• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

Esmatt2012

25/10/12
Raul from Sunset Watch Repair just charged me $10 for a crown problem with my 6497. Others wanted $250 for repair. His phone number is 213-250-9032. Address is 1385 W Sunset Los Angeles CA 90026. He was also recommended by a member here.

Esmatt2012

25/10/12
Raul at Watch Repair Master in Los Angeles California
http://www.watchrepairmaster.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/watch-repair-master-los-angeles-4

I was looking for a rep friendly watch smith to fix my ETA. I came upon this place looking through his Yelp reviews. He is located a block off Dodger Stadium. I was a little unsure since the reviews were mainly about chaning straps and batteries so I wasn't sure if he worked on more complex movements. However, based on his reviews, he seemed like a really honest and caring guy so I decided to try him out.

I told him upfront that it was an asian clone movement of the ETA. He looked at it and was very enthusiastic. We talked about watches and replicas for about 10 minutes. He quoted me a really good price and also stated that it came with 1 year warranty without taking it apart and looking at it. I left the movement with him (I had no movement case) and he said that it would be done in a week.

He called me a week later and told me that the movement was ready. He said that there was a jewel missing near the yoke and that based on our agreement it would still be the same quoted price. When I went to pick it up, he went into further detail and, knowing that I am getting into fixing my own watches, gave me some tips and showed me some of his gear. I also asked if he did water testing and he said that he has all the equipment for watches. He also was working on a huge clock (standing, not wall) when I went in and he told me that fixes all different types of clocks and watches.

I highly recommend Raul. I have had a hard time finding a good and honest watchmaker in LA with reasonable prices and I finally found him.

Hello there buddy,

Thanks for your recommendation. I had a crown issue with a 6497 movement. Raul charged me $10 when others wanted $100 to $250. He is a RESOURCE for folks in LA and San Fernando Valley. I drove from Santa Clarita Valley to see him but well worth it. He is honest good man.

Markie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/16
Raul from Sunset Watch Repair just charged me $10 for a crown problem with my 6497. Others wanted $250 for repair. His phone number is 213-250-9032. Address is 1385 W Sunset Los Angeles CA 90026. He was also recommended by a member here.
Do you think he'd let me send a watch in for repair? I'm across the country. Going to give a call on Monday!

salendersmith

Looking Around
2/3/17
I recently had visited a Watch Repair shop for strap change of my watch. I didn't like anyone of the strap so now Was anyone here help in suggesting some sites where i could get some straps.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Great going on the watch repair guy [Raul] on Sunset ave. here in Los Angeles ! I will pay him a visit when I am in the area. Los Angeles being the rep Capital of the US, he most likely has a lot of customers. Viva Raul !! Even movie stars I would guess come to him. [yes Mr. Watson, movie stars and aspiring ones do wear Reps while signing autographs on Sunset Ave] Thanks for the tip !! [It is awfully hard to find guys here who do work on Reps.] Most are snubs who work only on Gens !!

Airbusguy

14/6/16
That's a good thread! I have a rolex that needs servicing..anybody from Hong kong knows where I can find a watchsmith that works with reps?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
he is a supporting vendor now over on RG called saving-time. ive used them for a service on my hbb, they did a brilliant job

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a decent watchsmith in London that could service an SA3135 please? I can't find this "Saving-Time" guy anywhere (appreciate the post is from 2014, though...). I'd love to drop my DJ at some point to get it serviced, as that SA3135 isn't very inspiring in terms of reliability.

Thanks so much!

Ty123

Looking Around
22/4/17
Newbie on here. If anyone has a watchsmith in London please PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Webbage

19/4/13
Does anyone have anyone in the UK who could service a DJ2 for me? I'll be willing to post it.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Check with ado213 to see if he can help. I know he's in the UK. Over on rwg there's UK watch repair. No idea on if they are good. Domi and zocker are in Germany. Just a few contacts to try. the noob SA is not really serviceable as parts are not readily available, you will be better to get a serviced Yuki installed or get a Yuki and have it serviced and a gen autowind bridge installed.

hotassing

Horology Curious
27/10/10
Hi All,
Can anyone recommend a watch ban repair in the New York Brooklyn or close? I have a Tag Aquaracer 500m hubnail dial and my stainless steel bracelet needs repair to the pins at the dial and on the clasp. Please help if you can or recommend a trusted repair person that will accept shipping? Thanx in advance

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
Took your advice and made a couple calls locally. Sure enough one small shop said sure, bring it in, he'd love the chance to open one up. No charge to just take a look. So thanks for the info. You get 2 Attaboys:)

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation Esmatt. I'll have to call up Raul and see if he can freeze the 6 o'clock dial on my Speedmaster MOTM watch. It's good to have someone local to do the repair. I used to live on Sunset years ago, so it would also be a great drive on the weekend and go have lunch at my favorite Pho and Thai restaurant again.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hi there,

Does anyone know of a decent watchsmith in London that could service an SA3135 please? I can't find this "Saving-Time" guy anywhere (appreciate the post is from 2014, though...). I'd love to drop my DJ at some point to get it serviced, as that SA3135 isn't very inspiring in terms of reliability.

Thanks so much!

Just to reply to myself, I followed one member's recommendation and went with ROLIE at our sister forum (http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showuser=11931) and couldn't be happier with the results. Really fast service, good price and communications were really fast and precise. I'd recommend him 100%