• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Just got QC pictures from puretime. I can't see any obvious issues but thought I would come to the masters to get a second opinion. Can you guys give it a quick look over?

IMG-4437.jpg

nKjEWvP.jpg
IMG-4436.jpg

IMG-4443.jpg

T5BHAsj.jpg

dude this is not really allowed. only if you have a specific concern can you ask. what I can say however, and not sure if it is the resolution of my office screen, is that your 6 hour marker (with the lume inside) seems crooked

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
what I can say however, and not sure if it is the resolution of my office screen, is that your 6 hour marker (with the lume inside) seems crooked

Who says rep owners are overly picky!

GingerBubba

24/10/17
lol, that does look little bit excessive though

Am I looking at the right thing then? I literally can't see a fault on that watch. Are you on about the tiny little rectangular lume plot directly under the date window? If so, it looks basically perfect to me.

Reactions: nicmend

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Am I looking at the right thing then? I literally can't see a fault on that watch. Are you on about the tiny little rectangular lume plot directly under the date window? If so, it looks basically perfect to me.

yes, the one right under the date window in the first picture. on my screen its tilted heavily. will check on my phone as well.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town

jeez my bad! it's perfect on my phone. my sincere apologies to all.

fettapa

Known Member
27/8/16
The watched got delivered today and I'm super happy with how it looks and feels.

However, there is something annoying the shit out of me and that's the diver extension. It opens every time you take the watch on or off...It doesn't latch on to the springbar like other omegas I have had in the past. And there is no friction to keep it locked into place. It rattles around too.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I'm seriously contemplating gluing it down.

Last edited:

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
I haven’t had a problem with the diver extension. It locks in under a button with ‘PUSH’ engraved on it. It won’t undo without pushing the button (under normal forces anyway).
Does yours have the button? Is it installed in the clasp properly?
I’m still waiting for a day with sun to take wristshots. This thing is amazing. My other watches are getting lonely and jealous.

fettapa

Known Member
27/8/16
I haven’t had a problem with the diver extension. It locks in under a button with ‘PUSH’ engraved on it. It won’t undo without pushing the button (under normal forces anyway).
Does yours have the button? Is it installed in the clasp properly?
I’m still waiting for a day with sun to take wristshots. This thing is amazing. My other watches are getting lonely and jealous.

Yeah, it locks under the push button, but not over the springbar on the other side. The u-shape doesn't lock over the bar. Can take some pictures of the culprit tomorrow.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
is that V1 Bracelet ?

I’m no expert on picking it. I read everyone’s concerns re v1 and v2 and decided I’m picking my qc on the watch and if it’s near perfect will take the bracelet it’s on. I also have a rubber strap for when summer comes back downunder.
I only have a tape measure. Outside links are just under 3mm each on tape and middle is just over 5mm.
C5359527-52-EA-4070-8014-46-A3-FADF08-B6.jpg

6-A0-EA97-F-2-D88-4403-87-B3-0102-D74-D8-A3-D.jpg

GingerBubba

24/10/17
I’m no expert on picking it. I read everyone’s concerns re v1 and v2 and decided I’m picking my qc on the watch and if it’s near perfect will take the bracelet it’s on. I also have a rubber strap for when summer comes back downunder.

Although a teensy bit less Gen like, I actually prefer the proportions of the v1 Rep strap to the Gen! Good for you for not obsessing about the minutiae; a nice watch/strap is a nice watch/strap - no matter what version - and that buddy, is a nice watch!

Last edited:

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Although a teensy bit less Gen like, I actually prefer the proportions of the v1 Rep strap to the Gen! Good for you for not obsessing about the minutiae; a nice watch/strap is a nice watch/strap - no matter what version - and that buddy, is a nice watch!

Yes, I just like nice watches. I tell anyone who asks anything about them that they’re a replica. So how close to gen isn’t a big factor for me. How beautiful the watch is, is everything. Part of my decision (before receiving qc pics) to choose the watch regardless of bracelet was thinking how disappointed I would be if I red lighted a great specimen because of the bracelet and ended up having to accept a watch not quite as good just because of the bracelet.

The first qc pics were great on every aspect except if I zoomed in massively on the pearl there seemed to be a tiny hairline fracture in the ceramic where it was drilled to fit the pearl. It was so small that it couldn’t be seen on the picture taking up my screen, but could on zooming right in.

I asked the dealer if another angle on the pearl could be supplied, but please don’t send it back as I suspect it cannot be seen in real life. He replied okay, give him some time to do this. Next day my 2nd watch in the order arrived and qc pics sent, along with another 300m asking if I preferred this one. It looked near perfect to me. I had the thought that if he hasn’t returned my first 300m yet and was asking if I prefer this one then it may be one someone else has red lighted, and the watch is so damn nice then they surely rejected on the bracelet.

I considered going back to this thread and getting my eye in on picking bracelets and then slapped myself and said take the damn watch, it’s beautiful. I like both bracelets and can’t tell the difference until I see them side by side anyway. And I love it. My favourite watch.

The dealer is ‘the cartel’ because I only recently came upon the rep scene and began at reptime. He was the first I read enough reviews of to trust it wasn’t a bogus site. I was later led here. And I confess I still sometimes shop in supermarkets, sometimes buy packaged food from multinationals, and often put fuel in my car so boycotting price fixers is hypocritical of me. I’m looking at TDs now though to ensure I support this site.

Reactions: leo6929