• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

CaptainShibal

30/1/16
Hey, thanks for your comments!!

After discovering this site, I felt confident ordering my first replica.

After posting my qc pics and getting prompt responses, I felt confident ordering my second replica already. Added a Rolex Sub Noob V5 to my order!

Care to see the qc pics for the sub? Just not sure if I should post it on here..

Thanks again, Steel and ALE!

Veuzu

20/7/14
You have already got the answer in another thread
Duplicating the post doesn't improve the pics

ALE

It was almost at same time (saw later the 111 thread, I had decide quickly), the pictures are different (made by iPad), tried to make better quality.
Anyway, sorry for duplicating.

[MENTION=45652]iphone[/MENTION] Tapatalk

Bsykes

Horology Curious
11/1/16
Can someone help me identify the version of the watch here?
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32511385503.html

Due to the price, I'm inclined to believe that it is the same watch sold by TS for $200. According to the pictures, it has the Y-inclabloc mod which is consistent with the "V3 with Y-inclobloc mod" that TS is selling right. My eyes aren't trained enough to spot the other "tells".

The seller on Aliexpress is just as clueless and was only able to tell me that it is the "best version".

Zeinharis

I'm Pretty Popular
17/1/16
Can someone help me identify the version of the watch here?
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32511385503.html

Due to the price, I'm inclined to believe that it is the same watch sold by TS for $200. According to the pictures, it has the Y-inclabloc mod which is consistent with the "V3 with Y-inclobloc mod" that TS is selling right. My eyes aren't trained enough to spot the other "tells".

The seller on Aliexpress is just as clueless and was only able to tell me that it is the "best version".

That is not the "newest" pam 111 with Y-incabloc. I'm guessing that is the V3

Perhaps other can chime in

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It seems a standard old V3 without, even with old V3 crystal, without Y-incabloc modd

ALE

CaptainShibal

30/1/16
Got my PAM111 today and I am impressed.
However, after winding it up and looking at the back to see the micrometric screw that was in question, I am somewhat surprised.

Just me or is the micrometric screw not there anymore?

a07w3o.jpg

261m3o6.jpg

shibaljaji:

You have received what you have ordered a "new" "V4" with V3 case and crown and movement with modified Y-Incabloc
For the price it is very correct and a true bargain, but not at all a complete new V4

As above commented you should tighten the micrometric screw to touch the dagger to get a more correct cosmetic accuracy (just cosmetic)

ALE

shoes

19/8/14
It's gone..... Maybe it was never there or has dropped out during shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainShibal

30/1/16
shibaljaji:

You have received what you have ordered a "new" "V4" with V3 case and crown and movement with modified Y-Incabloc
For the price it is very correct and a true bargain, but not at all a complete new V4

As above commented you should tighten the micrometric screw to touch the dagger to get a more correct cosmetic accuracy (just cosmetic)

ALE

If the screw came lose during shipping, wouldn't it come lose again?

shoes

19/8/14
Looks like you need to get the back off and then carefully take it out. Watch will work without it or u can try putting it back in. I suspect the screw is too small for the hole and so fell out [emoji34]

steelrain45

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/16
If the screw came lose during shipping, wouldn't it come lose again?

If the micro-metric screw is tightened in and touching the dagger, with the swan neck spring pushing the dagger from the opposite side, the screw should stay in place. Unless the hole for the micro-metric screw is too big or without any threading in there.

CaptainShibal

30/1/16
Looks like you need to get the back off and then carefully take it out. Watch will work without it or u can try putting it back in. I suspect the screw is too small for the hole and so fell out [emoji34]

If the micro-metric screw is tightened in and touching the dagger, with the swan neck spring pushing the dagger from the opposite side, the screw should stay in place. Unless the hole for the micro-metric screw is too big or without any threading in there.

Thanks for the comments. Tried to take the back off but realized the watch was running again. Now, I don't know where the screw went. Can't see it anywhere visible, so it must have fell inside the movement. Will it be easily spotted if I take the caseback off?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
No big problem
Remove caseback
Take the screw out carefully
Put the screw in its hole and tight until touch the dagger
Usually that works, because the screw and the threaded hole are usually correct

Take some pics for your dealer in order to inform it about the matter before the repair

ALE

CaptainShibal

30/1/16
No big problem
Remove caseback
Take the screw out carefully
Put the screw in its hole and tight until touch the dagger
Usually that works, because the screw and the threaded hole are usually correct

Take some pics for your dealer in order to inform it about the matter before the repair

ALE

The screw dropped further inside the movement and I can't see it anymore. The watch started working then it stopped and is now working again.. I think the screw is moving around inside the movement.

shoes

19/8/14
Best get it open and find that screw. U don't want to damage the balance wheel assembly. Or send it back and let TD sort it out...

Sonorous

Looking Around
21/12/15
Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first rep, a Noob V4 PAM 111. However, I'd like to clear some things up before I do:

Firstly, if all the TDs stock products from the same factories, how come the same Noob V4 PAM 111 can cost $248 at InTime and $200 at TSWatch? Does this means there's differences between the two products, despite supposedly being from the same factory?
Secondly, is the Noob V4 PAM 111 still a good purchase despite the whole issue about using V3 parts? AFAIK it's still a Super Rep, right?

I apologize for the noob questions, but I've lurked for a while and couldn't find a definite answer. Any help is appreciated.

h5tuu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/12/15
Still a super rep, superb watch.

Choose the TD you feel most comfortable using, all watches will be the same :).

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Guys, it's just me or I'm finding this Pam111 as a rep which suppose to be a gen according to the group name and target. (Lever shape and questionable CG Pinion position )
Besides this is the most upvoted picture of the month.

I'm wondering more about the 15400. Small taps, thick date font and look at the 3 o'clock marker, goes right to the date window over the last tap square. Looks like a JF to me, but I'm no expert