• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member here: ZZF vs ARF V2 vs Noob V10 Sub? Tough choice

headarrow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/19
Hello all, new to the rep world. Im interested in a submariner with no date wheel, as i see date wheels are an easy tell in most cases of it not being gen.

I care more about the outer appearance more than the movement.

Ive been doing intensive reading for hours and hours. I see Noob v10 got released recently, but people are still recommending the ARF v2. But then again, I saw a sticky megathread comparison that says the ZZF is closer to gen than the ARF. Although, I do not think the v2 was out, neither was the v10 from Noob.

What is the better overall choice if no plans to mod with gen parts in the future? just ootb?

Budget 400-500~

Thank you.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Hello all, new to the rep world. Im interested in a submariner with no date wheel, as i see date wheels are an easy tell in most cases of it not being gen.

I care more about the outer appearance more than the movement.

Ive been doing intensive reading for hours and hours. I see Noob v10 got released recently, but people are still recommending the ARF v2. But then again, I saw a sticky megathread comparison that says the ZZF is closer to gen than the ARF. Although, I do not think the v2 was out, neither was the v10 from Noob.

What is the better overall choice if no plans to mod with gen parts in the future? just ootb?

Budget 400-500~

Thank you.

Noob V8

There is no V10 no date, or ARF no date. I don't agree that the ZZF is better than the ARF

I wouldn't really call the cyclops/date an 'easy tell' - that's a bit of an RWI trope. It's easy if you are a member of this forum and you're a few feet away. No rep has a perfect cyclops, but its nothing a Profs crystal won't solve.

Reactions: DR Russell

headarrow

18/10/19
Noob V8

There is no V10 no date, or ARF no date. I don't agree that the ZZF is better than the ARF

I wouldn't really call the cyclops/date an 'easy tell' - that's a bit of an RWI trope. It's easy if you are a member of this forum and you're a few feet away. No rep has a perfect cyclops, but its nothing a Profs crystal won't solve.

if i were to opt for the date wheel? would your opinion be v10?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
ZZF and Noob are your only choices. I would go with the ZZF. I have the date version and to me it’s more gen-like in person. The ZZF has qualities that are not discernible in pics. But the biggest thing about the ZZF are their beautiful gen like hour markers. . And yes I’ve had them all. Still love my noob v9 Hulk. To me the best ARF is their v3 SD43.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
ZZF and Noob are your only choices. I would go with the ZZF. I have the date version and to me it’s more gen-like in person. The ZZF has qualities that are not discernible in pics. But the biggest thing about the ZZF are their beautiful gen like hour markers. . And yes I’ve had them all. Still love my noob v9 Hulk. To me the best ARF is their v3 SD43.

Sent from the RWI App

headarrow

18/10/19

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

im afraid of the date wheel being screwed up, and i have no knowledge on prof or gen resources to fix it, so i would be stuck with a wanky looking date wheel im sure.

you think going zzf with date wheel would be a better buy than a noob v8 no date wheel? aesthetically, ignoring the date wheel for a second

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
im afraid of the date wheel being screwed up, and i have no knowledge on prof or gen resources to fix it, so i would be stuck with a wanky looking date wheel im sure.

you think going zzf with date wheel would be a better buy than a noob v8 no date wheel? aesthetically, ignoring the date wheel for a second

There is ZZF no date man

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY

DW thing is a lottery almost all reps have bad dw , if you want to have a better rep you will need to buy a gen dw and Franken the watch, but the best watch to Franken is noob + if you really want a classic submariner no date buy the noob v8, between all subs DATE (ZZF, ARF V2, NOOB V10) I will buy the v10 and if you are lucky u will get a nice case after this i will get a arf clasp and change the dw to a gen and get a new crystal
If you want a new watch that you can wear out of the box at the 400/500 budget get the arf
Consider buying M2M here on RWI

Reactions: chrismeisteren

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
if i were to opt for the date wheel? would your opinion be v10?

No one is sure what the V10 looks like yet. In some pictures it looks good, in others, it looks like it hasn't been improved at all. Some date wheels are good, while others are bold and nasty - if you're interested in the V10 you should wait a bit.

I would personally get the ARF. Its pros outweigh its cons IMO.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
you think going zzf with date wheel would be a better buy than a noob v8 no date wheel?

I think the ZZF no-date Sub is better than the Noob v8 no-date for some very significant reasons. The 3130 movement copy in the ZZF is more accurate. The dial is nicer with much better hour markers. The cannon pinion is closed ( nobody else gets this right ) the hands are more gen like with the 3D effect, and the Clean Bezel insert is the best OOTB. And it’s 904L steel.

Sent from the RWI App

WRAPPSWISS

11/7/19
I actually had first ordered the no date zzf but TD was taking way too long to send QC pics and the noob v10 actually released in the meantime so I went with the $528 v10. In the QC pics my DW looks a little to the left.. not sure what I will do about that, ill see how all the rest of the numbers look once I get it. I posted my QC pics on the main v10 group page 36

headarrow

18/10/19
sorry guys i was confused in my response.

so seems like the consensus for modding is getting a noob v10 and modding, and if not modding, zzf?

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
sorry guys i was confused in my response.

so seems like the consensus for modding is getting a noob v10 and modding, and if not modding, zzf?

Yes you are correct in my opinion. If you are not obsessive, get the ZZF and call it a day.

Sent from the RWI App

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
i would definitely be glad to mod the watch but it seems like a steep learning curve, i dont know where to start, who to send it to , where to buy a date wheel, extra $$$. ootb should be good for the zzf? or should i wait until next year for new versions

Why you need date wheel for no date sub??
and dont wait anything, new versions will be releasing until we die. Zzf no date is perfect.

Reactions: OldNavitimer

headarrow

18/10/19
Why you need date wheel for no date sub??
and dont wait anything, new versions will be releasing until we die. Zzf no date is perfect.

if for example i wanted to make it look nicer, get the noob v10, date wheel, "xtal" (is this crystal?) etc.

and ok i think i will get the zzf no date lol. such a hard choice

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
oh and by the way, im not supposed to order from website right? https://puretimewatch.io/submariner...4l-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a3130.html

im supposed to email them about it?

Dont know, never bought rep before lmao
my OCD is too strong but I think ill go with V10 Hulk just im not clear with the movement yet, some say its their old movement, some say now its VR3135 and I just saw the “newest” news, its new Noob custom movement called NB3135 so I dont know can I install gen DW. And crystal is a must.

headarrow

18/10/19
Dont know, never bought rep before lmao
my OCD is too strong but I think ill go with V10 Hulk just im not clear with the movement yet, some say its their old movement, some say now its VR3135 and I just saw the “newest” news, its new Noob custom movement called NB3135 so I dont know can I install gen DW. And crystal is a must.

ya see. everyone pretty much says you gotta get a gen crystal. but the crystal is the date wheel piece? so it doesnt apply if i get the no date one..idk. i think i should just pull the trigger but would suck if the ARF v2 is nicer like alot of people are saying