• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research (no live links)

offshoreaccount

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/1/16
Just practice a bit. I did that on cheap (2-4 USD) quartz watches from AE. You cant go wrong with the hands. You apply paint on the underside of them, hence the shape you see will be flawless. Reluming a sandwich dial is even easier.
Just dont buy the expensive branded paints, they are bull***t. Get this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Super-Bri...587641?hash=item33aa2fbdf9:g:PfEAAOSwjVVVr63b instead. Or search for "strontium aluminate". All are lasting owernight. Mine is readable in complte darkness if my eyes are got used to the darkness even after 2 days left in the drawer. You get 10 g and for a single watch 20mg is more than enough. So it last forever :)
Grind the powder to 20-50 micron (500-300 mesh) fraction. Use clean nail polish or organic solvent based acrylic paint (Tamyia X-22 for example) and high boiling pont semi-polar solvents (mix of i-butyl alcohol and xylenes for example) for dilution for both. Dont use water based paints, the lume pigment decomposes in moisture.
Just dont apply to much paint, ot the hands will jam on each other. In this cas however you can file down the excess after the paint is cured.

Hm okay. Is there a suggested thread you have that goes into more depth on what else to purchase/how to complete the relume? I've searched and seen a small amount about this, but nothing too in depth. I did just notice that my very cheap watches that should have lume do have them, so maybe that 300 does, but either way getting the color changed would be an upgrade. I just ordered a few things of the lume.

tyrande

Known Member
14/4/15
Just practice a bit. I did that on cheap (2-4 USD) quartz watches from AE. You cant go wrong with the hands. You apply paint on the underside of them, hence the shape you see will be flawless. Reluming a sandwich dial is even easier.
Just dont buy the expensive branded paints, they are bull***t. Get this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Super-Bri...587641?hash=item33aa2fbdf9:g:PfEAAOSwjVVVr63b instead. Or search for "strontium aluminate". All are lasting owernight. Mine is readable in complte darkness if my eyes are got used to the darkness even after 2 days left in the drawer. You get 10 g and for a single watch 20mg is more than enough. So it last forever :)
Grind the powder to 20-50 micron (500-300 mesh) fraction. Use clean nail polish or organic solvent based acrylic paint (Tamyia X-22 for example) and high boiling pont semi-polar solvents (mix of i-butyl alcohol and xylenes for example) for dilution for both. Dont use water based paints, the lume pigment decomposes in moisture.
Just dont apply to much paint, ot the hands will jam on each other. In this cas however you can file down the excess after the paint is cured.

Sounds fun. Bought some powder on snail-mail from china and some much closer to home at a higher price. Even if I don't use them for watches I can think of a hundred uses for the stuff. How are you grinding the powder down? I'd like to see some guidance on doing this. Plenty of dials and hands sitting around to practice on.

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
We think that BB is the same seller as the one in the first post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
We think that BB is the same seller as the one in the first post!

Not sure it is, op said its a Zf v3.

I asked the seller which factory and they said there own...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

miniatureone

Renowned Member
16/7/14
From the distinctly different hands vs indices lume I'd say probably V2. Also the pearl is pretty noticeably not centered.

szbalogh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/15
Sorry guys but i dont have any tutorial right now. Most of the know how is from cwasy's reports and videos:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/159475-How-Does-Cwazy-Relume-Part-II-PAINTED-DIAL
Or search for "watch relume" in google. There are excellent detailed descriptions out there.
The rest is practice :)

Used a small mortar and pastle for grinding. You can buy sieves in different mesh sizes here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18150501163...49&var=480460122345&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sounds fun. Bought some powder on snail-mail from china and some much closer to home at a higher price. Even if I don't use them for watches I can think of a hundred uses for the stuff. How are you grinding the powder down? I'd like to see some guidance on doing this. Plenty of dials and hands sitting around to practice on.

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
I don't think this is exactly the same as yours. The horizontal bar by the strap is thicker but still is close to another Cartier model.

Anyway, I ordered one from your seller. Can you please tell me the lug size as I want to order one of those sweet Nam straps.
Nam straps? Please share!

Lug size is 22mm.

Any thoughts guys on the BB I posted? Worth the risk? Or should I wait and go with a TD?

Also, anyone have the link from the BB in the first post?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research

Lug size is 22mm.

Any thoughts guys on the BB I posted? Worth the risk? Or should I wait and go with a TD?

Here's mine, for comparison from a TD. V1

b6dec27edac283e6fc9205946e639632.jpg

The hands look different in yours. My pearls whacked.. But is not off centered like your either. It's onsale on toros site.. But it could be a decent buy if you get a good one I guess. But if you want new hands, that's 30-40 bucks. And new aftermarket insert is like 30-40 bucks. At that point, you've passed TD price :)

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
Nice.

I think I'll hold back. And order the Zf v3 from a TD after the Chinese new year!

Duck

Vintage
1/3/10
Virginia USA

Lug size is 22mm.

Thank you for the size.

The straps I was referring to are from the Vietnam seller on eBay, anhtuantom1 (found in another thread here). I ordered one and quite impressive.

donmarkon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/15
Here are a few pics of the bullhead I ordered.
Also, I screwed up on my original post. The top sub dial does work, its the lower dial thats odd. Shouldn't the lower dial be the small seconds continuously running? anyway here it is
Can you give me link from where you ordered ?

shady75

Horology Curious
22/1/16
sometimes its just unbelievable.
i got this pic from a seller on ali.
HTB1_DL_PLp_XXXXa_KXFXXq6x_XFXXXV.jpg

so what do you think?