• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
I know I will get heat from some of the community but I am sad because the thickness is just not QUITE there yet. I can tell just by looking at it at a side profile. Thats the first thing I look at when I see gens in my city and traveling for work is how thick it is. If its not ultra ultra thin - giveaway. same with the AP royal oak. Beautiful watch though - looking at the dial I would never be able to tell

I think this is your choice to choose either you are going to buy or accept this 5711 PPF or not.
If you don't like this 5711 PPF.. pass , if you like it and try to find the good one just take you time with the dealer.

This PPF white has some flaw , some crooked , 0.x mm thicker, however this PPF is better or may be best 5711 sofar.

I don't think you're wrong to get the proper watch or nitpick. This is fun of the game.

But I think you should wait for other 5711 REP in the "NOT NEAR" future to satisfy your need.

Said that "this is unacceptable, Not quite there yet or you can tell easily"..

You might want to work more to get the money to buy GEN

PS. If you have a chance to buy GEN , you will never try to find flaw because you are accepted even there are flaws over the watch
When it comes to the REP and you know it is a REP , you will never satisfy even it is good enough

Last edited:

danantcom

Looking Around
28/2/19
I know I will get heat from some of the community but I am sad because the thickness is just not QUITE there yet. I can tell just by looking at it at a side profile. Thats the first thing I look at when I see gens in my city and traveling for work is how thick it is. If its not ultra ultra thin - giveaway. same with the AP royal oak. Beautiful watch though - looking at the dial I would never be able to tell

That is a ridiculous thing to claim - everyone has different size and shaped wrists and every watch is going to sit differently. LOL

Reactions: Glaude

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
You must have some really good eyes...sorry but lol...I have yet to see someone who can spot a 0.5mm difference by seeing it on the wrist...even examining it closely is not easy (see the initial comparisons of the casings from intime)...I think you need to to go gen...bet you will never know the difference on the wrist though.

Last edited:
Reactions: danantcom

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Here is the thickness of PPF 5711 case.
Yes it is PPF. I saw the case back and the movement. It is PPF. This one is measured by a physical caliper, showing physical indicator: 9mm., not electronics number.
4d1344ea4216c97e64bf5100f11bec40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
The propaganda is strong with this watch. 65 pages and barely anyone has it in hand. Many posts about how this watch is so near perfect that Patek will go out of business. And those that disagree based on the usual tells (crooked markers, thickness, long crown, date font, etc.) get blasted by everyone including the mods. Hmmm.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Glaude I agree with you on the markers slightly misaligned at 12 not being visible with the naked eye.

In fact my comment "finally a dial with markers aligned" referred to the markers being aligned to the dot rail UNLIKE PF watches where the (horridly green) markers where placed with an awful sloppiness here and there not in line with the minute dots. THAT is visible with the naked eye.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
The propaganda is strong with this watch. 65 pages and barely anyone has it in hand. Many posts about how this watch is so near perfect that Patek will go out of business. And those that disagree based on the usual tells (crooked markers, thickness, long crown, date font, etc.) get blasted by everyone including the mods. Hmmm.

I dont think anyone said patek will go out of business here. Did i miss some thing?

The watch is getting better, we are here to appreciate it

Reactions: Glaude

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
REP is a REP no matter how close or how expensive they are..
I admit that I can't afford the GEN 5711 even I have enough money to buy but in the end wearing $60,000 watch around is too much worry.

Even in the future there are super REP that no one can't tell the different from GEN. It is still REP and the owner know that.

If say GEN is 100% , Nowaday REP is getting closer , Let just say PF is 50% close and PPF is 51% closer.

IMO,The fun things in REP game is find the flaw , point it out and see how close the REP to GEN.

Some just say "I know it is REP watch by whatsoever thickness, datewheel marker quality and almost everybody in RWI know that as well.

I just want to say have fun and let's happy that we are all have the watch we love in fraction of the real price.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I dont understand why you think 0.5MM is a little amount to the eye. Its the lines of the design and how it flows. For any sharp trained eye, it is super easy. If it was 0.1MM maybe not...

While I agree 0.5mm can affect the way a watch wears, especially on those extra thin ones, there is no way on earth someone can tell on the wrist without handling the watch and even then he would have to be a member of this forum to notice the extra 0.5mm.

Reactions: Uhrenliebhaber

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

I know, right! Glaude will do anything for his TD freebies. It's embarrassing.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
REP is a REP no matter how close or how expensive they are..
I admit that I can't afford the GEN 5711 even I have enough money to buy but in the end wearing $60,000 watch around is too much worry.

Even in the future there are super REP that no one can't tell the different from GEN. It is still REP and the owner know that.

If say GEN is 100% , Nowaday REP is getting closer , Let just say PF is 50% close and PPF is 51% closer.

IMO,The fun things in REP game is find the flaw , point it out and see how close the REP to GEN.

Some just say "I know it is REP watch by whatsoever thickness, datewheel marker quality and almost everybody in RWI know that as well.

I just want to say have fun and let's happy that we are all have the watch we love in fraction of the real price.

For me, I have no problem buying multiple gen 5711, but I decided not to, because I would rather spend the money on other things. People buying a luxury watch is mostly buying themselves status and fame as well as self satisfaction, please don’t tell me people buy luxury watches just to tell time lol. Even a 5dollar quartz has better precision and accuracy than a luxury timepiece. There’s why I don’t think I would spend that kind of money on a luxury watch and I prefer wearing rep.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
GingerBubba
You already have PPF 5711. Could you please do double check with your PPF 5711 about its thickness? Someone says 8.6mm and this picture below shows 9mm.

Your contribution by providing the thickness of your actual PPF watch would be really helpful for multiple forum members here.
Could you please? Thank you.

Yes it is PPF. I saw the case back and the movement. It is PPF. This one is measured by a physical caliper, showing physical indicator: 9mm., not electronics number.

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19

So that's you i saw on my commute to work ! Make sense now.

VI054T.jpg

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
GingerBubba
You already have PPF 5711. Could you please do double check with your PPF 5711 about its thickness? Someone says 8.6mm and this picture below shows 9mm.

Your contribution by providing the thickness of your actual PPF watch would be really helpful for multiple forum members here.
Could you please? Thank you.

See post #605

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Miyota + decoration + case back = 8.6
That’s impossible.

Reactions: vcappp

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
A simple walk through Watchuseek or The Rolex Forums will confirm your very accurate theory. The lack of knowledge about serial batches, hands, case shapes, crown guards, date fonts, etc, is utterly astonishing.

But, if you think about it, it kind of makes sense. For the vast majority of people a luxury watch is more a symbol of status rather than a marvel in design and ingenuity. Most of them simply have tons of cash and buy it because of peer pressure, and just a few buy them because the heritage, the complications or the mechanical prowess exhibited in them. These latter ones are the ones that, only very seldom, post a comment about a watch being a bit fishy because "the hour hand is slightly longer than it should", "the cyclops' edges aren't quite bevelled" or "the date font doesn't completely fill the date window". And still, they would require to be able to look carefully at your watch from close distance and without you moving it (try to spot any detail on a watch, and you will find it more difficult than it seems).

So, let's honour our PFs as they served us well, and let's enjoy our new PPFs, fellas. The king is dead, long live the king!

Agree with what you’re saying, majority of people go to AD purchase a watch, wear it and hardly look at its details, no need to, know what it is and where you bought it.

There are people as into gens as we are reps they know tiny differences in iterations, if you’re properly into Gen watches as a hobby or own a few that you know something about, You could look at a good fake and know something is off. Weather you could pin point what that is I dunno. And like you say you’d have to handle it or see from close proximity.

There are some VERY knowledgable guys on TRF and VRF though.