• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
I didn't mean to suggest his parts were over priced. Just that I didn't yet feel the need to upgrade from a bracelet v5 to v6 for the price. I have to get digital calipers first to measure my lugs. Any suggestion on a caliper? I've seen a variety for about $20 that measure to 0.01mm.

Just came in the mail three hours ago.

Nice!!!

And re: calipers... it's always handy to have a set. I got the iGaging set of amzn. But for a bracelet, i'd just get the larger size and lightly sand the endlinks down if you need to.

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
Nice!!!

And re: calipers... it's always handy to have a set. I got the iGaging set of amzn. But for a bracelet, i'd just get the larger size and lightly sand the endlinks down if you need to.

You can get a good enough pair of digital calipers at Lowes(in the US) for under $30. Good enough for measuring lugs. I use them for reloading ammo and they work great(batteries don't last long though).

Rolexx

Renowned Member
21/1/15
Thinking of putting a prof 2AR crystal on my Tc. I know it would be incorrect but the dial would POP with that crystal. Anyone done this to theirs??

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
Let us know please because after half a day with this cloudy cyclops I'm about ready to get a gen ar'd crystal

Here is one on a sub c hulk that he just sold
3309409df1de4c0ac0fd720db34986e1.jpg

4d187b207acbc6da9427d0241ebd8727.jpg

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
But I'll compare mine next to a gen ar xtal on my other watch.
What's the difference between his and gen with ar'd cyclops? His has ar on inside and outside? Rolex just on inside and under the cyclops? Of course rolex would have LEC and his wouldnt

Rolexx

Renowned Member
21/1/15
What's the difference between his and gen with ar'd cyclops? His has ar on inside and outside? Rolex just on inside and under the cyclops? Of course rolex would have LEC and his wouldnt

His has AR on the whole crystal, while Rolex only on cyclop.

@ Garyb

That hulk is what inspired me. Make sure to post pics when yours is done!

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Let us know please because after half a day with this cloudy cyclops I'm about ready to get a gen ar'd crystal

Get a gen crystal B25-295-CAR-C1 and then send it to misiekped for work. Double AR sounds like there'd be AR on the outside of the crystal which would be prone to scratches...

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Get a gen crystal B25-295-CAR-C1 and then send it to misiekped for work. Double AR sounds like there'd be AR on the outside of the crystal which would be prone to scratches...
Agreed. AR on the outside equal pain in the ass. Gen crystal equals have the price of the tc .

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
This is his discription of the process. None of his AP customers are complaining. Anyway, at less then half of a gen I bought one and I'll take one for the team.

0f54129a0d5a0dcdfbe4627aa88ecd48.jpg

c9d336258d1935219560cb03cf56fca1.jpg

The only thing we do here is the manufacture and double anti-reflective coating of sapphire crystals. We don't deal with mineral crystals and we only offer the best double AR coating available. The sapphire crystals are processed using a proprietary mix of layer materials though a physical vapour deposition process with multiple layers to create maximum destructive interference creating a crystal with reflectivity properties in the visible range of less than .4%. The coating process is done in a laboratory in the United States that primarily performs optical coating for scientific lasers. We have a variety of Audemars and Hublot double AR crystals in stock. We can also provide a service to have your crystals coated with the same coating materials and process, but we can only provide that service when we are sending a large batch for coating, and that is about once every 2 months or so. We can also provide genuine Swiss or German sapphire crystals in certain limited sizes on that same bi-monthly schedule

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Yeah, it looks really good!!!

And it seems to be colorless.. It'd look really good on a TC for sure.

Prof also supplies the base crystal to be coated also?

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13

I bought the whole thing but you can send him yours and he will coat it too for less $$.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

That looks unbelievable. Need to hear how the black whole effect is. That's the important part for me
I bought the whole thing but you can send him yours and he will coat it too for less $$.