• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Ive received my QC,and it looks like it has been corrected
will post more pics once i receive the watch

I will be interested too by your QC. It’s a very good news if VSF has updated bezel ring and Tm on the clasp !

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
It was too small. On the qc from amplitude it seams to have been corrected. So pls post yours to confirm.

Reactions: mech500

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
What was wrong with the bezel ring to begin with?

Inner bezel ring was too thin. That’s why I had to sell mine.

Looks updated now:
cf7fd274f1359b818716f59a000f57cc.jpg

However, I don’t recall the bezel numerals disappearing like that on gen (at any angle)....look at 11 - 0 -1.

Here’s a SM300 (non spectre) for reference. i know that the angle and lighting is not the same but the bezel numerals are more vivid (ie they don’t readily disappear at certain angles).

44df7d9d25090cf260fc1700050f68b0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
I noticed the bezel numbers doing that, too. If you watch this review, the numbers kind of do the same thing, but not to the degree we're seeing in these pics.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Inner bezel ring was too thin. That’s why I had to sell mine.

However, I don’t recall the bezel numerals disappearing like that on gen (at any angle)....look at 11 - 0 -1.

Here’s a SM300 (non spectre) for reference. i know that the angle and lighting is not the same but the bezel numerals are more vivid (ie they don’t readily disappear at certain angles).

44df7d9d25090cf260fc1700050f68b0.png

I'm saving up to get that gen!

Lets not forget that the numbers on the gen is filled with liquidmetal within the ceramic bezel. A tech that I'm very impressed with by the way. So it's naturally brighter than the numbers on the rep.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I'm saving up to get that gen!

Lets not forget that the numbers on the gen is filled with liquidmetal within the ceramic bezel. A tech that I'm very impressed with by the way. So it's naturally brighter than the numbers on the rep.

I had the gen SM300 for around 18 months. Really regret selling it. I will probably buy it back again at some point. It’s a great watch. I purchased mine from a gray market dealer for just less than £3k....the only reason i sold it was because a dealer offered me £3k part exchange value and that was just too good to refuse.

I think the less bright bezel numerals on the VSF are a big deal in terms of aesthetics, I really don’t recall the gen numerals completely disappearing like that and the bezel (ad well as the dial) are arguably the main visual focus points of most watches.

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Thanks, I thought they were ceramic. Are they filled with a different alloy? They're certainly filled with metal.

luckyman

Horology Curious
26/1/07
I had the gen SM300 for around 18 months. Really regret selling it. I will probably buy it back again at some point. It’s a great watch. I purchased mine from a gray market dealer for just less than £3k....the only reason i sold it was because a dealer offered me £3k part exchange value and that was just too good to refuse.

I think the less bright bezel numerals on the VSF are a big deal in terms of aesthetics, I really don’t recall the gen numerals completely disappearing like that and the bezel (ad well as the dial) are arguably the main visual focus points of most watches.

Does the previous gen of the VSF not have this?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Does the previous gen of the VSF not have this?

Previous VSF had the same issue from what I recall.

It didn’t bother me too much then because I couldn’t get past the thin bezel ring and had to sell it.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Thanks, I thought they were ceramic. Are they filled with a different alloy? They're certainly filled with metal.

I'm not too sure what the process is for the bezel numbers on the rep. It's probably a print of some kind.... Doubt it's filled in. There were a few incidents reported a couple of years back on the forums that some of the bezel numbers on the 300MC or Spectre rep were rubbing off probably due to shirt cuffs. Don't think filled in numbers would rub off. Hasn't happened to mind yet though but then again, I always wear short sleeves when I wear mine.

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Hmm. I hope shirt cuffs won't rub them off. That would be really disappointing.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
@kobe24

Could please share if you hear any hint that there will be a non-Spectre version replica of this model from VSF with the recent super clone movement?

I would like to buy this watch but the James Bond 007 Spectre engraving on the bracelet is a deal breaker for me. I understand that many people or someone will prefer the James Bond 007 engraving on the bracelet as a special edition but at least for me, the engraving is too much and somewhat childish marketing gimmick.

@kobe24

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
@kobe24

Could please share if you hear any hint that there will be a non-Spectre version replica of this model from VSF with the recent super clone movement?

I would like to buy this watch but the James Bond 007 Spectre engraving on the bracelet is a deal breaker for me. I understand that many people or someone will prefer the James Bond 007 engraving on the bracelet as a special edition but at least for me, the engraving is too much and somewhat childish marketing gimmick.

@kobe24

You can get the gen Omega micro adjustment clasp for $120. There might also be a rep of that clasp.

Reactions: vcappp

Xman

6/2/11
I'd love to know the process on the bezel as well, but hopefully its reliable and durable.