• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received my V9 Noob 116610 from InTime (pics inside)

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
I recently ordered a V9 sub on a 2636 just a couple days ago with Ryaan from intime. I will surely check the qc pics and everything else i have learned here about reps. if pointed anything I dont like will Ryan look for another rep>?

Last edited:

joyjoyk

Known Member
10/3/18
I honestly think its a lottery with the Noobs, hence my decision to go for the ARF since I am never going to mod this anyway... see occb2's excellent reviews in the noob v9 thread.
Regardless v8/v9 both are beautiful watches. No one on the street will be able to tell unless you are lucky/unlucky to meet smoke et al.! Don't think the run of the mill AD dealer would be able to tell too unless they take open the case back

Reactions: lorenzo1910

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
I recently ordered a V9 sub on a 2636 just a couple days ago with Ryaan from intime. I will surely check the qc pics and everything else i have learned here about reps. if pointed anything I dont like will Ryan look for another rep>?

Up to a point, yes. If you have a specific issue that is reasonable (like it's a V8 instead of a V9), you can point that out and they should pick another one. But they won't necessarily go looking for one that fixes your specific issue. Instead, they will just pick another and it's another dice roll for you as the customer. But all the TDs will refund you if they can't find one you accept.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
OK, fair enough.... I can't argue with that as I did give it the green light. I'm not disappointed either way tbh... Still a nice watch but I'm glad you've been able to shed a light on some things.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's a shame that the trusted dealers do not know the distinguish differences from the v8 from v9, have someone themselves for QC to check from the manufacturers (hire Smoke, Occb, or Quetip), and then list them as a version that is incorrect. It looks like the run of the true v9 was only for a week or so, then the forum was getting hit with a lot of v8's. What I for see is that those who do not like their v8ish/v9, will have a receipt from trusted dealers stating it is a v9, and the snow ball keeps rolling down hill. I am sure this has happened before on some previous versions but I think feedback needs to go back to the trusted dealers as they go back to their suppliers or at least list them for their true version stock.

Bozrep

Known Member
2/7/15
I can’t understand why it’s so hard to get the sel and lugs right. I have an old and cheap V2 that a) has a great but simple movement and b) has better sel and lug than the flat V7/8. Sometimes I think when you work the time some members here spend at the forum you can buy a gen from the money you earned. (I know it’s a hobby to create the best rep) The Chinese factories will never make the ideal rep, they are illegal and not well organized.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
I would be a bit pissed off if I asked for V9 and got a V8. I am putting my trust in a trusted dealer..

hellseekerx

28/5/18
La Jolla California
Up to a point, yes. If you have a specific issue that is reasonable (like it's a V8 instead of a V9), you can point that out and they should pick another one. But they won't necessarily go looking for one that fixes your specific issue. Instead, they will just pick another and it's another dice roll for you as the customer. But all the TDs will refund you if they can't find one you accept.
Thanks for the information..

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
I would be a bit pissed off if I asked for V9 and got a V8. I am putting my trust in a trusted dealer..

Plenty of trusted dealers will give you the wrong thing. You have to examine your QC pics carefully, not matter where you buy. Good luck!

GodlyAntonio

Horology Curious
26/4/18
I can’t understand why it’s so hard to get the sel and lugs right. I have an old and cheap V2 that a) has a great but simple movement and b) has better sel and lug than the flat V7/8. Sometimes I think when you work the time some members here spend at the forum you can buy a gen from the money you earned. (I know it’s a hobby to create the best rep) The Chinese factories will never make the ideal rep, they are illegal and not well organized.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

well most memembers who have big collections could buy one or two of the gen of those reps they do have, its like why own a veyron hen you can have a collection of cheaper cars instead?

CHEMICALMAN

20/7/17
I just ordered a VRF from Ryan-as he said the noobs are out of stock. What are the pro opinions here about the VRF’s? And OP- beautiful watch! Enjoy it. At the end of the day-Doesn’t matter what V it is ...what matters is how it looks OTW

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Plenty of trusted dealers will give you the wrong thing. You have to examine your QC pics carefully, not matter where you buy. Good luck!

Well then we need to take the word trusted out of the trusted dealer! ....some of us are not good to pick up the subtle differences between the diff versions.

Reactions: tedit

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
Well then we need to take the word trusted out of the trusted dealer! ....some of us are not good to pick up the subtle differences between the diff versions.
I agree.... I put my 'trust' in the TDs to deliver exactly what I am purchasing so yeah, if this is actually a V8, then I cannot say I'm not slightly irritated because like many, I don't have the knowledge to identify based on the QC images.

However, I am still happy with it and wear it with pride so I'll live and learn for the next purchase. ????

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I'm sorry but the dealers are just middle men. They can't learn a million and one different models. If you're buying a watch then do your research, putting all your trust in the dealer is just plain stupid IMO. It takes barely any time to read up and learn for the one watch you want to buy. For them why would they learn every single model?! Trusted refers to their processes and their after care. They know the movements and they can tell the quality but knowing the difference between v8 and v9, well look even the trained eyes here are struggling a little especially when the plastic is still on. All the factory say is 'newest version'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
I understand what you're saying but being honest, I did my research and still struggle to identify the differences between some. Fact of the matter is, paying for a V9 and receiving a V8 is disappointing, even if it is down to my own lack of awareness.

However, I'm still happy with it and for that, here's a pic.... Lol

vfZ0CzP.jpg

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
And another....

vHChCot.jpg

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I just ordered a VRF from Ryan-as he said the noobs are out of stock. What are the pro opinions here about the VRF’s? And OP- beautiful watch! Enjoy it. At the end of the day-Doesn’t matter what V it is ...what matters is how it looks OTW

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

VRF is in a lower league than the ARF or noob v8/9. You should learn patience.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
kevyo89 Your point and pics say it all. It would be ideal to get the latest and greatest, and it can be frustrating to have to do so much research to get it. But the reality is that most modern reps look amazing out of the box, and your is no exception. I would wear it and enjoy it, and only consider the small flaws a reason to keep pursuing this weird hobby and extending the dialog with this great community of like-minded people.

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
kevyo89 Your point and pics say it all. It would be ideal to get the latest and greatest, and it can be frustrating to have to do so much research to get it. But the reality is that most modern reps look amazing out of the box, and your is no exception. I would wear it and enjoy it, and only consider the small flaws a reason to keep pursuing this weird hobby and extending the dialog with this great community of like-minded people.
Absolutely, thanks mate