• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL problem???? Clearance Event

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Wow it seems DHL shipping is getting to be a big no go. The dealer I ordered my ZF BP from wouldn't even offer me any method but HK Post. Yes it's slow and tracking is pretty much non-existent after it leaves HK, but it arrived today with no issues, waiting for me at the post office as I missed delivery. I think the days of high speed shipping methods may be over.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
BTW- mine just left HK today so it will be in the US tomorrow at about 9AM tomorrow based on previous shipments and flight time from HK to the US. Once it lands it should say"Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA", and then "Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA" If not then well ! ! ! Either way I should know by about noon tomorrow east coast time. It does not seem that customs has cracked down for more than 2 or 3 days at a time - ever.

JamesNotRealBond

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/15
so is this the official hate dhl thread? because i was ranting over at ali thread about how they `are charging me 36 euros for clearance plus they are goin to charge tax on it , so they requested me to send them a paper with my passport number and proof of payment so they can charge extra tax. unfucking belivable

shuoyang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/16
811849815c59f94fe3564c8f5cc2b004.jpg
got this morning. Should I contact them

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
so is this the official hate dhl thread? because i was ranting over at ali thread about how they `are charging me 36 euros for clearance plus they are goin to charge tax on it , so they requested me to send them a paper with my passport number and proof of payment so they can charge extra tax. unfucking belivable

Getting hit with the extra tax and DHL's "Rep Fee" certainly isn't a welcomed event. However, it appears you will at least be getting your package as opposed to almost all others in this thread that won't be.

Should you receive your package, wear it well!

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
shuoyang- what time stamps are on your updates? It looks like ours were on the same shipment, but I have not received the "Please contact" update just yet ... will continue to check tho.

shuoyang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/16
shuoyang- what time stamps are on your updates? It looks like ours were on the same shipment, but I have not received the "Please contact" update just yet ... will continue to check tho.
I got it just in one hour

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

JamesNotRealBond

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/15
im a still waiting on their aproval because the customs here dont work on weekends :ranting2: and its not a watch its headphones , there is a good chance the total will equal to the same prices as the originals , then i might just have to let it go back to china and get a refund but its freaking holiday season so most likely i will have to wait a whole month :frusty:

D

d4m.test

This almost mirrors my tracking info from Toro. It's "arrive at sort facility" on Wednesday... yikes

My clearance event came before it arrive at the sorting hub?? I guess we will see if it moves today.

Friday, January 29, 2016LocationTimePieces
10Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA5:55 AM1 Pieces
9Customs status updatedCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA1:09 AM
8Processed for clearance at CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA12:55 AM1 Pieces
7Clearance eventCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA12:55 AM1 Pieces
Thursday, January 28, 2016LocationTimePieces
6Customs status updatedCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA8:57 AM
5Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG6:10 PM1 Pieces
4Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG5:46 PM1 Pieces
3Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG12:41 PM1 Pieces
2Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG12:35 PM1 Pieces
1Shipment picked upHONG KONG - HONG KONG3:19 AM1 Pieces

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
My DHL tracking said to contact them.

I called DHL service by phone and they had passed me directly through customs. Those customs they tell me that was performed an inspection on the package. The package was opened and inside were found two "rolex submariner with steel bracelet" (they told me exactly that).

Then they said it should have intervened an expert representative of the brand (Rolex) to tell if the watches were original, counterfeit or stolen. I said that I knew nothing of the contents of the package , and they said better that way because at least I would have removed any criminal liability on me, but that the watches would remain in customs and that they would be destroyed as required by law if these turn out to be counterfeit.

They said to me that they opened the package because the value given above was too low to be shipped with DHL which is very expensive service , and as the content was written "bracelets". Finally they said to me that most likely they will send a request for information to me (my contact information, proof of purchase adn trasaction) and which will be the expert brand to decide whether or not to send something request on me. Finally they said that I could take a fine of 200€ for "reckless buying counterfeit goods" , and that this whole procedure can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months.

R.I.P. , or on bas*ard customs people wrist X2 Sub Noob V5 :(

I hope not to have problems with customs, and be able to show in some way that the package was not for me

Derik429

28/7/13
What happens now? Do just ignore everything and contact TD I've never had this either ..

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
What happens now? Do just ignore everything and contact TD I've never had this either ..

Since CNY is basically here, I am just going to monitor DHL and then reach out to my TD sometime after Feb 13th for input as there is no need to bother him while he is on holiday ...

wjmccaff

Supporter
Certified
27/11/15
I received the same update when I tracked my package (Please contact DHL) Attached to that was a downloadable "Proof of Delivery" statement that said "final status details". However, it did not specify what the final status is/was. Either way...not good.

Derik429

28/7/13
I received the same update when I tracked my package (Please contact DHL) Attached to that was a downloadable "Proof of Delivery" statement that said "final status details". However, it did not specify what the final status is/was. Either way...not good.

Thats what mine says as well. Did you download the proof of delivery?

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
I had a similar situation a few moths ago and the proof of delivery did not specify customs but a letter from HS/ Customs showed up about 45 days later. When did you both get those messages? Mine just arrived in Cincinnati earlier today lie- about 11 AM or so. Hopefully they are now trough will pulling stuff and went back to their offices somewhere- I wonder if it is DHL employees that pull the packages or if is is truly a US government customs employee. My local carrier told me that they were actually US Customs employees that showed up occasionally but I am beginning to doubt that. I am still positive about mine since it was on a later plane on a different day so hopefully it will show up at my door tomorrow- I certainly have empathy will all those where customs took your property. Legalized theft by the government- so what else is new??

Derik429

28/7/13
I had a similar situation a few moths ago and the proof of delivery did not specify customs but a letter from HS/ Customs showed up about 45 days later. When did you both get those messages? Mine just arrived in Cincinnati earlier today lie- about 11 AM or so. Hopefully they are now trough will pulling stuff and went back to their offices somewhere- I wonder if it is DHL employees that pull the packages or if is is truly a US government customs employee. My local carrier told me that they were actually US Customs employees that showed up occasionally but I am beginning to doubt that. I am still positive about mine since it was on a later plane on a different day so hopefully it will show up at my door tomorrow- I certainly have empathy will all those where customs took your property. Legalized theft by the government- so what else is new??

I got mine this morning. What did you do when you received the letter? Just ignore everything?

wjmccaff

Supporter
Certified
27/11/15
Thats what mine says as well. Did you download the proof of delivery?

I did because it states final status and I'm hoping the vendor will accept this as proof that it was seized vs. having to wait 30 to 45 days for the letter from customs.