loose your social life, forget about wife, kids and work. Focus only on M2M and pray to be the 1st in line. There are some other tricks how to build a nice collection but I cannot disclose you all the secrets. 6 pcs. is already a nice start, I hope your plans for adding some more will have a positive ending. Good luck!

aaa_bda

Known Member
26/6/19
If you look at my “Join date” under my username you’ll see that I am here for a looooong time. PAM’s have been more popular in terms of avilability in the past, there were a few factories making them, some of them even the same models and the competition was huge. They were releasing all the possible references that you can imagine that the movement complexity allowed to make some really good replications in terms of visual and functional aspects.

Since a couple of years some of the factories that in the past made some really nice PAM reps ceased their production and decided to focus on some other brands. Don’t know why and makes no sense for me since IMHO after Rolex, Panerai is still the brand nr.2 among rep collectors (at least here on the forum). The market now is mainly dependent on one single factory making new models, VSF. All other factories such as ZF, XF, Noob,have some models available but they have been in production since years and they seem to have lost interest in developing new ones.

How did I managed to buy so much PAM’s? The 1st rep I bought in 2004. and the last one yesterday. Sold some along the way but in 99,9% cases I buy to keep them in the collection (there was a period I dropped from 30+ pcs to only a couple of the best ones, bad decision I won’t be repeating). Rarely you can see me selling some stuff.

The M2M section regarding PAM’s has been a battlefield in the past 1yr., most cases you have to be the fastest finger. Prepare to loose your social life, forget about wife, kids and work. Focus only on M2M and pray to be the 1st in line. There are some other tricks how to build a nice collection but I cannot disclose you all the secrets. 6 pcs. is already a nice start, I hope your plans for adding some more will have a positive ending. Good luck!

Thanks for the response and history of PAM reps. It’s really too bad that factories are not focusing on it anymore, seems to me that there’s clearly a substantial market of buyers ready and willing to buy.
I try my best to check M2M as often as possible, although it doesn’t help me to live in a part of the world where sellers are not always willing to ship... plus there seems to be a lot of reserved sales, I guess I need to make more friends here!!

Thanks again, and keep posting pics, I love admiring your collection!

Sent from the RWI App

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. I had the intention to put the models in order of reference, from the lowest to the highest number but I made some mistakes. It was very time consuming to take off and put back again all the straps. Maybe next time when I will add some more references to the PAMily I will make the correct order of. numbers/references. Hope you enjoy the photo (some PAM’s I own are missing in the photo, were left out for different reasons but due to limited space on the table I placed as much as I could).

Enjoy!

Reactions: Blshh and Hemaniaco

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. I had the intention to put the models in order of reference, from the lowest to the highest number but I made some mistakes. It was very time consuming to take off and put back again all the straps. Maybe next time when I will add some more references to the PAMily I will make the correct order of. numbers/references. Hope you enjoy the photo (some PAM’s I own are missing in the photo, were left out for different reasons but due to limited space on the table I placed as much as I could).

Enjoy!

6687-ECE9-1-CDE-4-BED-8089-881204-E34-A87.jpg

You need a larger table. :lol: That's a novel way to display them and not that common although that's primarily because no one has enough PAMs to even stop and think to oneself,"Hmm, what if I arrange them according to reference?" Again impressive collection. Something Ristis aspire to. Thanks for sharing. :D

Last edited:

aaa_bda

Known Member
26/6/19

Enjoy!

???????????? that’s a ridiculous collection!!!

Sent from the RWI App

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
You need a larger table. :lol: That's a novel way to display them and not that common although that's primarily because no one has enough PAMs to even stop and think to oneself,"Hmm, what if I arrange them according to reference?" Again impressive collection. Something Ristis aspire to. Thanks for sharing. :D

Thank you. I am sure there are many members with impressive collections, don't understand why they don't post more often photos of their "treasure". All of us like to see how they are stored, what kind of straps they are attached to, etc.

I have to think about how to properly take a photo of all of them, it's challenging for sure with the big number. I have some display ideas as well but it will take time until I finalize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.