• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received BP Sub from TD, Should I return?

Morg111

Horology Curious
20/6/13
Just received this BP sub from a very TD. The main and most obvious defect in the first pic. The other pics: the bezel doesn't look correct- not deep enough engraving. Also, the cleaning of the excess paint from the clasp Rolex looks terrible (most of the paint wore out of Rolex engraving and left a darker smudge around it). Should I exchange it, is this unacceptable/normal?

hado67

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/11
It`s a rep. What did you expect?? Btw, welcome :cheers:

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
Why don't you throw it in m2m with those flaws stated and see what's the results? :hehehe:

Think most of us will say it's good enough. Maybe you should research more.

Have fun.

Sent from my Bezel using 116610

Aero_Dave

28/1/13
Did you get and approve QC pics. If so, it's now your's to enjoy wearing it.

Dave...

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
That's terrible, NOT acceptable!

You should return it. Of course it's going to cost you money and time.
If you don't want it you should sell it here.

I can do you a BIG favour and buy it off you...

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
if I was a TD and you returned that to me I would blacklist you. There are no defects on that watch...wear it or bin it but nothing to complain about...know your reps and choose accordingly.

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
Guess what?

The watch you just paid 300 bucks for is not quite as good as a $7000 gen.

Welcome to planet earth.

Morg111

Horology Curious
20/6/13
So it sounds by all of you that these marks (attached again) inside the case along the renault don't represent a defect.... Are you guys TD's by any chance?

Aero_Dave- No, I did not get QC pics. This TD is know for always giving top quality reps but doesn't send pics.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
It looks pretty typical. This doesn't seem to be a QC issue as it is a rep issue. If these things bother you the reps might not be for you.

Morg111

Horology Curious
20/6/13
what's that red shit?

LOL....I assume you're being facetious like the rest of our fellow forum members... That is what I'm talking about, it looks like red grease blobs inside the face along the renault.

doi2in

18/6/13
I wouldn't return, wear it or trash it I agree with others. Reps always have flaws, some more than others.