• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$4k Budget What Gen?

Rusty chain

Known Member
16/4/15
I've recently had a milestone in my career and I think a new watch is is in order. What would you get?

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
theres a pretty good number of options new and used....

i would probably go for a brand new tudor

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
What do you do? I like things that apprreciate and not depreciate..

Cant go wrong with a vintage rolex that they no longer make. Rolex 5513. May need to ask 1.5k to your figure.

Other Options.
-Used Omega Speed Master Pro

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Have you considered a franken ROO? They're basically gen so it's worth the buy.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
a moon watch would be a good pickup, snoopy moonwatches are even better, but for a daily wear, i would top it up and get a 5513, you could save a little more and go for a vintage milgauss - its underappreciated imo

malevolent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/1/15
I would personally save and grab a GMT-Master II if you're a pilot.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
ahh cant go wrong with a Rolex 1675 GMT! You can get these around 4-6k. Look for a original matte dial.

Rusty chain

Known Member
16/4/15
RE GMT Masters II

I want one. I have a rep that I love. My wife might not be too pleased:)

D

d4m.test

Congrats on the dream-job for many of us promotion, now that really is a career milestone and a solid one. Maybe You could find a 16570 Explorer II for that budget otherwise I´d also top it up to 5.5 k and get a vintage 5513, GMT or Datejust, imo longterm pleasure and retains the value.
If You´re going for other brands a new Breitling SO Heritage Chrono or non-chrono are within budget as well as several Omegas http://www.jomashop.com/omega-watches.html

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
I'm a pilot. I just made Airbus Captain.

wow congrats on the promotion , thats a real cool job cant imagine what thats gotta be like...

and like i said before you really have a lot of options at $4k , a bell&ross i think would be cool for pilot too.

yoho ! i be cap'n rusty chain , me mateys !
lol

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
Simple solution to this question:

pilot + 4k = breitling

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Normally I'd say Moonie hands down but given the reason for this buy there is only one option to celebrate such a milestone and that my friend is THE pilot's watch, a Breitling Navitimer. I'd go two tone on leather like this:

my-dads-second-watch.jpg

You won't get a new one obviously but you will find a selection on Chrono24 for around the 4k mark including some vintage pieces: http://www.chrono24.com/en/breitling/navitimer--mod9.htm

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
......or perhaps a breitling emergency mission. Easily picked up for less than 4k nowadays