• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE: A8605 clone Aqua Terra

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Now the mystery is all clear. See this result, people who were making fun of me due to the fact that I asked same question multiple times about the case size of VSF AT GMT model.

There is a reason, when I ask multiple times about the same thing to the multiple members here. it is good for all after doing double check and clear the confusion finally.

By the way, thanks for the people who actually uploaded the pictures of the real life measurement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
So it's the same case then.
I do not think that measurements from Omega for their watches include the crown. It's just the case. I may be wrong though. Will measure my gen later just to be sure.

AT GMT - 43mm
​​​​​​​AT non-GMT - 41.5mm

Yes I think the norm when referring to case diameter is without crown

Reactions: vcappp

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Then I assume the two tone gmt also have 20mm lugs and not gen spec 21mm lugs. I'm going to order a gen brown croc for mine and want to know that it fits. The watch it self is on the way so I can't measure it.

the reason I change from bracelet is the flaws with gold plating shown by other members in this thread.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
@cheld

@imranbecks

This thread needs your help please. you have gen AT 41mm. Could please measure the case size including crown? and excluding the crown?

Here just discovered the measurement
VSF AT = 39.8mm (without crown)
VSF AT GMT = 41.12mm ish (without crown)

But the gen spec is
Gen AT = 41mm
Gen AT GMT = 43mm

P.S. Thanks again for uploading the measurement of the rep
Teenyweeny fasty @santre22

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
@cheld

@imranbecks

This thread needs your help please. you have gen AT 41mm. Could please measure the case size including crown? and excluding the crown?

Here just discovered the measurement
VSF AT = 39.8mm (without crown)
VSF AT GMT = 41.12mm ish (without crown)

But the gen spec is
Gen AT = 41mm
Gen AT GMT = 43mm

P.S. Thanks again for uploading the measurement of the rep
Teenyweeny fasty @santre22

How are people measuring?

Terrible lighting at night here but curiosity got the better of me and I just had to measure mine again.

VSF AT White dial (not GMT) Case width = 41mm (excluding crown)

70C9313B-7B65-4FBB-90EE-D983C033408845920853b89dbf7d.jpg

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
How are you measuring the cases?

Surely someone that has both the GMT and non can see the difference in case size as they have them in hand and would see if they were the same case size.

Is the issue all about how some have been measured?

As in previous post my not gmt is 41mm— not smaller as earlier indicated.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I have...and given all the conflicting info this is confusing!

Exactly. I’m confused too hence why I wanted to ask those that are insisting that the GMT is “gen spec”...how have you come to this conclusion.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Exactly. I’m confused too hence why I wanted to ask those that are insisting that the GMT is “gen spec”...how have you come to this conclusion.

My GMT REP specs matches the technical data from the GEN

My AT 150m REP specs matches the technical data from the GEN

case closed

Reactions: reppin

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
How are people measuring?

Terrible lighting at night here but curiosity got the better of me and I just had to measure mine again.

VSF AT White dial (not GMT) Case width = 41mm (excluding crown)

70C9313B-7B65-4FBB-90EE-D983C033408845920853b89dbf7d.jpg

Digital its 41.5mm

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
johnlogan so if I order a genuine omega 21mm alligator strap it will fit the gmt rep? As you have both the reps the bracelet should be 20mm on the normal AT and 21mm for the GMT? Right? It's quite long delivery time on the gen strap therefore I want to order it before I get the watch. QC on the gmt was accepted 2 days ago.

thanks in advance :)

Reactions: johnlogan

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
Then I assume the two tone gmt also have 20mm lugs and not gen spec 21mm lugs. I'm going to order a gen brown croc for mine and want to know that it fits. The watch it self is on the way so I can't measure it.

the reason I change from bracelet is the flaws with gold plating shown by other members in this thread.

Yes lug is 20mm, I’ve ordered a strap with clasp because the gold plating on bracelets is really bad

Teenyweeny

29/11/17

But please wait for yours to arrive and better to buy your band after measuring your piece, it could be different hahahahaha

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
johnlogan so if I order a genuine omega 21mm alligator strap it will fit the gmt rep? As you have both the reps the bracelet should be 20mm on the normal AT and 21mm for the GMT? Right? It's quite long delivery time on the gen strap therefore I want to order it before I get the watch. QC on the gmt was accepted 2 days ago.

thanks in advance :)

GMT 21mm
AT150m 20mm

Reactions: santre22

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
There is a lot of conflicting info here. It seems to me that one of two things are going on: Either 1) People have different watches from different sources and thus they are actually different. For example johnlogan has the newer vsf AT & AT GMT and the cases are correct per gen and some other guys have some older/different AT's & AT GMT's and the cases from the different reps are in fact different. or 2) people are somehow measuring the cases in different places/ways etc.

I have both the new vsf AT & AT GMT on the way so I guess I will add my measurements once they come. I approved QC about a week ago so they should not be too far off.

Reactions: vcappp and mech500

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Oh btw for those that don't know. Industry standard is to measure the case without the crown & report that as the size of the watch. If nothing is stated it is assumed without the crown and if they are measuring with the crown they will say that it is including the crown.

Reactions: stoyania and vcappp

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Nanook65 I wouldn't exclude that VSF have mixed up mid cases between the AT and the GMT, and by misstake or other reason used AT mid cases when assembling the GMT. Don't know if that is tecknically possible as I haven't seen one for real, but it's the same movement except the GMT function.