• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Just received my watch back from the resident dragon legend and holy smokes, I can't be anymore happier. He has helped me re-brushed, polished the sharp noob bracelet, replaced the bezel with clean's and serviced the movement from +12 s/d to +1s/d...amazing. The man is so knowledgeable about horology. It has been a pleasure and an honor to work with him.

You have to change dial ;-)

Reactions: FourthLetter

topreplika

6/2/17
Just received my watch back from the resident dragon legend and holy smokes, I can't be anymore happier. He has helped me re-brushed, polished the sharp noob bracelet, replaced the bezel with clean's and serviced the movement from +12 s/d to +1s/d...amazing. The man is so knowledgeable about horology. It has been a pleasure and an honor to work with him.

Amazing pic and such a nice build !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Clean

f51bed4ecd6950d5fc72852ef1f33c26.jpg

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
^ Clean AF

maybe I missed it, but wasn’t someone going to do a diy tutorial on removing and replacing the bezel?

Last edited:
Reactions: ExOmegaFan

ssouthall6

10/10/13
I used to be a huge fan of the ARF. Having now seen both, and many versions of the gen, the clean is miles better. The depth is deceptive, the photos Li put up don't really do it justice.

ARF font is of course much better than noob and was worth getting at the time but the numbers are too dull. Going to use my arf one and get it rose gold paint modded and stick it on my 116515

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I used to be a huge fan of the ARF. Having now seen both, and many versions of the gen, the clean is miles better. The depth is deceptive, the photos Li put up don't really do it justice.

ARF font is of course much better than noob and was worth getting at the time but the numbers are too dull. Going to use my arf one and get it rose gold paint modded and stick it on my 116515

I’m getting my ARF bezel re platinum plated and edges beveled. I’ll post pics in this thread once done. Should be basically the same as clean then.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I’m getting my ARF bezel re platinum plated and edges beveled. I’ll post pics in this thread once done. Should be basically the same as clean then.

How much does that cost and who’s doing it?

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
It’s like 125€ from ussdassein

Would it not make more sense to just buy an Clean bezel?

I’ve not been impressed by USD plating, I think spongebob is better. But it’s not cost effective when clean is good enough

Last edited:
Reactions: ginopino

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

I’ve not been impressed by USD plating, I think spongebob is better. But it’s not cost effective when clean is good enough

When I had the idea to go replated ARF over CF we only had Li’s photos as comparison where the CF looked worse than the ARF, so that was the thought process at that point of time. Shame on me when the CF is better than the ARF now

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

Got to agree unfortunately. He plated my sd43 insert a few months ago and although better it was not as good as clean or spongebob. It needed a heavier application of the coating to be any real improvement. The edge mod was ok though. I’ll try to find pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
to my defense when i say i will work in Version 1-x like the td's too

I make little upgrades in plating too a few month ago it was v3 and now i would think maybe v5 - v6:)

and edges mod i do now too few month back never thinking about this will be possible :)

Reactions: botsyboy

Ben Dmello

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/19
INDIA
Thank you very much for this post. Looks really good, Great product. I‘m a dumbo linking shitty pages

Last edited by a moderator: