• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New XF Pam 024 incoming

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
As Chopperharris75 stated bluish AR isn't wrong for the C-series. Colorless AR only started to be introduced in the mid-2000s. How blue the AR should be would be difficult to ascertain without the gen 024C side by side to compare..

I’ll dig out my Gen 025D crystal and try and take a pic as a means of comparison. Of course as it’s from a D serial it’s likely they’ll be some variation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I’ll dig out my Gen 025D crystal and try and take a pic as a means of comparison. Of course as it’s from a D serial it’s likely they’ll be some variation...

That'd be cool. Although it wouldn't exactly be a 1:1 comparison, I guess just taking a picture in relatively similar studio lighting would at least give us a pretty good idea.

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
That'd be cool. Although it wouldn't exactly be a 1:1 comparison, I guess just taking a picture in relatively similar studio lighting would at least give us a pretty good idea.

Hi
a309b7158aed910008573f8387a5ad9f.jpg

Pic attached as promised but due to the crap UK weather I couldn’t get a decent AR shot. If you look at the bottom edge you’ll see the colour of the hue. It is more subtle on the Gen crystal than the one on my V1 024C but the colour is accurate. The rep crystal, which I assume is the same on this V2, is good though - very clear.

Cheers

Reactions: ZoomBoy

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I think the simplicity of the watch and Panerai using a 7750 movement makes these a great buy in rep form. I wanted a gen 024A as well (just so nice) but can't fathom the used market pricing on them. Ultimately you're getting a watch from a brand that is out of the limelight now, and a generic ETA movement. The reps are so close now its incredible.

I also have 2 DSN power reserve models that scratch the itch for me buying an gen Pams in the future, save the PAM233.

233 is my favorite pam, and the 090 as well. There is a dead 233 at Noob boss's house with a broken movement beyond repair when they attempt to clone it...

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
233 is my favorite pam, and the 090 as well. There is a dead 233 at Noob boss's house with a broken movement beyond repair when they attempt to clone it...

Didn't know they'd even attempt the in-house movement from the 233. Would be interesting if they repped it though!

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Didn't know they'd even attempt the in-house movement from the 233. Would be interesting if they repped it though!

Would be nice yeah, but Noob is only doing Rolex lately. Maybe VSF will try...

There was a post on watchbus about the PR Pam's about a year ago, so I still hope for a 090 too!

Grimlocktime

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
Would be interested to see pictures of the actual watch in hand. Looks to be improved compared to the previous V6F version.

this appears to be identical to the V6F. It looks like V6 and XF are the same as Angus was saying puretime

Grimlocktime

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
Would be nice yeah, but Noob is only doing Rolex lately. Maybe VSF will try...

There was a post on watchbus about the PR Pam's about a year ago, so I still hope for a 090 too!

Noob is getting destroyed in the Rolex game by ARF. I really wish they would come back to Panerai.

Reactions: phdsjain

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Noob is getting destroyed in the Rolex game by ARF. I really wish they would come back to Panerai.

I, for one, would welcome their return although the intention of the new owners were to focus on the Rolex reps instead of the Panerai ones. I'm not even sure why they needed to do this, JF does AP while it does Rolex (as ARF), XF does other brands as well while releasing PAMs under their factory or under its sister VSF factory banner. Maybe they needed to recoup the investment buying the factory first, and then eventually come back to what made them a rep household name, Mr. Creme dela Creme. Maybe the return of the PAM127 is a sign? We can only hope. :)

Grimlocktime

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
I, for one, would welcome their return although the intention of the new owners were to focus on the Rolex reps instead of the Panerai ones. I'm not even sure why they needed to do this, JF does AP while it does Rolex (as ARF), XF does other brands as well while releasing PAMs under their factory or under its sister VSF factory banner. Maybe they needed to recoup the investment buying the factory first, and then eventually come back to what made them a rep household name, Mr. Creme dela Creme. Maybe the return of the PAM127 is a sign? We can only hope. :)

No one... and I mean NO ONE made Panerai 6497 or 775X based reps as well as Noob.

V6/KW/XF: inconsistent quailty and slightly off CG and case shapes
HF: old cartel based case design with a high bezel rim and average QC
Noob: clean, great quality control, 100% gen compatible parts and honestly I need to be very careful when building watches that I don't get them mixed up with the genuine Panerai parts. It is very difficult to tell. There is so much left for noob to do!

puretime
Angus, we need to get Mr. Creme de la Creme back in the game with a vintage line. Can you image the rebirth of the Power Reserve watches?
PAM027, PAM028, PAM057 from noob?
or even a some of the old legendary submersibles like the 64 or 87
How about the PAM001 or PAM004 A Series with tritium lume?

with today's production standards, those reps would be absolutely incredible. I'd love to advise on them too:)

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
No one... and I mean NO ONE made Panerai 6497 or 775X based reps as well as Noob.

V6/KW/XF: inconsistent quailty and slightly off CG and case shapes
HF: old cartel based case design with a high bezel rim and average QC
Noob: clean, great quality control, 100% gen compatible parts and honestly I need to be very careful when building watches that I don't get them mixed up with the genuine Panerai parts. It is very difficult to tell. There is so much left for noob to do!

puretime
Angus, we need to get Mr. Creme de la Creme back in the game with a vintage line. Can you image the rebirth of the Power Reserve watches?
PAM027, PAM028, PAM057 from noob?
or even a some of the old legendary submersibles like the 64 or 87
How about the PAM001 or PAM004 A Series with tritium lume?

with today's production standards, those reps would be absolutely incredible. I'd love to advise on them too:)

+1
025A for me please :)
60c4b6a6d77972aeec97c5a457077208.jpg

Grimlocktime

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
We can only hope for V6/XF to produce a 25. They will not be able to keep them in stock.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I heard Davidsen was planning to do a 025, after the 024. But it was derailed by the movement project. I wonder what he's working on now.

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
I heard Davidsen was planning to do a 025, after the 024. But it was derailed by the movement project. I wonder what he's working on now.

His old 025 was nice but suffered from the same case accuracy issues as his other subs. Good quality though. I hope he does get back in the game as he did some really cool old models.

Excuse my ignorance but what movement project was/is he working on?

Cheers

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
His old 025 was nice but suffered from the same case accuracy issues as his other subs. Good quality though. I hope he does get back in the game as he did some really cool old models.

Excuse my ignorance but what movement project was/is he working on?

Cheers

Oh, it was nothing groundbreaking or anything. Just the Rolex 618 movement. :whistle:
yskIAv4.png