• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Prefer the ARF too, look of the subdials, bezel and clasp all are very close to gen. The only thing with the ARF is the pusher angle but seriously not noticeable to 99.99999% of gen daytona owners

Pusher angles should be correct in ARF V2, and they are even shorter (but still too long).

lcsrep11

19/8/17
I thought I'd never say that but at this point Rolex Daytona is NWOBG!!!!! :punk:

I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of mine though I know I would regret it. Also after owning the Gen and it being my dream watch I know I wouldn't be happy with a rep. I would pull it to bits and find every tiny mistake lol

Reactions: KHK

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
IMO the ARF V.2 116520 Black/White is still the king. I compared mine to a stock Noob V.1 4130 and my ARF was miles better in fit finish, fonts, everything except for movement. But after swapping in ta gen dial, hands, bezel on the noob.... well thats another story :)

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
I have the ARF V2 as 116520 with white dial. The Noob (clone 4130 with chrono) is ordered as 116500 and already shipped.
I am now already curious to compare the ARF and the Noob and about the result and feelings afterwards :)
Hopefully I can do also a comparison between ARF 116520 / Noob 116500 and a GEN 116520 ..... looking forward.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
IMO the ARF V.2 116520 Black/White is still the king. I compared mine to a stock Noob V.1 4130 and my ARF was miles better in fit finish, fonts, everything except for movement. But after swapping in ta gen dial, hands, bezel on the noob.... well thats another story :)

Thats also a whole new price bracket lol

Reactions: christo14

lcsrep11

19/8/17
I have the ARF V2 as 116520 with white dial. The Noob (clone 4130 with chrono) is ordered as 116500 and already shipped.
I am now already curious to compare the ARF and the Noob and about the result and feelings afterwards :)
Hopefully I can do also a comparison between ARF 116520 / Noob 116500 and a GEN 116520 ..... looking forward.

I would love to see this comparison!!!

Reactions: enetec

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
From what I have read so far, the Noob v2 has a better 116520 dial (White, not sure about the black), still two tick which may or may not be correct for CL lume, correct case engravings and better SEL fit however the bezel font remains incorrect. The ARF bracelet and clasp quality (relative), dial and bezel win.

Can anybody comment on how well done the Noob 116500 white dial is? The black dial is terrible.
Noob ceramic engravings look better done than ARF but I am not sure about the font. Is it correct?

MrBeasy

8/2/16
I have a Franken Daytona on an ARF base and I love it. I agree the rep bracelet and clasp is better than the noob - the clasp click feels like my gen bracelet clicks.

How hard would it be to mod the pushers to be shorter - is this a relatively standard mod? guru do you know?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I still don't get why anyone would have an ARF or any Daytona with no working Chrono. You might as well photoshop a pic of your wrist with a gen Daytona and stare at it, to that effect :fuelfire:

Jokes aside, very nice writeup guru . Now the real and important question is: when are you going to put these Daytonas on m2m? :sFun_mischieviousbi

MeMO

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/2/18
very interesting topic

to be honest, I prefer the pushers on ARF more than those on Gen itself lol

is the rotor really that loud ?

and how bad the winding is on ARF movement, I mean does it run out power while it's on the wrist?

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Personally I don't need a fully working chrono. After a week or so of wearing it I've realised the rotor isn't too bad really. Winding is fine. I have got good power reserve and timekeeping from mine so far.

Reactions: RolieBoy

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
For me the whole hobby is about the pursuit of perfection.
I recently bought a JLC ultra thin Moon. I would not have bought it if the moonphase was not functioning.
I don't want a chrono which doesn't function.
I don't want to see false wheels engraved in a movement plate.
I don't like to see AU 750 engraved on a steel case and i won't buy gold plate. I would buy the steel Breguet La Tradition if it didn't have AU 750 engraved on the case. I know this is because the Gen is white gold, but it doesn't work for me.

We are all different. Some people can be happy with two dials on their watch which do nothing. I can't.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Neither.

I can't accept the chronos not working on the ARF and I can't accept the bezel and dial on the noob.

The ARF dial isn't brilliant but at least they can get the R right on ROLEX.

The only solution would be buy both and swap the best bits over but tbh, I can't be bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: theREALgoat

lcsrep11

19/8/17
I still don't get why anyone would have an ARF or any Daytona with no working Chrono. You might as well photoshop a pic of your wrist with a gen Daytona and stare at it, to that effect :fuelfire:

Jokes aside, very nice writeup guru . Now the real and important question is: when are you going to put these Daytonas on m2m? :sFun_mischieviousbi

Isn't that the same as saying you may as well not own a rep submariner or deep sea because it doesn't work if you dive to 200m ?? They are both dive watches and you cant dive with a rep of either model.

I've owned a gen daytona since 2012 and can count on one hand the amount of times i've set it going. With a rep I would be even less likely to set it going. I actually set it going yesterday after reading some posts on here and it just looks weird with the second hand moving round. Guess im so used to it pointing in at 12 lol.

Reactions: christo14

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Isn't that the same as saying you may as well not own a rep submariner or deep sea because it doesn't work if you dive to 200m ?? They are both dive watches and you cant dive with a rep of either model.

I've owned a gen daytona since 2012 and can count on one hand the amount of times i've set it going. With a rep I would be even less likely to set it going. I actually set it going yesterday after reading some posts on here and it just looks weird with the second hand moving round. Guess im so used to it pointing in at 12 lol.

It is not setting the chrono, it is knowing that you can. It is not seeing the fake 2d engraving of a column wheel, it is knowing it's there.
It is not diving to 200m. It is knowing that I am never under any circumstances ever going to do that, whatever watch I am wearing.