• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Got my QC today, SEL looks to have a tiny little gap, and the date wheel isn't aligned perfectly, but I don't care because I accepted them anyway :thumbup: As long as the timegrapher doesn't show me some dubstep looking chart, this will be on it's way to me soon! Looks great, can't wait to have this beaut in my hands, I'll post QC in a sec

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15

Remember, these are already approved, so feel free to pick it apart. To me, it seems more than acceptable, if the DW bothers me later on, it's a good excuse to get a gen ETA and have a modder fix the DW then. It's nowhere near as noticeable without a cyclops too.

I'm surprised at how great this watch looks for only 276 shipped! That's a solid value to me

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach

Remember, these are already approved, so feel free to pick it apart. To me, it seems more than acceptable, if the DW bothers me later on, it's a good excuse to get a gen ETA and have a modder fix the DW then. It's nowhere near as noticeable without a cyclops too.

I'm surprised at how great this watch looks for only 276 shipped! That's a solid value to me

Who did you order from? Thats a great Example

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Looks great darby !!!

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
TC bracelet and DW is an easy fix for this watch. Other than that it looks great. CG a little shorter than I remembered.

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Who did you order from? Thats a great Example

Ordered from Ryan, he's always gotten me some great pieces. I've never had to reject any of the 5 watches I've ordered from him

Pretty stoked, gonna get a TC bracelet and date wheel for it soon. I'll see how this movement run, and decide whether I want ETA or not

rolpat

Known Member
2/5/15
Ordered from Ryan, he's always gotten me some great pieces. I've never had to reject any of the 5 watches I've ordered from him

Pretty stoked, gonna get a TC bracelet and date wheel for it soon. I'll see how this movement run, and decide whether I want ETA or not

Can you help us with a link to the watch?

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
Shipped my piece off to ado. Can't wait to get it back with his master touch! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Can you help us with a link to the watch?

It's pretty easy to find on InTime, but here you go http://www.intime.co/rollie/1162-classic-sea-dweller-ss-black-asian-2824-2.html

I just got the watch in today, and it's pretty good (amazing for 276). A couple things do remind you that it's a sub 300 dollar watch though. The bezel would not move at all, nothing would make it budge and the end links had some slop to them, luckily not on the wrist (TC bracelet is coming next).

I removed the case back, and was greeted with a very nicely decorated, and clean movement, plus a GREASED O RING!! Scratched the case-back a bit, but I don't really care, just makes it look as old as it's supposed to be haha. I removed the bracelet, and it seems like some bigger spring-bars might make the SEL fit more snug. I polished the bracelet and watch head with cape cod, and also hoped it would lube the bezel assembly and get it to move (no luck). Also re-brushed the bracelet slightly with my fiberglass pen.

A little later, I tried to move the bezel again, and it worked! I looked at it, and the insert had risen off of the bezel, and a bunch of excess glue was coming out from under it, and from the side of the bezel itself. Apparently someone in the factory forgot to mention that you only glue the insert, not the bezel itself. Re-seated the insert, and the bezel moves a bit easier now, I just need to remove it and clean all the glue out..

All in all, I'm very happy with it. All my little issues are easily fixed for the most part. I'll try to get some pics up tonight if I have the time.

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
I had the same issue with the bezel being glued down. After removing the glue the issue now is that the bezel comes off rather easily. Can be removed by hand with relatively little effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Ok guys, I've been reading and reading. Finally I'm ready for some opinions. I've decided I prefer the look of the classic sd over the new ceramic. On the classic I prefer the less busy bezel insert, the sleaker cg and lugs. On the other hand on the ceramic version I would appreciate the solid bracelet with glidelock, I can live without these though. Here's my dilemma, I understand that the sd 4000 is a better OTB rep than the bp sd. That if I bought the sd4000 I could wear it happily without any modifications. However if I got the bp sd it would require some mods.

My question is. Is it true that I would have to mod the bp sd to be happy with it? If so, what mods would they be and could I do tc mods instead of gen mods to save cost? In particular my concerns are quality over looks. Specific things that I would not be happy with are: uncentered date, poor lume on dial and hands, poor bezel action, and poor quality bracelet.

thanks in advance guys

I would like to add that I've never done mods on a rep, I have zero experience with that.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
You don't have to mod it to be happy, some of us are just a bit crazy!
I think I'm a little crazy too though . Problem is I have no experience with mods. Why do people upgrade to the tc bracelet? Do they get the tc dial and hands because the lume is better? Does tc have a better insert or do you have to get gen? Also why do people upgrade the crown and tube, is that for looks or function?

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Mine comes in a week. Just get it first and take a look. You might be happy as is.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I think I'm a little crazy too though ? . Problem is I have no experience with mods. Why do people upgrade to the tc bracelet? Do they get the tc dial and hands because the lume is better? Does tc have a better insert or do you have to get gen? Also why do people upgrade the crown and tube, is that for looks or function?

read the last 20 pages you will see some things people have done and why, there is never a simple answer around here and it really depends on how much money you have to spend on entertainment/Hobby.

Rolexx

Renowned Member
21/1/15
2ef6wrb.jpg

Just received mine from Sead. It feels solid and looks pretty good. Bracelet feels flimsy but then again so does my TC. Diver extension opens up pretty smoothly and I don't feel like I'm going to break it like the TC does. Bezel action is pretty meh, not much of a "click" but that might be accurate, I don't know. I'm fine with that anyway. Date is a little left justified but not enough to kill me. I'm probably going to swap it out for TC hands, dial, and maybe DW too. I'm going to wear it as is for a few days to see if I like the feel of it. I'm much more used to my Submariners. Regardless, for ~$220 I can't complain much!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
2ef6wrb.jpg

Just received mine from Sead. It feels solid and looks pretty good. Bracelet feels flimsy but then again so does my TC. Diver extension opens up pretty smoothly and I don't feel like I'm going to break it like the TC does. Bezel action is pretty meh, not much of a "click" but that might be accurate, I don't know. I'm fine with that anyway. Date is a little left justified but not enough to kill me. I'm probably going to swap it out for TC hands, dial, and maybe DW too. I'm going to wear it as is for a few days to see if I like the feel of it. I'm much more used to my Submariners. Regardless, for ~$220 I can't complain much!
Wow $220? I've seen it listed on intime and Toro for $238