• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex DSSD DBlue Gen vs Rep Comparison

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
I'm confused, too. Way too many options listed. It is like Josh and Andrew. They have hundreds of options still listed on their sites, even though most of them are 7 or 8 years old options that are long gone and not produced anymore. Just remove them!! Nobody is going to buy an old V1, V2, V3 etc. when the V5 of a watch is available!! LOL :)

jedis13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/15
CONUS, California
great write up, read it from the beginning. Ended up purchasing a blue dial Noob DSSD, but now I'm wishing I would've gone with the black because its closer to gen.

steeler85048

23/6/15
The NOOB V5 also has the silver pained dial numbers as well as different serial numbers...

The only thing I wanted that is not offered from factory so far is the swiss ETA not the asian clone for a movement. The only way to get this along with a couple other mods is to get a BK modded piece. That's what I'm waiting for...

ToyRWI

Looking Around
1/11/15
Fantastic review! Also made me want to buy gen DBlue as a gift to my son. Great idea ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
I was in Tourneau recently dropping off a Baume et Mercier for service and did a bit of window shopping. Asked to see a DSSD and when the sales clerk pointed them out I asked it they had a D-Blue. He literally laughed and said it'd be a year until there were any sitting in a case. They had 3 on order waiting delivery. Kinda felt like a dick for even asking. Maybe I'll pick up a Noob and wear it in when I pick up the B&M ;) Congrats on getting one!

Grafeno

Known Member
8/9/15
Melilla
Congratulations on a great gen vs rep review. I have an incoming best edition noob DSSD blue coming in and your review will certainly help me admire mine.

SuprKamiGuru

4/10/15
This is an excellent review of the watch I will be getting next year. Thank you so much for all of the details and for all the pictures. Rep points for you my friend. Have a pleasant day!!!

duke2178

Known Member
1/8/15
I am addicted to this site because of threads like this :) so informative and really answers all the questions one wants to know - sometimes I gain knowledge on things I've never even thought about ! Anyway, I've always been a huge fan of the DSSD black way before I knew anything abouy the rep world and got one (rep, that is) a few years ago. Don't even know what version it is but the "original ... " font is way too thin. Still love it though :) Thanks again OP for such a great post.

theprofessor

6/11/15
Just stumbled across this thread, very helpful indeed. Hopefully the next noob version of this watch will correct some of the obvious mistakes like the dial color

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
I'm confused, too. Way too many options listed. It is like Josh and Andrew. They have hundreds of options still listed on their sites, even though most of them are 7 or 8 years old options that are long gone and not produced anymore. Just remove them!! Nobody is going to buy an old V1, V2, V3 etc. when the V5 of a watch is available!! LOL :)
I notice this thread is very old, and I'm quite new myself. I'm trying to do research for my first buy. Isn't the older versions more affordable in prices? I seen some subs from $180/$400 vs new versions at $700. Is the reason to get the newer models just for looks and design? (Like buying a newer version of a car?) Are the very low price models of the older versions more faulty in ascetics to the Gen Version of its time? (Apologies if these are stupid questions, I'm really trying to read alot in here :x)

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
I notice this thread is very old, and I'm quite new myself. I'm trying to do research for my first buy. Isn't the older versions more affordable in prices? I seen some subs from $180/$400 vs new versions at $700. Is the reason to get the newer models just for looks and design? (Like buying a newer version of a car?) Are the very low price models of the older versions more faulty in ascetics to the Gen Version of its time? (Apologies if these are stupid questions, I'm really trying to read alot in here :x)
The new ones (Noob V7) are very close to gen and worth every penny. Once you've got one you'll never look at cheap versions again.

My new V7, just arrived

WP_20160817_15_57_37_Rich_zps7u45bmxi.jpg
WP_20160817_15_55_37_Pro_zpswwq9owmi.jpg
WP_20160817_16_27_58_Rich_zpsdwryoe8u.jpg