• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAUTILUS 5711 PPF Blue Dial OUTTTTTT!!!

mottykytu

4/6/13
That's the Chinese way of doing business. They will never make a perfect one. Once they get the dial correct, they will take a step back and mess something up on purpose. They don't realize if they can make even more money if perfect one model of a watch and keep selling them.

No, the main reasons (beside finishing level technique) is that if they make the PERFECT ONE, Patek's lawyers and cops will come to their door right a way !

Also, the market for REP is Niche , so it is better to keep and make the already owners of rep re-purchase the new version! Rather than make the perfect one and have to promote/ads/marketing for it (Which also call Patek's family to their doors )

P/S: Patek will 100% do that no to protect themself only, but also protect their luxury customers, Put ourself in their customers shoes, What do you think if your 50k$ can bee worn by anyone, can be seen anywear and no one will know if your is Fake or Real ?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
No, the main reasons (beside finishing level technique) is that if they make the PERFECT ONE, Patek's lawyers and cops will come to their door right a way !

Also, the market for REP is Niche , so it is better to keep and make the already owners of rep re-purchase the new version! Rather than make the perfect one and have to promote/ads/marketing for it (Which also call Patek's family to their doors )

P/S: Patek will 100% do that no to protect themself only, but also protect their luxury customers, Put ourself in their customers shoes, What do you think if your 50k$ can bee worn by anyone, can be seen anywear and no one will know if your is Fake or Real ?

Bollox.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

:bsmeter:

That's not how copyright infringement work, they are already well into the illegal zone, copyright isn't about how perfect the product is.

If the big brands really wanted this industry down, it would have been done for quite some time, just realise the lobbying those brand & group are capable of, the money power they have.

They just don't care enough and it doesn't dent their market enough to engage any active hunt on the rep market, just look at the waiting lists and other things they do, luxury watchmarket isn't at a low point at all.
They just enforce by easy ways their copyright rights but nothing else, plus it's kind of a thing in the watchmarket, homage are nothing else but rip off with another logo and that doesn't bother them that much either.

Try to pull the same trick as homage, in any other branch, than the watchmarket and you'll see the face of the lawyers quicker than you could imagine

_DuquesaRosalita

Horology Curious
11/3/19
Texas
Hello, as a n00b I want to ask before posting anything—I just bought a blue PPF from a non-TD (TS, who I’ve purchased from many times before so not worried) but I just my QC photos and wanted to the share with the group since there’s so much interest in the PPF at the moment. Will I be executed if I do so? :)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hello, as a n00b I want to ask before posting anything—I just bought a blue PPF from a non-TD (TS, who I’ve purchased from many times before so not worried) but I just my QC photos and wanted to the share with the group since there’s so much interest in the PPF at the moment. Will I be executed if I do so? :)

Have you already accepted them ?

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia

Not executed, but your hands will be chopped off so the watch ironically keeps falling of your wrist.

Jokes aside you you can post them as long as you don’t ask “so what do you think...any flaws or should I accept?”

_DuquesaRosalita

Horology Curious
11/3/19
Texas
Natural light seems to let the grays shine through a little better. When I saw the the flourescent-lit pics on TD websites i thought the dial was a joke, but after seeing the youku videos folks posted and the QC pics on mine I’m a little more comfortable with the color. May still pull the trigger on the white at some point, in which case I would look to sell this one but gotta get my post count up first! ????

jnsanee

Looking Around
10/5/18
Real caseback:
Nautilus-5711-1A-back.jpg

8418752492_5fdfec5ff5_b.jpg

I think its pretty obvious those rubys are much too red in almost every shot.
PPF:
ap2019040801-10.jpg

nautilus-jumbo-5711-super-replication-ppf-1-1-best-edition-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.jpg

Everybody else seems to get it right:

MKF:
ppe2019012401-10.jpg

even JJF:
ppe2018090601-12.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

_DuquesaRosalita

Horology Curious
11/3/19
Texas
https://picr.me/image/VC5cVKInteresting point. There seem to be so many different pics of the blue PPF in different lighting from TDs. I’ll be sure to post a few pics in different lighting of the caseback after it arrives. If you watch the Youku video of the PPF someone posted, the gems on the PPF look pretty purple.​

Reactions: vcappp

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12

If we're looking for accuracy on reps, the bezel and crown are too big. The dial color has too much purple vs. grey of the 2018 gen version.

The positives seem to be the bracelet and the case thickness. But, PF and MKF have decent bracelets and .5mm or so is not a huge difference in thickness.

So, dial color and case/crown proportions should be the place where any rep starts. Regarding the bright red rubys, I agree that they look too red.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Why are the rubys red instead of purple and how has nobody noticed this?

Wonderful first post.

If anybody ever comments about the incorrect colours of the miniscule gemstones (?) on the reverse side of my watch I will gladly drop my trousers and display my arse in any Woolworths window of their choosing whilst whistling Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep at full volume. Get a life.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
If we're looking for accuracy on reps, the bezel and crown are too big. The dial color has too much purple vs. grey of the 2018 gen version.

The positives seem to be the bracelet and the case thickness. But, PF and MKF have decent bracelets and .5mm or so is not a huge difference in thickness.

So, dial color and case/crown proportions should be the place where any rep starts. Regarding the bright red rubys, I agree that they look too red.

We need to see pph blue dial taken by RWI members instead of looking at TD pics / QC pics.

Ive seen some pics of PF that looked more purple than ppf pics posted by TDs. It all depends on light.

Reactions: Glaude

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
We need to see pph blue dial taken by RWI members instead of looking at TD pics / QC pics.

Ive seen some pics of PF that looked more purple than ppf pics posted by TDs. It all depends on light.

I agree. But Ive looked at the gen on Instagram and youtube vids and cannot find ANY pics where its even close to that purple. Some sunlight pics will help.