• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Entire line of APs from JF will be updated

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Steeper tachys just doesnt work for these APs. It looks horrible. If youre so obsessed with date window gap then build a franken.

Reactions: TheDonSL

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
if you follow some of the comments on this forum then you would never buy another rep lol people on here will tell you that the XF diver isn't good because the high beat movement is a "huge tell".

The worse guys are the ones who see that some noob bought a rep that they love and then proceeds to point out every single flaw on the watch even though their opinion was not sought. Now the noob is looking at his watch thinking its garbage.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Steeper tachys just doesnt work for these APs. It looks horrible. If youre so obsessed with date window gap then build a franken.

This.

TheDonSL Look at the times that JF hasn’t done anything in AP regard. What have they done? Released new 42/44s with different colours. And most of these, they fucked up too. Any grey dial, any peanut dial, I could go on. They already fail to reproduce any of these small parts that really take an idiot to screw up. You know me, I’ve never rocked stock APs and always went out of my way building frankens. So your last point is totally irrelevant.

And let’s be honest, modding these APs is a pain for both the modder and the owner. Can’t get gen like tachy appearance without spending 2k upwards.

If you ask me, JFs behaviour is best looked at at the GrandPrix. Take a minute and compare Noob v2 and JFs versions.

Exactly...

Reactions: MrBeasy

TheDonSL

28/12/13
This.

TheDonSL Look at the times that JF hasn’t done anything in AP regard. What have they done? Released new 42/44s with different colours. And most of these, they fucked up too. Any grey dial, any peanut dial, I could go on. They already fail to reproduce any of these small parts that really take an idiot to screw up. You know me, I’ve never rocked stock APs and always went out of my way building frankens. So your last point is totally irrelevant.

And let’s be honest, modding these APs is a pain for both the modder and the owner. Can’t get gen like tachy appearance without spending 2k upwards.

If you ask me, JFs behaviour is best looked at at the GrandPrix. Take a minute and compare Noob v2 and JFs versions.

Exactly...

The post wasn’t aimed at you brother, hope you didn’t think that. I def agree with your points as well especially on the grey dials, etc. yes it’s a pain to mod, but we do it instead of complaining. That’s all I’m saying. I think that even if JF did perfect colors and grey dials, etc, people will still find something to complain about.

Reactions: QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The post wasn’t aimed at you brother, hope you didn’t think that. I def agree with your points as well especially on the grey dials, etc. yes it’s a pain to mod, but we do it instead of complaining. That’s all I’m saying. I think that even if JF did perfect colors and grey dials, etc, people will still find something to complain about.

Of course, people here will always complain. Because we lads here are anal perfectionists. But JF's approach in all this is just beyond bad. If factories like XF wouldn't have surfaced with new datewheels etc., they wouldn't have changed anything yet and kept on releasing models with the old style dw and cyclops. It's a step in the right direction but merely a very baby step.

peterpl

24/7/11
IMHO us complaining provides a driver for the factories to improve their game. If not purely for sales volume and increased revenue of reselling the same watches to the same people - at least they get some constructive feedback on improvements. Whether they adapt and improve is another matter but without us complaining we would still be where we were when I first joined.

There has been some great improvements in recent years and I believe that the rep community has an influence in that.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Personally I don’t think the factories give a shit about the 2% (or so) of the international rep buyers market that is made up of replica watch forum members.

The remaining 98% of their watches will get sold no matter tachy gap or no tachy gap.

Hence no business case for them to invest in a new movement, new tachy design etc.

At the end of the day the factories are businesses not artists.

They won’t invest in ANY changes unless they think that there will be an appreciable return.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Personally I don’t think the factories give a shit about the 2% (or so) of the international rep buyers market that is made up of replica watch forum members.

I am positive that for high end rep makers like JF, the forums represent a lot more than 2% of their customer base...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I am positive that for high end rep makers like JF, the forums represent a lot more than 2% of their customer base...

Probably but I am just going (by memory) on what Angus once said somewhere.

The AP section on the forums is tiny.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
JF aka ARF is listing to the Rolex community atleast (ok maybe because Agnus from puretime was involved in the new subs :D)

arna67

Supporter
Certified
27/6/18
I get how everyone wants 100% gen. Don’t take this the wrong way please, believe me I want gen too, but I’m not as anal about the tachy or hand pinion, etc. I get it, do those mods along with everything else and it’s almost flawless.

What I don’t get is where everyone is wearing their watches that they are so afraid someone is going to call them out for the tachy or date wheel position or something else.

Take this story for example.. my buddy has a modded titanium Schumacher. I believe the only mod he did was the dial color. So, no cyclops, no date wheel, I don’t even think he changed the crystal, but I could be wrong on that. No hand pinion mod, no tachy shaving, no LWO, etc. He actually bumped into a Gen owner of the same titanium Schumacher. I know what you’re thinking, what are the chances right? Lol

Anyways, the gen owner was so impressed by the replica and cost and couldn’t believe how good it was. The gen owner didn’t even know to look for the hand pinion, dw position, or even dw font/size for that matter. The only thing the gen owner expressed in his emotion was feeling silly for spending so much money on a gen watch when the rep is nearly identical.

Here is a photo of their encounter below. The rep owner is a very famous member btw, perhaps someone has seen a previous post on this. Not sure if he went into this much detail as him and I did live when he told me the story.

4bb4aa5f5f5a113d447b5d6cc81ceaba.png

Here is my modded one for comparison with additional mods done.

e6928c3e5d8dd6ff206f4187fc26fa04.png
57e19c226c50b4a16992c30009458b1f.png

All I’m saying is I don’t understand how some people whether it’s noobs or long term members get that turned off by a watch that is released so close to the real thing for a fraction of the cost. It’s as if they feel JF owes them something they get so mad. Can JF fix it? Sure they can, but they may not want to for various reasons. If it upsets one so much, I don’t understand all the bitching and negative comments/complaining on various threads. Simply go out and buy the gen and don’t worry about what JF and China are doing in the rep world or set a plan or goal and mod to your satisfaction and enjoy the watch if you want it that badly.

The Sincere threads are a big example of this. Puretime and JF did an amazing job, sure there are flaws, but one can mod them and correct most if not all if they wanted to. I just don’t understand how some people say “the watch is not gen, I’m not buying it and cancelling my order” then go about knocking everyone else’s watch who is enjoying it so much. The accomplishments many members have achieved in this community are amazing and I am very grateful for that and RWI.

I just think some are being unrealistic and unfair expecting a $30,000 watch for $600 100% gen or they are upset. Instead of complaining, do something about it, remain positive and mod the watch or set a goal to save some money and buy the gen. The most successful people do not complain. Perhaps some can learn from this and look at what modders have accomplished in setting their goals and achieving them.

Just my two cents...

Really agree with u

Sent from the RWI App

TheDonSL

28/12/13
The factories do not care what we say and the rep community makes up less than 1-2% of buyers. Trust me, I know this for a fact that they do not care. Especially with AP because it’s not as popular. Rolex is king and will always be king because that’s what all amateurs know and want. That’s why perhaps they will listen a bit on that front.

All the whining and ungratefulness will get our community no where with the factories and people like Angus that try to help us. I’m not talking about people that are talking about ways to improve models and pointing things out in a respectful way. I’m referring to the people that whine in the end and don’t know any better expecting a perfect replica. These are either Noobs or just people that have been in the game for so long and constantly expect perfection when they’ve never gotten it. The buyer that tells the TD on QC that the diamonds on a BP datejust don’t look genuine and cancel their order are the clowns I am referring to...

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
We need a member to do for AP what TC did for Rolex. Cut the factories out and go solo....TC stylee.

Even now the factories cannot make 3D hands and hour surrounds like TCKH.

Imma email Ginault tonight and ask him to take on an AP project. Lol

watchtiger

22/11/16
Seems like the 2014 RG brick is back with a V2.

Initially I thought the dial seems more yellow now as opposed to it being more copper like in V1.

https://www.intime03.co/audemars-pi...jf-1-1-best-edition-on-rg-bracelet-a3126.html

However while looking at Puretime’s post it seems like its only the lighting from InTime that made it yellow.

https://puretime.io/ap2018070702.html

The RG bracelet is being sold as well, separately. It was out of stock for a while if I recall.

Anyone want to chime in on the dial?

TheDonSL

28/12/13

Initially I thought the dial seems more yellow now as opposed to it being more copper like in V1.

https://www.intime03.co/audemars-pi...jf-1-1-best-edition-on-rg-bracelet-a3126.html

However while looking at Puretime’s post it seems like its only the lighting from InTime that made it yellow.

The RG bracelet is being sold as well, separately. It was out of stock for a while if I recall.

Yes I saw that this morning. I may buy it if I can score the gen strap again. I saw a video on IG that showed the dial being very close to gen. I will try and find it and post it, but it was a while ago before this model went out of stock.

BIONONE

28/4/17

after all the real talk on previous pages - i totally agree with - i have to say i feel the change in a subtle way as the competition gets harder and harder (XF for example)

after years of re releasing wrong colors and the same flaws over and over again without changing the color for the paint mod - there seems to be that there are updates coming.

the dial color looks way better and maybe it is one of the newer batches - the one on PT could be an older dial with new DW and Cyclops... or it is really just the lighting as it was horrible on the combat 44mm too... (too salmon and pinkish/ peach colored)

this is a nice step in the right direction from JF IMHO (even if every AP rep has its flaws - i can totally live with it when there are no manufacturing errors like mismatching hands, lume color or sloppy assembly and dirt under the crystal etc. As long as you get what you pay for (yeah, we also pay for the flaws theirselves) we could buy the watches we like while saving money without dropping a couple grand

everything else regarding the flaws on reps and being too anal about them is already said by the Don himself.

BIONONE

28/4/17
i have high hopes for the dial being correct this time as the previous uploaded version years ago has this pink orange tone - which leads me to the thought that if the lighting conditions are still the same the dial could be really improved haha

lets see how it will work out under real light. Would be nice to see this "accuracy" of dial color on the next future releases of new models (and older refined models as well)

BIONONE

28/4/17
If JF moved the 7750 DW date print 1mm further into the center and moved the DW cut-out accordingly, no more DW position "tell."

I also thought about that in the past and wondered at the same moment - would it be possible to create a custom DW/DWO for the A7750 with the correct positioning and font and then add a gen dial on top of it? (additional to a custom sandwich plate to hold the cyclops)

or will there be complications regarding the sub dial hands and their spacing?

beside the fact that the movement feed of the gen dial have to be cut...

even if it would be still a compromise in the end - i liked the thought haha

watchtiger

22/11/16
Yes I saw that this morning. I may buy it if I can score the gen strap again. I saw a video on IG that showed the dial being very close to gen. I will try and find it and post it, but it was a while ago before this model went out of stock.

Please do post the vid here! Thanks bud