• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
It's a good start. I guess you can check for alignment before correcting for the issues mentioned above.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Keylog74 - did anybody worked on the vector file before printing other than me?

I am a bit confused as i have just checked my file and i have definitely an other „1“ and seen some other differences.

Other than that - it is a noce prototype as i already said and i appreciate the effort everyone put in this. Thanks again.

I will explain a little bit (what i know about the process) how this process happens.

The file you provided was sent to a vendor who took it and transformed it into a '' Mold date stamp'' wich is a metal cylinder (or at least this is how i know it).

I did not have time to do cross checking for measurement but the problem you guys spot will be forwarded and ask to be improved.

Reactions: majwilliams0308

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I will explain a little bit (what i know about the process) how this process happens.

The file you provided was sent to a vendor who took it and transformed it into a '' Mold date stamp'' wich is a metal cylinder (or at least this is how i know it).

I did not have time to do cross checking for measurement but the problem you guys spot will be forwarded and ask to be improved.

Damn do you have to pay for another mold to be made?

Keylog74

14/6/13
Damn do you have to pay for another mold to be made?

oh well, this is something i dont know. but it will need to be remade... tomorrow this DWs will be installed on the Nautilus and the Aquanaut and see how it goes :D

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thank you for the Updates!

The quality of the video isnt the best or is it just my phone that screws this up so bad?

For what i can see - it looks definitely better than everything before.

A closer look with better resolution will help all of us :D

Keylog74

14/6/13
YouTube changed the video quality. Will upload again maybe elsewhere....

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
you guys are doing a great job.. as some said, the pic of the gen DW is a tad different from the prototypes, but I think with time you will get closer to it.. count me in for at least 2, and willing to help financially from now :)

Reactions: Keylog74

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
YouTube changed the video quality. Will upload again maybe elsewhere....

Yeah you can try Vimeo or dailymotion. It is locked at 240p. I would love a pic too. From what I can see it looks like it fits great

Keylog74

14/6/13
Yeah you can try Vimeo or dailymotion. It is locked at 240p. I would love a pic too. From what I can see it looks like it fits great

Whats_App_Image_2018_08_01_at_09_01_50.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_08_01_at_09_01_54.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_08_01_at_09_01_53.jpg

index.jpg

Reactions: gilrob and Nivka

BIONONE

28/4/17
you guys are doing a great job.. as some said, the pic of the gen DW is a tad different from the prototypes, but I think with time you will get closer to it.. count me in for at least 2, and willing to help financially from now :)

As Keylog said - the vendor for the pad printing screen/mold had to modify the vector file... I hope everything works out well so the original vector file is not too far off.

i will check the previous pages to show you the vector file again - replicated from the gen but with equalized font (as the picture of the gen was distorted) and with a turned direction of the numerals all aligned with 50x magnification with the exact measurements Spongebob gave us.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Keylog74 I really like the look of the 5711. As for the aquanaut i assume there was a difference in measurements resulting in the small gap to the edges.

The size is correct for the nautilus! wondering what happened to the font itself as the vector file clearly shows a different "1" from what other kind members pointed out - thanks for this!

Keylog74

14/6/13
Keylog74 I really like the look of the 5711. As for the aquanaut i assume there was a difference in measurements resulting in the small gap to the edges.

The size is correct for the nautilus! wondering what happened to the font itself as the vector file clearly shows a different "1" from what other kind members pointed out - thanks for this!

I did ask about it but no answer that. Usually the vendor takes his time to answer and because im really pleased anyway with the looks, im just giving him a day to answer about how and why this happen and how to fix it :)

Keylog74

14/6/13
Keylog74 As for the aquanaut i assume there was a difference in measurements resulting in the small gap to the edges.

If you remember when i sent you measurements the aqunaut dw was diffrent. Watches are from diffrent makers, this makes it hard to perfecly fit every watch but still its i think is ok. Also because those pic are higly closes up and magnified.