• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
V3
ECEA0_D24_C6_FF_40_F7_AE5_E_EEC4_B0_EDE182.jpg

D122_CB01_4_F1_F_4_B59_8733_1_DEBFDB509_C1.jpg

jakekrait

19/1/17
V3 for reference.

Your input is much appreciated!

I think the squares look identical/very similar:

https://imgur.com/a/aCmMh

How do you explain the corrected logo font? Do we have a v3 and v3.1 with different squares or am I just being paranoid and all those watches are v3? I mean why would a reputable dealer claim a watch was v3 when it actually wasn’t?

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Hey everyone! I just ordered this 15400 and as per Toro is V3 which I highly doubt, here is my dial QC pic..
d3677e098a4550534b9bb5c4bc4c9440.jpg

I have seen from other member this pic yesterday, the text box of the brand has smaller bezels on the side.. what should I do?
7a3574a637a970919342eb61d93aae76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Nivka

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
On the other hand and as my friend advised the bezel screws are nicely recessed so maybe this what matters more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jakekrait

19/1/17
I have also ordered from toro. I think my watch is indeed v3 as the logo box and font width seems to be correct. I asked him several times if it was v3 and also if it was the latest v3 (he confirmed both and I believe him). However your QC does indeed look like it still has the old logo box and narrower spacing between the letters. Maybe torobravo can clarify so we can buy with confidence.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I have also ordered from toro. I think my watch is indeed v3 as the logo box and font width seems to be correct. I asked him several times if it was v3 and also if it was the latest v3 (he confirmed both and I believe him). However your QC does indeed look like it still has the old logo box and narrower spacing between the letters. Maybe torobravo can clarify so we can buy with confidence.
Thank you for your reply, let's see if he can get me a V3 then...

Ease

Horology Curious
4/10/16
Just contacted Toro for a 15400 with blue dial on SS before placing an order.

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Is the blue one in v3 all ready available ? Or is the v2j good enough?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Are there any other substantial improvements I’m missing out on?
V3 has different shape of the tapseries and the writing is wider but other issues i would accept it. Not a "bad" one.

The golden one in the first pic is v2.

Got these QC pics from Toro. He says it's a V3.
IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2456_zoom.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

Also a V2 (the dial atleast).

Looks like JF V3 is now with old V2 Dials? Because they ran out of stock and go to the old supplier again? Because a lot of V2's here are sold as V3 this cant be just an "mistake" seems more like JF just changed the dial to V2 again.

Edit: I meant the Blue One a page before seems like i messed up the quoting whatsa pretty interesting is that the white version has a "long" writing instead of "short" like the previous V2.

Last edited:

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
V3 has different shape of the tapseries and the writing is wider but other issues i would accept it. Not a "bad" one.

Looks like JF V3 is now with old V2 Dials? Because they ran out of stock and go to the old supplier again? Because a lot of V2's here are sold as V3 this cant be just an "mistake" seems more like JF just changed the dial to V2 again.

Edit: I meant the Blue One a page before seems like i messed up the quoting whatsa pretty interesting is that the white version has a "long" writing instead of "short" like the previous V2.

My source said only black dials are new.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us

@Tigerdragon Are you sure mine (rose gold with white dial - post #97) is a JF V3 besides for the dial? The crown looks a bit strange to me, like the AP logo is not centered on the crown head. Could this be a BP?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
V1, V2, V3, Vetc. are false matters of marketing convenience, whereas the supply chain is constantly shifting with leaps back and forward. Forums will invite you to plunge into the obsessive micro analysis, participate in the collective halluci-discourse, feel the warmth of the coiled neurosis incubator. My advice: Look for case/bezel/dial alignment and the quality of the screw heads. The dial can be swapped later.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
@Tigerdragon Are you sure mine (rose gold with white dial - post #97) is a JF V3 besides for the dial? The crown looks a bit strange to me, like the AP logo is not centered on the crown head. Could this be a BP?

Its a V3 except the dial yeah the crown problem was always there. Some are more centered some are not.

@walkingcloud

Nice looking V3 :)

@HansNfranZZZ

Blue was first updated, black i dont know actually. But at the blue dial you can spot the differences pretty easy (Tapseries are different, better minute printing and AP writing is complete in the box).

@slaughterer62

+1 very true. Atleast the TDs know from what watch we are talking about :D

thewatchnewb

Known Member
29/10/17
anyone had a good experience with any specific black V3 from a certain TD? I'm trying to pinpoint down one to buy from.