• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAUTILUS 5711 PPF Blue Dial OUTTTTTT!!!

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
7be6cb2e6ea1c4db99c238d13dcedbbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Thanks for sharing your gen. I had to take out my MK because you had me curious :). Obviously this is still not a side by side comparison and perhaps I’m just stroking my own ego, but the blue hue on the MK looks pretty dang close even with different lighting conditions between my pic and Lovelyrose’s.

e2ba21e6affc79a530212dbb9f788f87.jpg

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks for sharing your gen. I had to take out my MK because you had me curious :). Obviously this is still not a side by side comparison and perhaps I’m just stroking my own ego, but the blue hue on the MK looks pretty dang close even with different lighting conditions between my pic and Lovelyrose’s.

I too own a MFK blue (v.6) and totally agree with your analysis that the color closeness of the MFK and the gen as being the best. However, I'm more puzzled than dismayed on how more experienced makers like MFK and ZF/PPF got the date window position wrong and an inexperienced maker like PF got it right the first time.

Reactions: vcappp

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/9/12

e2ba21e6affc79a530212dbb9f788f87.jpg

Nice pic. Yeah, I've looked at tons of Instagram photos and a bunch of youtube vids. The MKF is by far the closest to gen dial color. It has greys and even some greens at times in sunlight.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
I too own a MFK blue (v.6) and totally agree with your analysis that the color closeness of the MFK and the gen as being the best. However, I'm more puzzled than dismayed on how more experienced makers like MFK and ZF/PPF got the date window position wrong and an inexperienced maker like PF got it right the first time.

I’ve wondered the same thing after seeing Slaughterer’s post when he attempted to put in Keylog’s DW in the MKF. I’m not too knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanics but I’ve always thought since they all have the same movement the measurement/DW position would be very much identical between the diff. factories.

Maybe someone more experience can chime in.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Nice pic. Yeah, I've looked at tons of Instagram photos and a bunch of youtube vids. The MKF is by far the closest to gen dial color. It has greys and even some greens at times in sunlight.

If the DW project is successful, the MK is definitely a winner for me even with all the other flaws still present. The dial color is what attracted me since the beginning.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/9/12
If the DW project is successful, the MK is definitely a winner for me even with all the other flaws still present. The dial color is what attracted me since the beginning.

Im currently having one modded: Datewheel, lighter lume, and trying to find a different bezel so crown guards are not V shaped. Finally, a little thinning of the case and polishing the bevels on the case and bracelet edges.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I’ve wondered the same thing after seeing Slaughterer’s post when he attempted to put in Keylog’s DW in the MKF. I’m not too knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanics but I’ve always thought since they all have the same movement the measurement/DW position would be very much identical between the diff. factories.

Maybe someone more experience can chime in.

as they use a DWO on top of the base 9015 DW the measurements can not be generalized for different factories. Additionally factories get different parts from different suppliers - that's a reason for the misaligned ZF 5167 DW in the first batches - one supplier messes up 0.3mm during the digital creation of the DW and there goes the dilemma...

MKF didn't use a gen sample obviously - getting the DW position right (when having the gen) is one of the easiest tasks... I would say even if you don't got the gen and only the digital rendering of a 5711 it is possible to get the proportions and position of the DW cut out better than MKF did...

The alignment of the PF DWO shows differences to the JJF dial and so it did for the MKF dial (which i am currently working on to get the DWO right).

During the process you mention that PF got the closest to gen spec dial/DW dimensions. MKF messed up the whole proportion of the DW cut out (you can easily see that by looking at PPF/PF/MKF simultaneously.

It is kinda hard task to make the MKF DWO look decent as the proportions are different than on the gen - so i have to create an appearance that is balanced while using the gen font under 50 times magnification... The devil is in the details when it comes to 0.25p difference in thickness of the font etc. etc.

Maybe that enlightens your question a bit.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Sorry to everyone else for hijacking this thread into a MKF topic...

as they use a DWO on top of the base 9015 DW the measurements can not be generalized for different factories. Additionally factories get different parts from different suppliers - that's a reason for the misaligned ZF 5167 DW in the first batches - one supplier messes up 0.3mm during the digital creation of the DW and there goes the dilemma...

Understood. Thanks for all your work into this project (and anyone else involved), I'm very much looking forward to this :drinks_cheers:.

Im currently having one modded: Datewheel, lighter lume, and trying to find a different bezel so crown guards are not V shaped. Finally, a little thinning of the case and polishing the bevels on the case and bracelet edges.

Are you working with Bio or do you have your own separate project for the DW?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/9/12
Im waiting on datewheel. Not sure how many projects are going on but expect one to be available soon.

Reactions: maison888

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Am I the only one confused with the PPF latest grey dial release? If they made a second dial why not make another blue dial with a bit more green and grey in it. That way there would be a blue dial for every taste and everyone would be happy.

The grey dial is a nice touch but it’s fantasy as long as they don’t put hallmarks on the case and put it on a strap.

Reactions: vcappp and Glaude

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Am I the only one confused with the PPF latest grey dial release? If they made a second dial why not make another blue dial with a bit more green and grey in it. That way there would be a blue dial for every taste and everyone would be happy.

The grey dial is a nice touch but it’s fantasy as long as they don’t put hallmarks on the case and put it on a strap.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, such a weird decision!!

DC

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Argh.... This is driving me crazy.... Here it looks good again. Please take a few more pictures

Reactions: Bullflo3

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Received mine today, dial not too purple.
66607681d9c1f6a68d8632af439069be.jpg

This is definitely acceptable!! When you say “not too purple”..do u mean in person u can sometimes see a purple hue from various angles/lighting? Or does it generally look like your photo, in person..?