• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE: A8605 clone Aqua Terra

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
To remove all possible confusion:
VSF Aqua Terra non-GMT blue dial, measured with my old faithful analog caliper

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Case measures EXACTLY 41,50mm, as per GEN.

Reactions: vcappp and mech500

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nanook65 I wouldn't exclude that VSF have mixed up mid cases between the AT and the GMT, and by misstake or other reason used AT mid cases when assembling the GMT. Don't know if that is tecknically possible as I haven't seen one for real, but it's the same movement except the GMT function.

I know that the Chinese reppers are pretty dumb sometimes, but do you think they are actually that dumb/blind/careless what ever? I don't know, I guess but it does seem like it would be unlikely. Would the dial from a GMT fit inside the regular AT? Maybe, not sure

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I hope VSF make the 38mm AT to put in this measurement equation. Be prepared on chaos :p

Reactions: vcappp

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Man I am confused.

This pic shows case measured at 41mm for AT GMT:
e180e6adee129623e961cd890424ffcb.jpg

However gen spec for GMT is 43mm:
3408dab9801d056ed20d914108fb02c5.png

But some are saying the rep is “gen spec”.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Edit, wrong quote, sorry for that here is the correct link supplied by LaPavel where you can see towards the end in this video that he measure the GMT to 43 and 14 mm thick

https://v.youku.com/pad_show/id_XMzc...2hww.11359951.

Second edit, it's at 11 min into the video.

The final measurement in the Video confirms 41.5mm thick for AT GMT (which also aligns with members measurements)
8448ed2aa9daaa114076a112c89517c1.png

Anyone who thinks they got a gen spec
43mm is probably wrong. No evidence provided to suggest otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and phdsjain

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
My GMT REP specs matches the technical data from the GEN

My AT 150m REP specs matches the technical data from the GEN

case closed

What a load of horse manure. Show pics of your GMT with whatever it is you used to measure the watch.

Lol.. How about pics of the watch with your measurement tape or caliper that shows the GMT you have to be gen spec at 43mm? Those pics aren't helpful at all. Just stop.

It seems you are the only one that says yours is 43mm and thus causing all the confusion. I don't know how you measured yours or if you really did measured yours, or maybe you just don't know how to read a ruler or if you are just trolling which I think you are.

From all the other posts, it's pretty clear now that the VSF AT GMT is the wrong case size. So you can stop rambling on about your AT GMT being "gen spec" when most of the other members that has it measured theirs with pics and is clearly not gen spec. So unless you can come up with pictures to show the measurements of your GMT with the so called "gen specs", i'd say it's probably BS on your part.

The VSF AT GMT is 41.5mm. Not "gen spec".

CASE CLOSED.

Last edited:
Reactions: mech500 and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
What a load of horse manure. Show pics of your GMT with whatever it is you used to measure the watch.

Lol.. How about pics of the watch with your measurement tape or caliper that shows the GMT you have to be gen spec at 43mm? Those pics aren't helpful at all. Just stop.

It seems you are the only one that says yours is 43mm and thus causing all the confusion. I don't know how you measured yours or if you really did measured yours, or maybe you just don't know how to read a ruler or if you are just trolling which I think you are.

From all the other posts, it's pretty clear now that the VSF AT GMT is the wrong case size. So you can stop rambling on about your AT GMT being "gen spec" when most of the other members that has it measured theirs with pics and is clearly not gen spec. So unless you can come up with pictures to show the measurements of your GMT with the so called "gen specs", i'd say it's probably BS on your part.

The VSF AT GMT is 41.5mm. Not "gen spec".

CASE CLOSED.

Please johnlogan show your measurement please.

1. You ignored the simple question. “Is the box a gen or rep?” you just answered unhelpfully “it is from puretime” Why it is unhelpful? because they can source a rep or a gen part for accessories sometimes. so the other multiple members here asked multiple TD about your box. No success to get the right answer. Why don’t you simply just type 3 english character to answer? “rep” or “gen” for the box.

2. You ignored the simple question again here about the measurement of the case size? while you say “it is gen spec. case closed”

Please I know you don’t have to answer but it is a forum that we can do some effort each other to keep enjoying this hobby. Many people here would like to clear the confusion.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Why even bother. This John Logan fella is the reason of all the confusion. He keeps saying this and that without showing any evidence to back himself up. While everyone else is saying something else, he is the only one that keeps saying it's 43mm blah blah blah. Yet he shows nothing to prove his point. Typical troll. He probably gets off on this.

Time to move on....

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Well now I am very disappointed. My size limit is 43 mm minimum normally and now I am waiting for a watch that was supposed to be 43 mm but is closer to 41 mm. That sucks ass.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Well now I am very disappointed. My size limit is 43 mm minimum normally and now I am waiting for a watch that was supposed to be 43 mm but is closer to 41 mm. That sucks ass.

41.5mm to be exact. A difference of 1.5mm. Not much difference imo and I wonder if the larger size of 43 is noticeable if it's side by side with the 41.5.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Thank you for all the hard work confirming the size. Unfortunately that means that the GMT is not a super rep after all...
I almost pull the trigger on this one, bummer...

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Well I guess we got one super rep instead of two...better than nothing!

But yes I am a little disappointed as I like the 41.5mm but would prefer the slightly bigger GMT.

Reactions: johnlogan

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
My dealer also confirmed that the actual measurement is 41.5mm (see screenshot below)

johnlogan - lol.
Thanks for wasting everyone’s time. If you’re in denial about your fake watches (in their fake boxes) being non gen spec, then that’s fine, just don’t waste everyone else’s time by spreading misinformation.

Whatsapp convo from my dealer:
186ced8073cfe4772358f3f1404a52bb.png

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
My dealer also confirmed that the actual measurement is 41.5mm (see screenshot below)

johnlogan - lol.
Thanks for wasting everyone’s time. If you’re in denial about your fake watches (in their fake boxes) being non gen spec, then that’s fine, just don’t waste everyone else’s time by spreading misinformation.

Whatsapp convo from my dealer:
186ced8073cfe4772358f3f1404a52bb.png