• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig, majornation - AKA FS: Tudor Pelagos

D

d4m.test

quick side note, Q you have that amazing qoute as your signature now?! Classic!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

MPREZYA

12/5/12
I'm really sorry to say this but when I saw this pic I nearly threw myself away of laughter..

Really hope it pans out to your likings bud.

Are you serious?? The datewheel is not attached to the dial..

The dial isn't shifted and you should still see the date wheel under the cutout in the dial of this is a 1 piece dial. That date window will maintain the correct area unless it's shifted outside of the concentric circle which is why an eta 2824 dial with date window and 3, 4:30 or 6 will still show a date. Example:

uiZ3jRK.jpg

See how the date shows in each of those dummy dial windows. The date doesnt show in his Pelagos with the dial turned which if the Pelagos dial isn't a 2 piece dial is very ODD!

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The dial isn't shifted and you should still see the date wheel under the cutout in the dial of this is a 1 piece dial. That date window will maintain the correct area unless it's shifted outside of the concentric circle which is why an eta 2824 dial with date window and 3, 4:30 or 6 will still show a date. Example:
See how the date shows in each of those dummy dial windows. The date doesnt show in his Pelagos with the dial turned which if the Pelagos dial isn't a 2 piece dial is very ODD!

Yeah, you're totally right, I'm sorry bud. It's late here.. :giggle:

Really seems very odd, I don't think it's a 2 piece dial, doesn't look like it to me... :unsure:

MPREZYA

12/5/12
Yeah, you're totally right, I'm sorry bud. It's late here.. :giggle:

Really seems very odd, I don't think it's a 2 piece dial, doesn't look like it to me... :unsure:

No problem Q. You had me scouring that picture again looking for the missing date cutout on my phone while having dinner. Everyone at the restaurant probably thought I was leaving the most intense Yelp review ever.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
I don't think it's an issue w the movement. The datewheel runs throughout so it just so happened that the dial shifted to another number

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
GUys this can happen in transport, I have personally dealt with this, I can repair this too, I can also buy this watch, wanted one of these myself

junbug5150

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
24/12/14
There you go [MENTION=101743]majornation[/MENTION]. Just sell it to [MENTION=27175]rsh[/MENTION] ;)

majornation

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
29/4/15
Okay! Buyer has refunded the purchase. Will be shipping it back. Thanks for the input all!

MPREZYA

12/5/12
I think this episode of RWI CSI needs an epilogue if the seller would like to follow up or offer to have of us tinkerers figure out what happened.

Dewr1

Known Member
25/3/15
I have had his exact same problem with this exact same watch in the post. I k ow it happened in the post as I was selling to my brother!

adz25

Known Member
28/8/13
I don't frequent this forum very often and I have to say I am really disappointed with the skepticism. i had ZERO issues with the watch when I sold it. I would have disclosed an issue like this without ANY hesitation.

When the buyer emailed me a photo of the watch, I responded immediately with my phone number and told him to call me the next day to resolve this. This happened during shipping. I have 100% feedback and am not going to scam somebody over a $260 transaction. The speculation is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to be here defending myself during the holiday season.

I have given him a refund without having the watch shipped back to me. What the buyer hasn't mentioned is that he was busy threatening me over email when I made it clear that I would take care of the situation.

Additionally, I shipped the watch in a USPS flat rate box and it was surrounded in 3 layers of bubble wrap. Buyer wanted to ship it back in an envelope. I told him to ship it back in a box. He agreed. 2 days later, I am waiting for shipping info, but now magically he has disappeared. Funny how we can speculate that I knew the watch was damaged, and come up with 6 pages of hearsay when I did right by the buyer. What are the odds, right?