• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Hobbies do you have besides replicas?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Food/wine, DIY audio, travelling, figurative acrylic painting, writing/reading. Luckily, never had an auto obsession...

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Another pic with Gemstones
02dcde8ff86d0f98924a6ef36137343a.jpg

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
Haha, I have four of my own too. Guess we both had sex as a hobby :laugh:

Since our government's hand gun ban in 1997 I've taken to air pistols, not the same but, cheaper and fun.

Spent 25yrs shooting handguns in competition, some of the best fun days ever.

Some range photos before the ban.

11870679_10207414471581285_2447407435732734561_n_zpsfdgfnaxz.jpg

Me 3rd from right.

11899846_10207414470221251_2226890580031368005_n_zpsv6fviort.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

My Ex pistols.

625SW001-1.jpg

So what happened to your pistols? Were you compensated for them or were they just confiscated?

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
I'm mostly into watches. Collecting, repairing, buying selling and trading. I also have a classic car and do my own mechanical work on it as well as our daily drivers. I'm into photography and collect coins. I collect guns and shoot regularly. Basically I've got far too many hobbies for my own good!

IamTrent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/15
I've just started going to the gym, So I guess that counts as a hobby.

lolo1972sg

Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
I'm mostly into watches. Collecting, repairing, buying selling and trading. I also have a classic car and do my own mechanical work on it as well as our daily drivers. I'm into photography and collect coins. I collect guns and shoot regularly. Basically I've got far too many hobbies for my own good!
Might be good to let folks here know what kind of watch tools all newbies here should have and where to get them (example, watch case opener, small screw drivers, silicon grease, etc) please.

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
So what happened to your pistols? Were you compensated for them or were they just confiscated?

We were compensated for surrendering our handguns. About 2/3 their true value. They also paid for leather work and loading presses etc.

I think I ended up with about UK£4k----- $6000 US

Would sooner have my pistols than the cash. We can still own shotguns but no more than 3 round mag, otherwise we need section 1 licence.

Full bore rifles bolt or lever action only, no self loader.

We can only own 22 self loaders like the Ruger 10/22.

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
We were compensated for surrendering our handguns. About 2/3 their true value. They also paid for leather work and loading presses etc.

I think I ended up with about UK£4k----- $6000 US

Would sooner have my pistols than the cash. We can still own shotguns but no more than 3 round mag, otherwise we need section 1 licence.

Full bore rifles bolt or lever action only, no self loader.

We can also own 22 self loaders like the Ruger 10/22.

I wondered how they would pay for custom pistols like you had. Those weren't garden variety off the shelf Smith & Wessons! I'm the opposite of you, I've got a bunch of pistols too but have always been more of a rifle guy. My pistols are all factory stock. Most of the rifles are too...;). So when you say 3 rounds on the shotguns do they allow a plug or does the magazine have to ONLY accept 3 rounds no matter what?

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
Might be good to let folks here know what kind of watch tools all newbies here should have and where to get them (example, watch case opener, small screw drivers, silicon grease, etc) please.

I'd be glad to. If anybody has any specific questions just ask! My best advice would be DO NOT buy cheap useless tools from China. They're garbage. Find better stuff even if you have to buy used, which I have done a lot of. Many of my tools that I use daily are 100 years old, most are probably over 50. There used to be several companies making good tools that have gone out of business through the years, now everybody thinks that Bergeon is the only tool-maker on the planet. If anybody is SERIOUS about learning watch repair they need to start at the beginning and not try to jump in over their heads. If anybody would like to see the course from the defunct Chicago School of Watchmaking here's a link to a download that I know works. http://www.mediafire.com/download/c868g98kneaq4b8/Chicago+CD.iso

dferraro7

5/5/13
dd47e5446ae51cdd33b3db4d39c97e75.jpg

That's my hobby. Ride them, crash them , fix them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElVino

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/7/11
I have quite a few rather expensive hobbies unfortunately. Watches. Reps and gens.
Shotguns. Mostly trap shooting. I shoot a Perazzi if anyone knows what that is.
Cycling. I keep it rather budget oriented I ride a mid tier motobecane
Photography I thought it wouldn't be too expensive but good dslr and array of prime lenses multiple speed lights and strobes adds up.
Cigars. $$$$$
A little hifi and headfi
Pipe smoking but not as often
And then drinking. Whiskey whisky wine whatever it is gets way expensive I'm afraid.
Let's just say this forum hasn't helped me save any money at all

jacq

3/10/15
High end headphones. It got really expensive quick.

wolf459699

Horology Curious
30/10/15
I have quite a few rather expensive hobbies unfortunately. Watches. Reps and gens.
Shotguns. Mostly trap shooting. I shoot a Perazzi if anyone knows what that is.
Cycling. I keep it rather budget oriented I ride a mid tier motobecane
Photography I thought it wouldn't be too expensive but good dslr and array of prime lenses multiple speed lights and strobes adds up.
Cigars. $$$$$
A little hifi and headfi
Pipe smoking but not as often
And then drinking. Whiskey whisky wine whatever it is gets way expensive I'm afraid.
Let's just say this forum hasn't helped me save any money at all

I love to shoot trap! I was between the Perazzi MX8 and a Krieghoff K80. I went with the Krieghoff because it fit me better, but the Perazzi is one sweet shootiing shotgun!

Encyclopediaman

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/12/15
NYC
I go fishing. And not boat fishing- I go shore fishing. Lovely when the sun is out and you're in the water. Also strictly cash and release lol