• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received my V9 Noob 116610 from InTime (pics inside)

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
I understand what you're saying but being honest, I did my research and still struggle to identify the differences between some. Fact of the matter is, paying for a V9 and receiving a V8 is disappointing, even if it is down to my own lack of awareness.

However, I'm still happy with it and for that, here's a pic.... Lol

vfZ0CzP.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's a beauty mate... don't worry about V8/V9/Vxx... Enjoy it!

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
And another....

vHChCot.jpg

its a beauty and for the price its great! didnt have to spend $7K . An expert with a trained eye would agree too. Enjoy it buddy. I ordered one from Ryan V9 Noob on 2836. Waiting on the QC pics. I have the real deal. but i work as construction contractor. Im sure my guys wont be able to tell if Im wearing the real or a rep. Cant wait to get it and compare hand in hand

hellseekerx

28/5/18
La Jolla California
That's a beauty mate... don't worry about V8/V9/Vxx... Enjoy it!

Hahaha...yer funny. you're driving all the picky experts wild. Enjoy it for what it is , a good replica, if you get as picky as the experts just purchase the real thing and sleep better at night. Its a hobby looking for the holy grail of a perfect rep. It is exciting at times.

jembediah

Renowned Member
20/5/14
cyclops and dwo looks pretty bad ? i really hope they will release the no date

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
Hahaha...yer funny. you're driving all the picky experts wild. Enjoy it for what it is , a good replica, if you get as picky as the experts just purchase the real thing and sleep better at night. Its a hobby looking for the holy grail of a perfect rep. It is exciting at times.

That's it... Enjoy it for what it is... ;)

charlieuk!

19/3/18
I understand what you're saying but being honest, I did my research and still struggle to identify the differences between some. Fact of the matter is, paying for a V9 and receiving a V8 is disappointing, even if it is down to my own lack of awareness.

vfZ0CzP.jpg

Mate, looking at the lugs in this pic, appears the same as the dealers QC V9 pics. Nice watch!

hellseekerx

28/5/18
La Jolla California
Mate, looking at the lugs in this pic, appears the same as the dealers QC V9 pics. Nice watch!

The watch is perfectly fine for you to enjoy and people who see it on you. Unless you are trying to do something shady like selling it on line for original then yeah you should be picky and take care of all the minimal flaws that only a con man, horologist , people with trained eyes can notice.. Other that that its a very nice piece.

Reactions: Watchk and d.brocke

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular
It's a shame that the trusted dealers do not know the distinguish differences from the v8 from v9, have someone themselves for QC to check from the manufacturers (hire Smoke, Occb, or Quetip), and then list them as a version that is incorrect. It looks like the run of the true v9 was only for a week or so, then the forum was getting hit with a lot of v8's. What I for see is that those who do not like their v8ish/v9, will have a receipt from trusted dealers stating it is a v9, and the snow ball keeps rolling down hill. I am sure this has happened before on some previous versions but I think feedback needs to go back to the trusted dealers as they go back to their suppliers or at least list them for their true version stock.

I know absolutely nothing of any of the newer 6 digit models but I have to agree with you ( to a point ) in that TD's "should" be able to distiguish one version from the next.
But it's not that easy because it's likely they're never "certain" what they're going to get when they fill the order: hence the opinion " it's the lottery" on certain versions.

I think it's more of a "luck of the draw" than it is a TD not actually knowing, which is why the forum is chocked full of threads like this one.
I'm always impressed and amazed when I see guys the likes of smoke, occb2 QueTip tripdog and others that not only possess the knowledge and experience to determine one version from the next simply by pics but never seem to mind sharing it with others.

And congrats on your recent acquisition kevyo89 .....she's a beauty :)

Reactions: Watchk

synbad

11/5/18
No recourse bro you asked me to roast it.you would have enjoyed it if you had not posted it and asked opinions on the watch.also tds say the v9 and v9 are the same. And every single td can't see any diffence. So you will have issues trying to convince your td that the watch is not correct.pluss you green lighted the qc pics.

This is what my TD told me: "3135 version call V9, 2836 version call V8, V8 have two kinds: 904ss and 316ss.
V8 is same with V9, just TD call it different version. "
yes, SA3135 904ss call V9; 316ss and 904ss A2836 call V8. some TDs also call 904ss A2836 V9. they just use different ss. other details is same."

Honestly I think there are very few who can understand the "real" differences. @Smoke: it would be an honor for me, if I can send you my next QC :)

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
And another....

vHChCot.jpg

Shocked look at the angle of the lugs .can't belive this is the same watch as on page 1

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

vfZ0CzP.jpg

Looks 100 percent better here than on page 1

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
If you had posted these 2 pics in the first place this thread would not be long..pics on page 1 are terrible.and the lugs are not visable and the sel looks weird.these 2 pics are like a tottaly diffent sub .sel still flush though.if this was mine I would put the arf braclett on this to get recessed sel to go with the nice lug shape.as you got unlucky with the sel

Last edited:

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
If you had posted these 2 pics in the first place this thread would not be long..pics on page 1 are terrible.and the lugs are not visable and the sel looks weird.these 2 pics are like a tottaly diffent sub .sel still flush though.if this was mine I would put the arf braclett on this to get recessed sel to go with the nice lug shape.as you got unlucky with the sel
Lol! Sorry for the shit pics

Where do I source the ARF bracelet? What about a new crystal? Any suggestions?

CryptoKingKoopa

Looking Around
5/6/18
Haha, those first pics did make it look jacked. That last pic looks 1000% better.
Enjoy it!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Lol! Sorry for the shit pics

Where do I source the ARF bracelet? What about a new crystal? Any suggestions?

U can buy xtal from me.braclett you get from your td