• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$4k Budget What Gen?

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
Buy used. Forget dogshit brands. You seem to be sensible to resale value so here you have a few different watches within your budget to not loose money when reselling them:
JL Reverso Grande Talle
Rolex Submariner no date pre-ceramic
Omega Speedmaster MOTM.

You cannot go wrong with any of them.

you sound like paul plutta aka Archie luxury haha

BestReplica

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/1/16
have you considered a Breitling? an airwolf, air force or navitimer.

Or I will be able to sell here soon, I sell Swiss Goats.

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Congratulations on your achievement buddy, as for your question, I would suggest you to go for either the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch, Breitling Navitimer or the IWC3717. Maybe if you could up the budget a bit more, then you should also consider the used Girard Perregaux World Time Chronograph on leather strap, a beauty, classy, timeless, eyecatching and useful piece. They should retail at around USD5K ish.

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

jimmy6

Renowned Member
1/4/12
The Rolex Air King is also a nice and versatile entry level watch.

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
Congrats on your achievement!
Rolex will last and hold its value the best.
1675's have really increased in value over the past couple years. You will not find a decent one in your posted budget--more in the 7-8k range for anything decent. A 16700/1 can be had in good condition in the 5-6k range. You may want to look at the 16570. Still has GMT function but is probably the best deal on a Rolex sports model. Also flies under the radar. They can be found in excellent condition in the 4K price range. I picked up a P serial safe queen in perfect condition with full set box and papers for 4K a while back.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
you sound like paul plutta aka Archie luxury haha

What's funny is, I wasn't sure what MOTM was when written. Google that exact phrase: "Omega Speedmaster MOTM" and all Archie Luxury videos show up.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Congrats on your achievement!
Rolex will last and hold its value the best.
1675's have really increased in value over the past couple years. You will not find a decent one in your posted budget--more in the 7-8k range for anything decent. A 16700/1 can be had in good condition in the 5-6k range. You may want to look at the 16570. Still has GMT function but is probably the best deal on a Rolex sports model. Also flies under the radar. They can be found in excellent condition in the 4K price range. I picked up a P serial safe queen in perfect condition with full set box and papers for 4K a while back.
Yup one of the best buys in the Rolex lineup right now

sent from my Samsung edge plus v6s

omegaman75

Horology Curious
1/2/16
You're a pilot? Get a Breitling Navitimer...or aerospace.....very "piloty" and cool ;)