• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Explorer II 42 White - Best Rollie Rep So Far?

nick_sixx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/12
What's the consensus on replacement crystals apart from gen?
d992c91fac9d6260bff201fadf954764.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
What's the consensus on replacement crystals apart from gen?
d992c91fac9d6260bff201fadf954764.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I've seen the odd gen crystal pop up on TRF for sale, but I'm not sure it's worth it given the other tells and the fact that the poor AR on the cyclops doesn't seem as obvious on the Polar as it does on the black dial.

Has anyone tried the WSO aftermarket replacement? http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161081329517

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I have an incoming crystal from WO on eBay. Not expecting much really, but figured I'd take a look. I'll post pictures when it comes in. Zocker is selling a gen crystal on the parts forum that has a tiny nick in the edge. Not noticeable really. Except to my ocd eyeballs...

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Rubbish. 99.99% of gen owners don't even know what a hand stack is. Besides, the weak A/R is a far bigger give away.

I think the average person wouldn't know but I think rolex enthusiasts all know. Most of the guys on TRF would spot it straight away. I see people getting blown up on instagram constantly on the watch pages due to handstack.

D

d4m.test

Ppl have been buying and using incredibly fat A7750 seconds at six Daytonas without even noticing/mentioning it. The handstack is a real life non-issue. Of course on pics You can amplify it 10x and than spend time checking it.
The 16570 Polar Explorer II is amongst my favourite because of the usefulness of the GMT function, it´s ultra-slim (compared to others), it doesn´t immediately scream Rolex, it´s got great lume and it just sits perfect on the wrist with a great readability and low profile, perfect.
Transitional M-series:
DSC_2344_byDW_zpsfvz5cfmg.jpg

DW_Expl2_zpsicwuoqj7.jpg

Expl2_1396c_zpsekqsu1dv.jpg

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I agree. In the real world nobody is going to call you out over your hand stack. Posting pictures on Instagram is like opening the door for the guys online in their Mom's basement to criticize them.

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
I agree. In the real world nobody is going to call you out over your hand stack. Posting pictures on Instagram is like opening the door for the guys online in their Mom's basement to criticize them.

True. Some of those guys have a true passionate hatred for replica watches. They get incredibly angry about it. So strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
So if we talk about the GEN 216570 there is an different btw the GEN and Rep Crystal not only the AR on the Lense makes an different... The Clearless of the Complete Crystal is different...
The 216570 Crystal isn't the same as the 295 Crystals
At the Black Dial the AR is much more visible but at the Polar it's visible too...

The Rep Crystal reflect the light much more on the Lense as the gen

Here you see the different about the clearness

F9E0CAD1-00E1-43DD-A4BE-C0355757349F_zpsdo1s5ulk.jpg

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
If you have the right tools and Experience not :) otherwise I would say hmmmm better ask an Modder ;)

kavlares

Renowned Member
5/6/15
if you have in hand both gen and rep, why don't you make a nice side to side comparison thread? heavy on the pics !!! and highlight all the differences and improvements one could do...

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
LOL if the day had 48hours I woukd maybe do... I have sooooo many Picture Stuff here around I can fill the Forum for the next Two Years hehe...
Prob is Time my Friend... I can't make Threads and Buikd same Time on our Guys Watches...

i do do already my best I can but i can't part me into two half...

So it will not run away and it will come ;)

kavlares

Renowned Member
5/6/15
still that side 2 side for the polar would be awsome, I don't think there is one anywhere on the net...
except for some stupid low rez and poorly lighted side2side at trustytime....

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
So if we talk about the GEN 216570 there is an different btw the GEN and Rep Crystal not only the AR on the Lense makes an different... The Clearless of the Complete Crystal is different...
The 216570 Crystal isn't the same as the 295 Crystals
At the Black Dial the AR is much more visible but at the Polar it's visible too...

The Rep Crystal reflect the light much more on the Lense as the gen

Here you see the different about the clearness

F9E0CAD1-00E1-43DD-A4BE-C0355757349F_zpsdo1s5ulk.jpg

You'd have to be completely blind to not spot the rep seeing how the hands and markers have two different colors of lume. Hard to believe the rep guys sent them out like that, or people accepted them like that if the had QC pictures.

kavlares

Renowned Member
5/6/15
well for most of them that is true... but mine is not like that, hands and markers same color....
I guess it's pure luck...
my interest lies in the feeling of size, I was wearing my rep one day passing by a Rolex dealers window display and there was a gen polar staring at me...
so I flick up my wrist and start comparing... Ok there is the distance factor 25 cm away for the rep, a little under a meter for the gen...
the feeling was the gen seams a tad smaller in presence... the crystal more transparent and the date magnification a tiny bit smaller as well...
since then I am looking for confirmation....

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
The noob looks fine to me..

As with all rolexes (speaking generally), I think there's no getting away from going gen on the crystal and DWO (or maybe a TC/BK DWO) as a 'must' mod. Just my 2 cents

kavlares

Renowned Member
5/6/15
on it's own it's a beautiful but not exact rep...
I still think it looks a bit bigger than gen... in Zocker's photo too....
which in my opinion is a great flaw... even greater than the incorrect hand stack, which can be explained due to the movement used...
but make an error in the overall dimensions...??? especially the face of the watch !!! maybe ok one can forgive crystal height or total thickness as long as you get the presence spot on...
what do you think guys?

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Am I the only one who thinks that The Zock's side-by-side pic only emphasizes how good the rep is?! Even the gen AR coating on the cyclops has a coloured hue to it. The only obvious dial difference for me is the slightly inferior dial print quality of the rep and the slightly different shade of orange on the Explorer II.

Superman76

I'm Pretty Popular
8/1/15
I miss mine... the only complaint I had was that the enamel seemed to come out of the bezel markers pretty easily.

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Hello where do u get ur 16570 ???
I want buy one but a good rep not a crap