• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
I tried on the big size at the AD yesterday and I must say it fits perfect on my 6.5 inch wrist.

I also tried the mid size one and it looks too feminine in my opinion. Go for the big one guys.
I tried the midsize full yellow gold with a gray croc strap. Fitted perfectly, since then I want the midsize. Also tried the large one but damn that midsize seemed better to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hm11esh

4/9/18
With the strap it's a nice snug fit. But I prefer the bracelet so will get the V6 when it's out properly

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
With the strap it's a nice snug fit. But I prefer the bracelet so will get the V6 when it's out properly
Waiting for that too man, hope they fix the dial error and that's an instant buy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I've read all pages in this thread. So, KOR case is better than V6F and V6F bracelet is better than KOR?

hm11esh

4/9/18
I don't mind waiting till they get this one right as I have a few gens to wear and got 3 other reps on my to buy list.

encore1127

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/17
oh man, having gone through all 25 pages.
Summary: KOR is currently pulling ahead.
Best to wait a bit and see a new version from V6....
Anyone know IF they will actually make an updated version?
I want to go for the strap and bracelet combo.

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
oh man, having gone through all 25 pages.
Summary: KOR is currently pulling ahead.
Best to wait a bit and see a new version from V6....
Anyone know IF they will actually make an updated version?
I want to go for the strap and bracelet combo.

KOR version is really good. Only thing is they have not smart links on steel bracelet. And let’s face it, those are just novelty for most of the people out there.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
KOR version is really good. Only thing is they have not smart links on steel bracelet. And let’s face it, those are just novelty for most of the people out there.

But a major tell from gen no matter how minor it may seem my friend. It’s probably one of the main features of the gen

Reactions: vcappp

hm11esh

4/9/18
I agree but that would only matter if you are trying to pass the watch as gen. Once it is on your wrist no one will know and if I am wearing a rep watch I always tell my friends if they ask. nothing to be ashamed about. We are being smart by saving a fortune on these watches by getting the next best thing.

Reactions: leo6929

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
458usd what u expect? Is very good enough. Who will ask you to pull out the link and show them? If someone say that to u. Most probably he already don’t trust u at all in the first place.

He knew that you have rep for sure =] if not no one ever ask u press put the link and show! Haha enjoy the watch =]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

doralamer78

Horology Curious
3/1/19
I agree that the bracelet is a novelty. I agree that 485usd is cheap considering its a 8k usd watch. Some of us buy reps because it's cheaper than gen.
​​​​​​
However, some of us buy reps because it shows off the fact that some of these gen watches are purely branding, and that the Chinese watch industry has caught up with manufacturing some of these NWBIG super reps. We're not complaining that it's not gen like enough, but it excites us that there is an arms race between kor and v6 on a watch brand we like (ie, cartier). It baffles me to think abt how much time and effort v6 went on ahead and do up the smartlink bracelet, whilst kor went on the perfect the dial and head. The discussion isn't about oh this isn't good, oh that isn't good enough, but that wow there is so much room for improvement and its getting so close its exciting. Just so much potential to combine their efforts together to get to another cartier super rep.

Not talking for the rest of the members, but this is how I feel. That's the excitement of reps whilst we buy gens because we love them as well.

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

faiNtbv

Looking Around
8/7/13
hello guys, i have a question if I may, I am genuinely interested in buying a santos de cartier rep, more into the KOR version because of the more gen like appearance and also because bracelet watches don't fit well on my 6.5 wrist, anyway, the question which I saw on a post earlier is , has anybody any idea if a gen strap will fit on a KOR rep? and also, do you guys think I should be interested in the medium size or the large one? according to my 6.4-6.5 inch wrist?
oh and has anybody seen a KOR yellow gold plated bezel in a video ? thank you, all the best!

laoban_nicolas

Known Member
Patron
Certified
15/11/14
hello guys, i have a question if I may, I am genuinely interested in buying a santos de cartier rep, more into the KOR version because of the more gen like appearance and also because bracelet watches don't fit well on my 6.5 wrist, anyway, the question which I saw on a post earlier is , has anybody any idea if a gen strap will fit on a KOR rep? and also, do you guys think I should be interested in the medium size or the large one? according to my 6.4-6.5 inch wrist?
oh and has anybody seen a KOR yellow gold plated bezel in a video ? thank you, all the best!

Hey mate,
I'm selling mine because the large version is too big for my taste. I have 6.5 inch wrist

Reactions: vcappp and faiNtbv

faiNtbv

Looking Around
8/7/13
thank you very much for the insight, do you have a strap for your watch? laoban_nicolas does that fit better? the medium size seems a lot smaller, I mean 35mm and 40 mm , it's like 12,5 % smaller, now that I'm writing it down it doesn't feel that much ...
have you seen a gen one ? could a gen strap work? I saw on their website, you can buy a separate strap... and the blue one is incredibly beautiful and also the croc green one...