• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dark spots on bezel

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Hey, my ARF sub just arrived a few days ago. It was perfect as you can see on the first pic, but now I notice some dark spots on numerals like picture 2-3 and want to know if they're small stains of dirt or the paint is faulty on the bezel. I took my watch to the pool and swam with it, nothing happened, watch is waterproof.. but I'm worried maybe the chlorine damaged the bezel paint. If anyone can give they're opinion on how to solve this,would be grateful and maybe serve to help another person with this problem.
5124fbfdb56b78a20cdb6c9a1e6ff238.jpg
487add1749d52f49a5d6f01855c89c6d.jpg
67c762718996b8be6d84b7740b6648b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Try washing it gently with a very soft brush and some mild liquid soap. Looks to me like pool chemicals have eaten away some of the paint. If so, you are stuck doing a Molotow or Sharpie or Spongebob mod.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
If it is sandblasted, a touch of greese will make this effect. Try mild soap like kj2020 proposed or mild soap for dishes.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
So you bought a FAKE Rolex Submariner and jumped into a pool without having it pressure tested first WOW LOL.
I can tell you how too solve problems like these , don't buy a FAKE watch and expect it perform like an expensive high spec dive watch .

Last edited:

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
So you bought a FAKE Rolex Submariner and jumped into a pool without having it pressure tested first WOW LOL.
I can tell you how too solve problems like these , don't buy a FAKE watch and expect it perform like an expensive high spec dive watch .
Not a waterproof problem, just a bezel spot.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
If it is sandblasted, a touch of greese will make this effect. Try mild soap like kj2020 proposed or mild soap for dishes.
I'm thinking it might be grease, I'll try this out thx. I'll update

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Try washing it gently with a very soft brush and some mild liquid soap. Looks to me like pool chemicals have eaten away some of the paint. If so, you are stuck doing a Molotow or Sharpie or Spongebob mod.
Looks to me more like it's dirty with some sort of grease. I didn't let the watch sit with clorinated water for a long time. As soon as I got out I washed it with sweet water and some soap. Washed it last night with normal liquid hand soap, maybe when I do it with dish soap it will work.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Here's another pic
085ab2ea8aff4beb46fc25d1f69e8c74.jpg

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yep I read your OP and looked at the pictures . My advice still stands chap !

Could you share more details on how waterproofing the watch would have helped protect the bezel markers? I'm not sure to follow

Reactions: KushBandit

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Could you share more details on how waterproofing the watch would have helped protect the bezel markers? I'm not sure to follow

I didn't say that chap you really should work on your English comprehension . I am just amazed that ANYBODY would buy a $500 FAKE Rolex and jump into a pool with it . At least not before having it professionally pressure checked .

The OP has NOW stated he got out of the pool and washed the watch off in clean water and soap . It looks to me like the chemicals in the pool have effected the bezel markers . So as previously stated my advice stands ' don't buy a fake watch and expect it to have the same spec as a many $1000's high end Swiss dive watch ' .

I would say advice even a simpleton could understand.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I didn't say that chap you really should work on your English comprehension . I am just amazed that ANYBODY would buy a $500 FAKE Rolex and jump into a pool with it . At least not before having it professionally pressure checked .

The OP has NOW stated he got out of the pool and washed the watch off in clean water and soap . It looks to me like the chemicals in the pool have effected the bezel markers . So as previously stated my advice stands ' don't buy a fake watch and expect it to have the same spec as a many $1000's high end Swiss dive watch ' .

That's what I thought. My English is just fine thank you. When you put 2 sentences one after the other, the first one being about water proofing and the second one being a generic comment, it reads as a logical conclusion of a premise. So maybe your expression isn't as good as you think it is. Anyway I don't see the point of making fun of someone just because they made a mistake, but that's just me.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
smoke Any advice man?

You have been given the correct advice already chap . If the marks are permanent you will need to do a bezel marker mod ( repaint markers ) . There are three options available Molotow , Sharpie or SpongeBob .

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15

Why so harsh?
OP states it is waterproof(water resistant). It is not a water penetration of the case that is the problem here.
I dont think OP is whining about it either. You seem to have had some piss flavored breakfast cereal today. We are supposed to help each other here and elsewhere.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
You have been given the correct advice already chap . If the marks are permanent you will need to do a bezel marker mod ( repaint markers ) . There are three options available Molotow , Sharpie or SpongeBob .
I want more opinions because Im doubting that the bezel paint fades by entering a pool o splashing it with water. Seen members here go in the ocean with their ARF sea dwellers and pools with their subs like me and they've had no problem. Just want the feedback :)

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Why so harsh?
OP states it is waterproof(water resistant). It is not a water penetration of the case that is the problem here.
I dont think OP is whining about it either. You seem to have had some piss flavored breakfast cereal today. We are supposed to help each other here and elsewhere.

Don't piss your knickers chap . My advice was spot on ! Don't buy a FAKE $500 Rolex dive watch and the day it arrives jump in a chemical filled pool and expect it to work in the same way as the genuine watch . That includes the bezel and the bezel markers reaction to chemicals and salts ! That is the best advice on this thread shit for breath.

Last edited: