• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

zach_1622

Known Member
5/2/19

V2.2 is just an internal expression on these forums. No official version.

From the Gen daytona vs noob/arf thread:

New Noob V2.2 White 116500 -

- The 904L V2 case was released in August 2018 and this Updated "V2.2" dial was released in February of 2019.
- Noob is still the only Daytona Rep with a complete Chinese clone of the Rolex 4130 chronograph movement.

- The Thickness of the Sub-dials now appears to be almost the same as Gen, as shown in the picture below.
- Quality of the Dial and Bezel is said to be improved, But the Font and Scale of the Bezel "Units Per Hour" is still wrong.

Last edited:

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
On TD website it only says V2. How do you buy V2.2?

What Zach says above. During the V2 they made some changes to the dial so people here on the forum labelled it V2.2 for a V2 after the dial change, and V2 before the dial change.

Reactions: Cadows

Kmmas

7/4/15
So the Noob V1 & V2 white dial were way off from the gen. But the the V2.2 (feb 2019 onwards) they seem to have rectified the thickness of the sub dials and seems pretty close to the gen from what I have read and seen on the forum. So my question is, if you own a noob V2.2, is there really a need to swap the dial with a ARF? Is the difference so much between the noob V2.2 white dial and ARF that one should swap?

Last edited:

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
So my question is, if you own a noob V2.2, is there really a need to swap the dial with a ARF? Is the difference so much between the noob V2.2 white dial and ARF that one should swap?

It’s a personal choice. In my opinion no, but in others opinions yes. It’s a beautiful rep and on a moving wrist in real life, no one is going to spot the flaws. Yet some people are bugged by knowing the flaws themselves and need to fix them.

There’s a thread about Noob Daytona V3 which is being advertised now. This may make the ARF less visual competition. And the Noob movement has always sealed the deal for me.

Reactions: Cadows and Kmmas

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
It’s a personal choice. In my opinion no, but in others opinions yes. It’s a beautiful rep and on a moving wrist in real life, no one is going to spot the flaws. Yet some people are bugged by knowing the flaws themselves and need to fix them.

There’s a thread about Noob Daytona V3 which is being advertised now. This may make the ARF less visual competition. And the Noob movement has always sealed the deal for me.

Where is V3 thread mate?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
b
I wish there was a comparison between the ARF and CF ceramic insert. I’ve got the noob V2.2 and would ideally want a CF ceramic insert and the ARF dial. Unfortunately you can’t get the ARF dial as a spare part and have to buy the whole watch. Buying the whole watch just for the dial doesn’t make sense. If I’m buying the entire ARF watch than might aswell skip the CF bezel and just go for the ARF bezel, since I would already spent $500 on the ARF watch. But exactly how much difference is there between the ARF and CF? Anyone?
IMO, get the CF bezel, and just buy a ARF bracelet, if the SEL´s are better, good, if not, just use the clasp.

I will have a CF bezel and a new ARF bracelet for my V2.2 next week. I'll put up some photos when everything is installed :)

Last edited:

Kmmas

7/4/15
You are not going for ARF dial? Did you manage to secure the ARF bracelet by itself or did you have to buy the whole watch?

b IMO, get the CF bezel, and just buy a ARF bracelet, if the SEL´s are better, good, if not, just use the clasp.

I will have a CF bezel and a new ARF bracelet for my V2.2 next week. I'll put up some photos when everything is installed :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
You are not going for ARF dial? Did you manage to secure the ARF bracelet by itself or did you have to buy the whole watch?

IMO there is no point in swapping the dial. Both dials have tiny errors but nothing you are gonna see on the wrist. Yes, I got the bracelet alone from PureTime. 168usd

Kmmas

7/4/15
Is there a DIY video or tutorial or instructions on how to change the bezel?

Reactions: Nivka

Renowned Member
9/12/18
965aefac0530064a1dc33c61d376c24b.jpg

Noob with clean bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ishmael and KJ2020