• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

B0j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/18
a5Byvf.jpg
QC received!

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
To me it looks like the left index at 12 is a smidgeon of a mm lower than the right one, what do you guys think?

MRlOb.jpg

MRDYd.jpg

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
yup, looks like it. Also, the needle for the date indicator is not optimally centred?

Had not noticed it. Now I wonder if I could live with these two flaws or if I should just try my luck with a second one...

miamitonyc

Looking Around
23/10/18
Hello Guys!

This is my first post, I have been long time lurker since this watch came out. I want to know if you guys could help me QC my first rep purchase, since I don't know what i'm looking for yet.I ordered the white & black dial and I just got QC on the black from Elena @ PureTime. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

QC Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/bSkJLrj

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
mate please, go wash your eyes. That rep is not from ZF and everything is different, movement fake moonphase, thickness, JL logo, markers, subdial width, hands, the moon and the stars.

also the subdial hand is not long enough.

That rep is crap, the ZF one is a treasure.

So what you’re saying is........?

Sent from the RWI App

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Guys where to find replacement screws?

Since nobody answered I do it by myself, lol.
I'm sharing with you a little story of these recent days of mine.

I've been looking around to find replacement screws (not because I lost them but because I was curious if I could source them) and they are hard to find, not because of the thread size which is 0,8mm but because the head is really small.
I've gone to a watchsmith furniture store and after 10 minutes of trying every kind of screw they could only fit one that didn't go fully inside the hole but sit slightly higher. The estetical factor is the same and you could not tell by eye that it has a different screw but if you pass your finger on it you could feel the head sit higher. That's all I could find at the moment.
So guys be careful with your screws, don't tighten them too much, be gentle with your screwdriver and keep them in a safe place when unscrewed. ;)

After this, I went to my watchsmith because while testing the power reserve I left it in a drawer near the battery of my laptop (didn't know they could magnetize watches) and it started running several minutes fast, at first I was not thinking that it got magnetized and I tried to regulate it, but still after the demagnetizing process it run fast. So i brought it to my watchsmith for a check and he did a service to the watch, especially the balance wheel, the hairspring the blue screws and the jewels. He found out that the movement was oiled TOO MUCH. It surprised me, normally the reps movements are known to be almost not oiled at all while this was "overoiled". He said that the oil caused two hairspring spirals to touch and he also cleaned all the regulator arm. He also found a small hair under a screw, which he said "This shouldn't be here" lol.
Since he is an old guy, a true old manner watchsmith he regulated it by eye, no timegraphers, no electronics, and now it's running COSC level, lol.
He also commented that I use to wind it often and completely by manual winding (I don't know how he could figure that out) and that this sometimes affects the precision of the watch. I don't know if that's completely true, but I trust him.

By the way today is full moon, a perfect moment to regulate your moonphase. ;)

Xander22

10/7/18
Had not noticed it. Now I wonder if I could live with these two flaws or if I should just try my luck with a second one...
Get QC shots of the dial from different angles first before rejecting. The markers are 3D so different angles reflect light differently. Not saying that yours is definitely good but it's worth taking a look from other angles before making a decision.

Date indicator not being aligned is an issue which I also face but it can't be fixed because it'll be centered on certain dates but off on others. Very minor and after a while I don't even notice it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Since nobody answered I do it by myself, lol.
I'm sharing with you a little story of these recent days of mine.

I've been looking around to find replacement screws (not because I lost them but because I was curious if I could source them) and they are hard to find, not because of the thread size which is 0,8mm but because the head is really small.
I've gone to a watchsmith furniture store and after 10 minutes of trying every kind of screw they could only fit one that didn't go fully inside the hole but sit slightly higher. The estetical factor is the same and you could not tell by eye that it has a different screw but if you pass your finger on it you could feel the head sit higher. That's all I could find at the moment.
So guys be careful with your screws, don't tighten them too much, be gentle with your screwdriver and keep them in a safe place when unscrewed. ;)

After this, I went to my watchsmith because while testing the power reserve I left it in a drawer near the battery of my laptop (didn't know they could magnetize watches) and it started running several minutes fast, at first I was not thinking that it got magnetized and I tried to regulate it, but still after the demagnetizing process it run fast. So i brought it to my watchsmith for a check and he did a service to the watch, especially the balance wheel, the hairspring the blue screws and the jewels. He found out that the movement was oiled TOO MUCH. It surprised me, normally the reps movements are known to be almost not oiled at all while this was "overoiled". He said that the oil caused two hairspring spirals to touch and he also cleaned all the regulator arm. He also found a small hair under a screw, which he said "This shouldn't be here" lol.
Since he is an old guy, a true old manner watchsmith he regulated it by eye, no timegraphers, no electronics, and now it's running COSC level, lol.
He also commented that I use to wind it often and completely by manual winding (I don't know how he could figure that out) and that this sometimes affects the precision of the watch. I don't know if that's completely true, but I trust him.

By the way today is full moon, a perfect moment to regulate your moonphase. ;)

thanks for sharing. you are lucky having a good watchsmith in your local area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HelmHut

Looking Around
20/10/18
Can anybody lift the secret where I can find a leather strap and a deployant clasp. As close to the original as possible? Searched since weeks and find nothing (only some bad reps @ aliexpress)

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Can anybody lift the secret where I can find a leather strap and a deployant clasp. As close to the original as possible? Searched since weeks and find nothing (only some bad reps @ aliexpress)

Not necessary gen like, but i buy from ziczac. great value for money (~60$)

Reactions: HelmHut

HelmHut

Looking Around
20/10/18
Not necessary gen like, but i buy from ziczac. great value for money (~60$)

Now I see at least the brown one fore the JLC. I wrote ZicZac twice, but didn't receive any response. I'll give it a third try. Thanks!

(and the clasp?)

rypho1

8/7/16

Not sure what your budget is..but I just got a strap for my iwc portofino from peterwatch acc (google his facebook page) and i think it looks fantastic and i will definitely be heading there for my straps again...

I picked up a gen black strap for my JLC moon phase before i found peter but would have just done this if id known

Here is my "Patina vintage Style" iwc strap from peter which was $200 but i im sure the regular black or brown straps for this JLC without the fancy antique tanning will be cheaper. I think its good value for money for high quality strap and craftsman.

45490770282_84263e3775_b.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and HelmHut

Mr.Paneristi

12/3/18
Not sure what your budget is..but I just got a strap for my iwc portofino from peterwatch acc (google his facebook page) and i think it looks fantastic and i will definitely be heading there for my straps again...

I picked up a gen black strap for my JLC moon phase before i found peter but would have just done this if id known

Here is my "Patina vintage Style" iwc strap from peter which was $200 but i im sure the regular black or brown straps for this JLC without the fancy antique tanning will be cheaper. I think its good value for money for high quality strap and craftsman.

45490770282_84263e3775_b.jpg

Peter creates amazing straps. My JLC MUT strap from him was $199.

Reactions: HelmHut and rypho1

whereismywatch

16/10/18
Hey guys! I received my watch today and it’s absolutely gorgeous :)

I have a question about the watch though.

seems like there are three positions for the crown

1) normal position - fully closed

2) first position - when i pull it out once, where the watch doesn’t stop and I can’t change the time

3) second position - when i pull it out all the way, where the second hand stops and i can change time.

i guess my question is:
what is the purpose of (2)? Is it where i wind the watch, or is it (1) position?

do i wind the watch away from me?

Does anybody notice the date hand popping/moving a little when you’re adjusting the moonphase?

thank you!!

Reactions: vcappp