• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order from a TD, watches as promised! :)

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I ordered three watches > ~$900 and they all arrived well-packed and without incident. They look amazing and I'm wearing the Seamaster 300 now. :)

I had an unusual payment situation where Western Union wouldn't let me send the full amount; Toro obliged me and allowed me to pay $100 + extra for his troubles via Paypal. Without that, I wouldn't have been able to make this order, so I'm very grateful to him allowing me to bend his no-paypal-for-newbies rule.

Facts to know
  1. Toro is not the most communicative dealer out there. Expect terse responses of 1-5 words.
  2. Count on 3ish days per watch you order before you get QC pictures. Toro will send them as he gets the watches from the makers.
  3. Picking DHL may not necessarily help. After Toro calls for delivery, DHL can take its sweet time (2-4 days) before picking it up. AFTER they pick it up, you can expect it within the shipping window DHL advertises.

Timeline
  • Nov. 28: Order placed
  • Nov. 30: (0/3) Explorer II QC pics received, declined due to clipped date
  • Dec. 1: (1/3) Tudor Pelagos QC pics received, approved
  • Dec. 2: (2/3) Seamaster 300 QC pics received, approved
  • Dec. 6: (3/3) Second Explorer II QC pics received, approved
  • Dec. 6: DHL information submitted (known from tracking)
  • Dec. 8: Asked for and received tracking (shipment information sent, package not picked up)
  • Dec. 9: Package picked up
  • Dec. 11: Watches delivered

Reflections
I was particularly antsy because of the size of my order and the lack of communication; if you need hand-holding, Toro is probably not the dealer for you. I definitely sent a couple of unnecessary queries due to my nervousness.

However, he was completely obliging with my weird payment method and shipped everything securely and quickly. Having been through the experience and knowing what to expect, I will definitely go with him again next time.

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Unboxing photos...

0OhP39f.jpg

N8lO1l3.jpg

Just for comparison, the NATO strap Toro provided compared to one I bought here in Tokyo. Toro's is longer and feels better.
QCzfM4Y.jpg

cO3IgyE.jpg%3F1

hVmw8AD.jpg

zVhDkMC.jpg

YBVqMyf.jpg

007YBHd.jpg

a7ORxhT.jpg

1uWjVen.jpg

The collection so far... I still have a PAM 390 and RG Yachtmaster coming in. :)
ixErtZk.jpg%3F1

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Is that a fossil in the bottom right of the watchbox? And thanks for posting pics the omega looks great

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Is that a fossil in the bottom right of the watchbox? And thanks for posting pics the omega looks great

Yeah, it is. It's scuffed to hell, but it's the first watch I ever bought, so I keep it. Good eye!

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
I really want a Pelagos! is it titanium?

It is!

The crown is a bit finicky, but other than that, I love it. :)

Edit: For clarification, the case, bracelet, and clasp are titanium. Some of the clasp elements (springs, a couple screws/pins?) seem to be stainless steel.

TheBends

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/15
Did you pay 25each to ship each watch all it covers all 3 watches?

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Great 3 watches. And to receive them at the same time... Enjoy

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Pelagos developed a problem with a crown getting stuck. Toro responded quickly and I've sent it back to him for repairs.

Emjaykay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/15
Congrats on your fantastic selection! I've shopped with Toro once now and everything you describe here matches my experience also. Whilst he may be brief, he's definitely willing to provide the necessary service where it is needed.

Can I ask - What is the hour marker alignment like on your Pelagos? I've tried purchasing (from another dealer - Kuvarsit) and rejected two watches on account of really bad alignment. They told me that they could not get better and kindly agreed to refund me, so I'm wondering if it was just their stock that wasn't good, and I should speak to Toro to see if he can get me a better one.

Em

Unboxing photos...

Just for comparison, the NATO strap Toro provided compared to one I bought here in Tokyo. Toro's is longer and feels better.

YBVqMyf.jpg

The collection so far... I still have a PAM 390 and RG Yachtmaster coming in. :)

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Congrats on your watches mate :) which factory was the Pelagos from btw?

It was the KW/V6.

Can I ask - What is the hour marker alignment like on your Pelagos?

Looked a little off, but I read elsewhere that it's relatively easy to fix and MUCH less noticeable in real life, so I accepted it and it looked fine.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Congrats man. Thanks for the pics.