• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

tienbang

19/5/15
Now I wish I didn't sell this watch last year. If I knew it would end up in this kid's possession I would have kept it.

Reactions: DD60

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
What got you here?

Hey BOD. Before I answer this question, I'd like to thank you for at least considering believing me. I would hate to be banned from this community, and I really hope that you read what I have to say with an open mind, and not dismiss me for mistakes in the past. I can't make you or anyone else do that, just hope that you all do. On to the question.
I think what first got me here was watching YouTuber Numistacker's series of videos called "the truth about replica watches". Before then(must've been around January or February) I sort of followed the status quo of basically every watch YouTuber. I thought that fake watches were for fake people and that replicas were all crap etc etc. That is, until I watched his videos, and realized that you can get watches that are virtually indistinguishable from gens for ~350 bucks, and that they were often built better and felt better than gens for the same price. I began to see rep watches as actually good value propositions, not pieces of junk that are only good for a paperweight. My first foray into reps was at r/reptime. I quickly realized that that subreddit was not where most serious discussion about high quality reps took place, so I migrated to RWG and the then exile RWI. I made accounts on both and began to just read a ton and ask a whole lot of questions, and I have since learned a ton about both reps and watches in general from reading and asking. When RWI came out of exile, I joined immediately, and have been quite hooked since.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I wasn't going to chime in but I feel the need too right now.

I love this community. People like you bring us down. Name calling and cursing and even in PM you are yelling like a little kid. I have one kid and that is enough. In all my time here I have never been disrespected. I may have been disagreed with, when I was wrong, I admitted it. When I was write I NEVER pushed it in their face. This is a family. You are the bad seed. If we vote, I vote out! No second thought. I want too help, and seeing that a little thing like taking a picture of a balance or not even taking the pic and placing stated ETA would had solved the whole thing. Anyway. I do accept your apology but I do not want you on RWI harassing our brothers and sisters. Period.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
I wasn't going to chime in but I feel the need too right now.

I love this community. People like you bring us down. Name calling and cursing and even in PM you are yelling like a little kid. I have one kid and that is enough. In all my time here I have never been disrespected. I may have been disagreed with, when I was wrong, I admitted it. When I was write I NEVER pushed it in their face. This is a family. You are the bad seed. If we vote, I vote out! No second thought. I want too help, and seeing that a little thing like taking a picture of a balance or not even taking the pic and placing stated ETA would had solved the whole thing. Anyway. I do accept your apology but I do not want you on RWI harassing our brothers and sisters. Period.

You are right. I am sorry for what I did. I just hope that I am given a second chance, to demonstrate that I have changed, and should I be a shitstain again, be served with an immediate ban. I may not deserve it, but I hope that the good mods of this forum see fit to give it to me(at some point). I am only 15, and while that is no excuse, we are all a bit stupid and make mistakes when we're 15. I know in my mind that you guys have changed me for the better, but I don't know if there is any way to demonstrate that to you. I absolutely chose the worst possible way to deal with my frustration, and I am sorry.

Reactions: bny107

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
For every action - a reaction

You made your crib lay in it

You have no place in this community.... nuff said

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
For every action - a reaction

You made your crib lay in it

You have no place in this community.... nuff said

Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance, though(besides the obvious, like muderers, rapists etc)? To prove that they may have changed like they keep insisting?

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I made my initial comment without knowing the age of the perp. I had made the mistake of assuming adulthood. I have sympathy for young people who make mistakes. Having 5 children ranging from 31 years old down to 6 years old, I have some experience and it is this experience I would like to bring to the table.
Having gone though many of the problems which can happen in children of all ages I have learned one big lesson. That is that people need , absolutely need, to feel the full effect of the consequences of their action, both positive and negative.
To forgive is fine. However the consequences of such action must apply, if not no lesson is learned, this is both bad for the community as a whole and bad for personwholikeswatches.
FWIW and IMHO a ban of considerable time should be applied for the benefit of all concerned. If not it would be a missed opportunity to actually help personwholikeswatches.

I hope I am not being impertinent putting in my oar in this way.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
I made my initial comment without knowing the age of the perp. I had made the mistake of assuming adulthood. I have sympathy for young people who make mistakes. Having 5 children ranging from 31 years old down to 6 years old, I have some experience and it is this experience I would like to bring to the table.
Having gone though many of the problems which can happen in children of all ages I have learned one big lesson. That is that people need , absolutely need, to feel the full effect of the consequences of their action, both positive and negative.
To forgive is fine. However the consequences of such action must apply, if not no lesson is learned, this is both bad for the community as a whole and bad for personwholikeswatches.
FWIW and IMHO a ban of considerable time should be applied for the benefit of all concerned. If not it would be a missed opportunity to actually help personwholikeswatches.

I hope I am not being impertinent putting in my oar in this way.

I would agree with you. If I got banned for 3-6 months, that would be justified. What I don't want to happen is for 18 or 21 year old me to return to this forum still unable to participate, because I got permanently banned for a mistake I made years ago. Thank you for the sympathy.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I would agree with you. If I got banned for 3-6 months, that would be justified. What I don't want to happen is for 18 or 21 year old me to return to this forum still unable to participate, because I got permanently banned for a mistake I made years ago. Thank you for the sympathy.

I am just a humble and relatively junior member here. The decision will be made by people with far greater experience than me.

Reactions: occb2

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
The state of junior is a noble and valuable state . It is not defined by the self but by those around you whom through the great strength of humility you judge to be senior. I am happy to be junior in auspicious company. It is from this position I will learn and benefit most.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackJ1980

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
The state of junior is a noble and valuable state . It is not defined by the self but by those around you who through the great strength of humility you judge to be senior. I am happy to be junior in auspicious company. It is from this position I will learn and benefit most.

Well, I am certainly junior to every member who has given me advice(and insults, though the insults were their own for of advice), and I think that makes said advice resonate better with me.

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
personwholikeswatches

Although I am far more active at RWI's sister forum, the general rules are the same at both. With that being said, your response to occb2 is by far the most disrespectful and uncalled for thing I have ever seen on the forums. As I said before, I don't believe a word you say about being "changed", or anything else you are spouting, and think this is a way of trying to weasel out of this situation. Let's unpack this in a very generalized way:

1. You say disgusting things to a respected moderator. This was brought on because you refused to follow existing forum rules, all the while this moderator offered help to get your sale in compliance. This in itself shows your lack of ability to follow simple directions.

2. You realize that insults alone aren't working, so you throw in some choice words about self harm. My guess is you hoped this would manipulate the mod into being more lenient with your rule breaking. While this didn't work, it really shows you will say anything in an attempt to get what you want. This is a big reason I don't believe any of this apology nonsense.

3. You get put in the bring (for good reason), and lose your VIP status. This puts a stop to your plans of selling off your watch, so you pretend to be a changed person over the course of a single day. To say this reeks of bullshit is an understatement. You then try to access the forum with a second account, showing you don't plan to follow any further rules.

I know you won't take any of this seriously, but what if your parents, or someone you looked up to, were to read your response to occb2? Would this be something that would surprise them, or would this be expected based on how you act in real life? You have a serious personality issue to be able to talk to others like this, and that doesn't get fixed in a day through some forum posts. You got caught and called out, and are now trying to manipulate others further with your damage control plan, and I don't believe anything has changed,

At the end of the day, you've done something staff could consider a bannable offense, and I hope that is the end result. If you were only temporarily removed, you would be back with the same shit after the ban was lifted, so I believe the only reasonable choice would be to permanently remove you from the forums to protect members. Actions have consequences, and you need to learn some things can't be taken back.

In short, good riddance.

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas

Well, I told you that you were gonna get your ass handed to you. I also asked that you not try so hard...it's very obvious and makes you look desperate.

I will not speak about what others are saying...especially staff. They have a right to say what they've said. Many of us are pretty tight knit here - some are just words on a screen, many of us know each other personally in real life.

I will speak on what I've said. You've got a lot of fence mending to do. We know you want out. It's not going to be tomorrow.

Just hang in there. It ain't over.