• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims. Raffle, CLOSED!

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08
Re: Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims. Raffle, 5 watches+more

For those of you that may be holding back because you're worried that your CC may get put on hold, don't worry.

Just call the 1-800 customer service number on the back of your CC and tell them that you will be making a BIG payment to AUS today. They can easily add this to your profile so that the payment doesn't trigger any alarms. It really isn't difficult or time consuming. I did this recently when I was visiting South America and I don't suppose it took more than 3 minutes to complete.

Believe me you will feel really good about yourself afterward.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Madcat: NFI idea why but I recived your second try just now. Tickets sent.

Anyone else not got their tickets? I should be up to date as of now 2PM GMT.

Col.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08

Thanks got it! I hope more members will answer the call and help in any way they can..

spider87

Known Member
9/2/09

I sent you my receipt before 2PM GMT (4:40PM EST) to be as exact as email can be (that's when I sent it). I have not received tickets or anything yet

EDIT: LMAO nevermind... backwards... definitely didn't send it before 9am haha

Haha, just got a call from paypal they just wanted to verify as pissed off as some people are at paypal i've never really had a problem with them and this just eases my mind that much more... I'm still going to order one of those fobs soon but for now I'm happy with them haha

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Hey all. Damn sat link went down again. I have gone for an hours drive to dad's to catch up on sending tickets, on dial up (Arrrrrgh!) ! All should now be up to date.

After some prompting from some of our American members I have extended the deadline by a few hours to give the ConUS most of the weekend to donate. It was brought to my attn that an entirly different lot of members show up on weekends.

The new finish time is 2PM AEST (GMT +10) Monday. That's an extra 12 hours. The draw will be on Tuesday our time (AEST)

A last minute prize donation sees a couple more hand made pens added. These are by Graman"s (RWG1.1) father. One in Jarrah and one in Olive wood.
DSC04037.jpg

Thanks to all who have donated.

Regards, Col.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

hey folks. the sat is still down and i;m traveling to use dialup. I will issue any outstanding tickets after close of raffle and it will be drawn on tues as advertised.

Thanks to those who have donated.

Regards,Col.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

CLOSED!

Thanks folks! The raffle is now closed. I will have a total raised tomorrow. The raffle will be drawn at aprox 14:00hrs AEST tomorrow and results posted imediatly.

I will also be anouncing two auctions! One here and one at RWG2 so stay tuned for them. Thanks to all whpo donated both money and prizes also those who helped out. More tomorrow when I'm on a better connection and a real KB. I hate typeingh on lappys.

Regards, Col.

kenberg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/06
Hey all the results have been posted in this same thread on RWG.

I just popped over because both winners of my shirts are RWI members (can't remember their usernames right now), so can everyone go check out the results and the winners of my prizes please leave me a PM with their postal details.

Thank you all for supporting this raffle, these fires (a number of which are still burning out of control) are in my home state and everyone here seems to know someone directly affected, truly a sad business.

Regards
Ken

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
unfortunately i tried several times to donate and their site wouldn't accept the payment. i emailed them explaining the problem and they did answer me saying they would have the proper department contact me to help. that was a couple of days ago and i am waiting to hear back from them. when they contact me i am still going to send the donation anyway because it is a very worthy cause.

congrats to all the winners, the donations are for a good cause and i am sure the red cross is still willing to take more donations even though the raffle is over.

i would like to give a big thank you for all of the people that donated and to the suppliers that made the items available for the raffle. [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif]

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Re: Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims. RaffleWINNERS!

OKE, somthing went wrong yesterday, The results should have been here. My abject appoligies. At a guess it had somyhing to do with the laakey dialup connection I'm using ATM as my Sat connection is down.

Here's the results folks!

Book Buyers prizes.

!/ Noob sub from Eurotimez: Tehflea from RWI

2/ AR job from Chieftang JohnG RWG1.1

3/ Handmade pen from AHW: Bob_Bean Geeks

4/ Handmade pen from Graman: Gruey Geeks.

5/ @ shirts from Kenburg Jeffmtbr RWI

The main Draw

1/ PVD Sub from Fakemaster NuTymer Geeks

2/ LV Noob from Eurotimez Alphakazi RWG1.1

3/ Rolex Datejust and boxset from WBK. Ducatista RWG2

4/ Movado Museum from annon John Craig RWG2

5/ Neonode cell phone from Jamin72 (and this is a total flue folks) John craig! RWG2

6/ Logitech Key board from whoosh70 bwhitesox RWG2

7/ AR job from Chieftang JoeyB looks like RWG1,1 scooped the AR jobs!

8/ Handmade pen from AHW Gruey. Geeks. Wierd, pens seem attracted to him. Sory mate, you
deserved a bit more IMO!

9/ Mont Blanc pen from WBK NuTymer Geeks.

10/ Hand made pen from Graman Madcatlancealot RWI

11/ Opperation freedom patches from SA347 Bwhitesox RWG2

12/ Watchmakers Tools from Annon R2D4 from RWI

13/ 2 Shirts from Kenburg. Tehflea.

Thats all folks. A wierd draw I know but the video will be available if anyone wants to see it. Tickets were mixed before and after being scrunched up. With only one execption the multi winners bought A LOT of tickets. Up to $250 worth in fact.

Can the winners Email me at [email protected] ASAP with their adress for mailing prizes. If anyone has a prize they don't want feel free to put it up for sale/ auction at the forum of your choice and donate some/all of the proceeds. Maybe split them between the appeal and the forum fund?

It ain't over yet!

Yep, I have a couple of watches still in the kitty for auction! There's a gen with a retail of over 800 bucks from a most generous Jamin72 (again!) and a Brietling from WBK. Told you he is whacko!
The Briet will be going up at RWI and the Gen at RWG2. I'll get them up tomorrow. I'm stuffed today. I just wanna go home! The sooner you get me your addys, the sooner you get your prizes. Don't forget I'm still having to travel for the best part of an hour to dad's to go on line so I'l only be chking the mail once a day. First time will be in aprox 20hrs.

Thanks to all those who helped make this possible. We have raised $3285 so far including those who opted out of the raffle but not including those who donated but did not pass an amount on to me. I suspect the total is well in advance of 4000 bucks with more to came from the auctions. Well done everybody. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Oh, Onzenuub, I need your address too mate. There's a special little thankyou headed your way for the work you put in. For those who don't know Onze has been takeing care of posting at Geeks for me since I am not a member there as well as bumping the thread everywhere. Onze even offered the use of his PP acount for those without CCs to donate.Considering you live on the other side of the world and have no connection with this disaster appart from living on the same planet I think you deserve it. You are NOT to auction/sell it tho. It's for you buddy.

I'll catch up with everybody tomorrow. You are all stars in my book!

Many thanks and regards from my self and the people of Victoria, Col.

tehflea

Known Member
10/11/08
Re: Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims. RaffleWINNERS!

trailboss99 said:
Yep, I have a couple of watches still in the kitty for auction! There's a gen with a retail of over 800 bucks from a most generous Jamin72 (again!) and a Brietling from WBK. Told you he is whacko!
The Briet will be going up at RWI and the Gen at RWG2. I'll get them up tomorrow.

make sure to post links to the auctions :)

cheers to you for pulling this together across all these message boards

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
congrats to all the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=alien.gif]

jeffmtbr

Known Member
26/1/09
I won!!
[smilie=alien.gif]

I didn't think I'd win, but it was for a good cause so I donated.
It's great that these forums have such a great group of members to organize and support such an effort.
Thanks guys.

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08
Thanks Col for all the effort you put into this. I know how difficult and time consuming this can be and so all I can say is 'Trailboss99 is the man'