• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
yeah ARF ...but bad chronos....
So best is Noob v2 and put ARF dial + bezel but this may be too much mod

The next best is Noob v2 and just add ARF bezel

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
Just received my Noob v2, and the bracelet is horrid. I couldn't even size it properly.
So what are the alternatives bracelets? ARF Datejust 36? Anyone have luck with bracelet from ARF V2 116500?

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Just received my Noob v2, and the bracelet is horrid. I couldn't even size it properly.
So what are the alternatives bracelets? ARF Datejust 36? Anyone have luck with bracelet from ARF V2 116500?

Pics? Why is it "horrid"? Is it because you can't remove the screws to take off the extra links for sizing?

Reactions: vcappp

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Update of the 4130 daytona

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5412-...et-sa4130.html

well the subdials are still fat...

Edit :
White one no immediate changes
Black one significantly improved subdials

This post was started about 3 weeks ago and the Original Poster stated that there were "no immediate changes" to the White dial and "the subdials are still fat".
A number of Members, including myself, agreed with this and I started posting pictures side by side to try and see a difference in this "New Updated Dial".

Good News now, and a little bad news...

In studying the Noob Daytonas threads over the last 8 months I would say that the number one complaint has been the size and appearance of the Sub-dials.
As I studied and compared more of the recent QC pictures, I found a way to clearly see a difference in the Sub-dials of this "New Updated Dial".

There has been some confusion about what to call this "New Updated V2" dial. The V1 version of this watch had a 316L Steel case.
About September of 2018 the case changed to 904L Steel, and the price increased by $100. The factory and dealers called this version a V2.
Some others have labeled this "New Updated V2" watch and dial a "V2.2". Not official, but I think it works well to avoid confusion in the rest of this post and maybe beyond.

In comparing dials side by side in Photoshop, first I level the dials, and then I overlay and carefully size them to get them to match as closely as possible.
Sometimes I also change balance and levels of color to get an even closer match.
I started adding the fine red lines to compare Sub-dial sizes. As I looked at more new QC pictures, I started to find the difference in some pictures.

The differences that I found apply only to the size of the Sub-dials...

The Fonts on the Ceramic Bezel are still a little wrong and the Rolex Logo may still look a little off to some Members.
The pictures in this post will be presented to mainly show the difference in the Sub-dials.

The slight change to the White Dial may look too tiny to make a difference, but I will show you that it now appears that the size of the Noob V2.2 White Dial Sub-dials are the same as a Gen.

Now the bad news...

Some of the resent QC are not the the New Updated V2.2 dial. This comparison method does show the difference quite clearly now, even on smaller QC pictures.
I am planning to go back though this thread to try and show Members who posted QC pictures if they will be getting the old V1-V2 dial or the new V2.2 dial.

Some good news for those who have the original White V1-V2 dial... I will show that the Sub-dials are really only slightly larger than a Gen.
The White ARF V2 116500 has Sub-dials that appear to be slightly smaller than a Gen. So if you compare a V1-V2 Noob directly to an ARF V2, the Noob Sub-dials would appear much larger.

And now some pictures...

Original Noob V1-V2 on the Left, New Updated V2.2 dial on the Right.

Right click and open image in a new tab to see it larger...

Gen compared to Updated Noob V2.2 and to an ARF V2...

Gen compared to a Noob V1-V2

Noob V1-V2 compared to ARF V2

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hi guys, ordered a noob daytona v2 from sead, im notnquite sure if it is the v2... Can anyone confirm? Also what do you think of the marker at 9 oclock? It looks misaligned... Any other flaws you guys see?
4b0285490012b1a5e46d1ce53dac91e0.jpg
592028c039810a3e75e0d57ae437de62.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Crooked Marker at 9 o'clock but it is an Updated V2.2 dial...

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Just got the QC, and can someone sanity check if this is the v2? I'm not very confident of the R and O in the dial, though the sub-dials look pretty slim.

Also, seems like the 3 and/or 6 marker is crooked. Therion666 could this be one of your rejects? ):

V6O0Fq.jpg

This is an Updated V2.2 dial...

kopite81

2/12/18
This post was started about 3 weeks ago and the Original Poster stated that there were "no immediate changes" to the White dial and "the subdials are still fat".
A number of Members, including myself, agreed with this and I started posting pictures side by side to try and see a difference in this "New Updated Dial".

Good News now, and a little bad news...

In studying the Noob Daytonas threads over the last 8 months I would say that the number one complaint has been the size and appearance of the Sub-dials.
As I studied and compared more of the recent QC pictures, I found a way to clearly see a difference in the Sub-dials of this "New Updated Dial".

There has been some confusion about what to call this "New Updated V2" dial. The V1 version of this watch had a 316L Steel case.
About September of 2018 the case changed to 904L Steel, and the price increased by $100. The factory and dealers called this version a V2.
Some others have labeled this "New Updated V2" watch and dial a "V2.2". Not official, but I think it works well to avoid confusion in the rest of this post and maybe beyond.

In comparing dials side by side in Photoshop, first I level the dials, and then I overlay and carefully size them to get them to match as closely as possible.
Sometimes I also change balance and levels of color to get an even closer match.
I started adding the fine red lines to compare Sub-dial sizes. As I looked at more new QC pictures, I started to find the difference in some pictures.

The differences that I found apply only to the size of the Sub-dials...

The Fonts on the Ceramic Bezel are still a little wrong and the Rolex Logo may still look a little off to some Members.
The pictures in this post will be presented to mainly show the difference in the Sub-dials.

The slight change to the White Dial may look too tiny to make a difference, but I will show you that it now appears that the size of the Noob V2.2 White Dial Sub-dials are the same as a Gen.

Now the bad news...

Some of the resent QC are not the the New Updated V2.2 dial. This comparison method does show the difference quite clearly now, even on smaller QC pictures.
I am planning to go back though this thread to try and show Members who posted QC pictures if they will be getting the old V1-V2 dial or the new V2.2 dial.

Some good news for those who have the original White V1-V2 dial... I will show that the Sub-dials are really only slightly larger than a Gen.
The White ARF V2 116500 has Sub-dials that appear to be slightly smaller than a Gen. So if you compare a V1-V2 Noob directly to an ARF V2, the Noob Sub-dials would appear much larger.

And now some pictures...

Original Noob V1-V2 on the Left, New Updated V2.2 dial on the Right.

Gen compared to Updated Noob V2.2 and to an ARF V2...

Gen compared to a Noob V1-V2

Noob V1-V2 compared to ARF V2

Your analysis on this watch is next level. Thanks for taking the time to give us this level of information.

Based on your analysis would you say my dial is 2.2?

a4ff0d769cbcfbac191feb031cb82b2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
M Scott Hell you rock mate. That’s some serious good work you’re doing there. I gotta figure out how to rep you. I’ve only been here about 3 years.

Thanks a lot.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Your analysis on this watch is next level. Thanks for taking the time to give us this level of information.

Based on your analysis would you say my dial is 2.2?

a4ff0d769cbcfbac191feb031cb82b2b.jpg

Thanks for your kind words...

The first time I looked at the picture a week or so ago, I thought it was a V1-V2.
After sizing it more carefully and knowing what to look for better, I would now say it is an Updated V2.2...

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
29a5ac10723e923d96f8a61aa9f348cd.jpg

Apologies in advance if this isn’t the right place to consult for QC advice.

Would like to seek the comments from the rest of the guys here to verify if the 3 & 9 markers seem off or is it due to my phone.

This is also an Updated V2.2 dial...

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Good evening fine gentleman,

I just placed and order with Chazingtime and received the following QC pics. I have 3 questions,

1) Are these enough to tell if the watch is of good quality, if not , which pictures should I request ?
2) Should I request pictures of the movement and also movement accuracy check ?
3) Is this the updated Noob V2 ???

Thank you !

2nlfmf8.jpg

Yes, another Updated V2.2 dial...

kopite81

2/12/18
Thanks for your kind words...

The first time I looked at the picture a week or so ago, I thought it was a V1-V2.
After sizing it more carefully and knowing what to look for better, I would now say it is an Updated V2.2...

Thanks mate - Will look great when the Gen dial, hands and crystal are on Plus the ARF bezel......

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
defb269db411aad69cf0ed73732f1a9a.jpg

Can anyone help me identify if this is the v2?.... it looks a bit different than the one on intime but TD told me it’s the latest one they got from noob yesterday....

Others said that this is a V1-V2, but I would disagree. It looks like an Updated V2.2 dial to me...

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
My dealer was kind enough to give me these pictures:

VDXJMs.jpg

VDXyqp.jpg

can anyone confirm if these are indeed the 904L v2 with improved subdials?

Yes, these have the Updated V2.2 dial...