• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Thanks buddy. It barely fits under a cuff, and really the thickness is what turns me off. The dial, the date, the hands; everything about the watch face is wonderful.

shave it down to non-gen spec hehe

EDIT: I have to add that it truly sits perfect on your wrist mate. even though i get your point of the height i think that watch is meant to be seen :)

Reactions: vcappp

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Thanks buddy. It barely fits under a cuff, and really the thickness is what turns me off. The dial, the date, the hands; everything about the watch face is wonderful.

Does look great on your wrist man... this is not a watch to fit under the cuff... this is a watch that says I am a bad ass mutha fuckah and my watch looks like a million dollar babe haha

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

barely fits, but it still does ;) Also like other say, it's a bit of a sporty, flashy watch screaming for attention

Re: thickness... you clearly never had a ROO...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
barely fits, but it still does ;) Also like other say, it's a bit of a sporty, flashy watch screaming for attention

Re: thickness... you clearly never had a ROO...

actually bro he is right, and you well know that the ROO thickness (gen or rep both) are non-wristcuff friendly lol.
I don't think he meant that the thickness in the rep diver is off, but the thickness of the diver being a chunky sport watch model. A 15400 will suit him a lot better (yes even the rep one) vs any ROO at all, rep or gen.

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Big watches are supposed to look big. I doubt it would look much different on a 7 or a 7.5 inch wrist.

Second, this watch is not supposed to fit under anything. It’s a flashy piece and no man wears a ROO to fly under the radar.

mrsmith1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/18

Yes the diver is huge, but after wearing it for a week now, I get used to it. And now I am taking the even larger challenge and go for the Chrono 26400 ...

ossi

30/4/15
Because of what?

Because the 9.5 has a different position of the holes for the strap (not like gen) and different shape of case to make the endlinks flexible. Further, the DW Font is not perfect. It is good, but not like gen (eg 29).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Because the 9.5 has a different position of the holes for the strap (not like gen) and different shape of case to make the endlinks flexible. Further, the DW Font is not perfect. It is good, but not like gen (eg 29).

From what I’ve seen on the internet, 15706 endlink doesn’t seems to have gap, and it’s also true for every ap watches that are made with the ceramic/carbon material, probably because of the construction of the case is different. However, the watches that are made by stainless steel, the end links can bend much further, which appears gap between the case and the strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU

Thank you.

I dont think, a V7 or a V9 Datewheel is a better base if you are about modding this watch - so no disadvantage for a V9.5 imho. If youre lucky enough to have a spare Mikey DW then you dont bother with which Version ever. If you don't have one, V9.5 is your best choice, right?

As for the Plots: True, V 9.5 are different then before. But i dont see, that they are less Gen-like then before. At least, those Plots are movable now, which in my opinion is a far better Solution then the Versions before. That the Holes are 2/10 mm shifted is less important. And iirc another Member posted pictures of those holes from the Gen, where the Position of those holes were more like on V9.5 then centered like on V7 or V9.

Thats why i dont agree with you, that a V7 or V9 are better watches for future modding. Just my 2 ct.

MrOptional

8/10/18
IMHO v9.5 is better. v9 has green hands, which are instant tell, they are SO obvious. v7 was great when it came out, but side by side v9.5 is better. I think this was discussed already somewhere, if you search..

mrsmith1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/18
259be40f52c3ccd6c10a876ac97fed32.jpg

Just a reminder for anyone who own this watch. Make sure the screws at the back are tightened. I lost one screw and have to reorder some replacements. I guess it’s easy to loose one.

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
All the AP reps need to tighten when they arrive. My ap15400 also lost 1 screw on back. Luckily it was sit in the watch box. After I saw they are loose, I thighten all my AP rep. Even my HBB v6.5 also need to tighten.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
259be40f52c3ccd6c10a876ac97fed32.jpg

Just a reminder for anyone who own this watch. Make sure the screws at the back are tightened. I lost one screw and have to reorder some replacements. I guess it’s easy to loose one.

Thanks - just checked mine - some were a quarter turn loose!