• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Just fitted my Vietnamese croc strap. I know the light honey leather won't be to everyone's taste, but I absolutely love it.
Will be getting a black version of the same thing for more formal occasions.

I like it. I'll look into his work as spares, never have enough straps!

wdev

Horology Curious
16/5/13
Been following this thread for some time now. Glad to say I've just ordered the white dial/gold numerals version

I was contemplating the blue for the last week but the white/gold just seems more classic and versatile to me

~

Now to hunt a crocstrap :laugh:

Monty010

21/12/12
I can't make up my mind!!! First I was contemplating the white with golf. But not they spring the ardoise and laureus... Pfft :p

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
[MENTION=10245]onzenuub[/MENTION] Thankyou kind Sir, which Crown is it on Scotchwatch? $35 eBay shipping is Robin Hood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Congratulations to all who have bought this IWC rep. It is probably the most accurate replica in the last few months. It is a real sign of passion to want to Franken this watch, as it is so close to gen already. I would only want to replace the hands and the crown, if I hade one. But a gen dial (esp for the black dial) would be the last 5% for sure. Good luck Sharrkey in your parts quest. I just found all the parts for my Rolex GMT2 Franken after a long search, so I know what you are going through.

fishysquishy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
hi, this is my first time posting on this forum (ahhhh! noob alert!) i have been using this site as an unbelievable reference point to purchase watches,so thanks guys!! i have been holding off on purchasing this amazing zf version until the rg/white dial is here and the day has finally come! heres what i cant understand, please help! ..it seems the zf company has invested so much time and money into perfecting these watches. the first thing i did when i found saw the rg/white dial was avail, was to check for the proper markings as per the gold version:nerd: ( engraved symbols in between lugs etc..) and i was thrilled to find out that they added this detail! (im a detail junkie) but what for the life of me i cant figure out, is why the rose gold deployment clasp says STAINLESS STEEL???!!!:unsure: and not the correct gold markings. am i crazy?? did anyone else notice this? is this just a sample version that will be fixed? please help :)

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
I wonder if the blue color is accurate. Or will this be as inaccurate as the petit prince

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
hi, this is my first time posting on this forum (ahhhh! noob alert!) i have been using this site as an unbelievable reference point to purchase watches,so thanks guys!! i have been holding off on purchasing this amazing zf version until the rg/white dial is here and the day has finally come! heres what i cant understand, please help! ..it seems the zf company has invested so much time and money into perfecting these watches. the first thing i did when i found saw the rg/white dial was avail, was to check for the proper markings as per the gold version:nerd: ( engraved symbols in between lugs etc..) and i was thrilled to find out that they added this detail! (im a detail junkie) but what for the life of me i cant figure out, is why the rose gold deployment clasp says STAINLESS STEEL???!!!:unsure: and not the correct gold markings. am i crazy?? did anyone else notice this? is this just a sample version that will be fixed? please help :)
Welcome. Glad to hear you are doing alot of reading. Best thing you can do is read and learn.
The gold markings on the RG case are correct, but these same markings are also on the stainless cases (the TD dont show pictures of that though). The deployant buckle and the inner bezel both say stainless steel, even though it is gold colored....the factories do this for ease of manufacturing and lower costs. It is a common practice and has been seen on many watches through the years.....we get used to seeing these minor flaws....and you will to.
Factories make 1 case and 1 deployant for a watch model. The good news is that since you are getting the gold case, you have the correct markings on the case and all the buyers of the stainless case versions have the incorrect markings.....but the tradeoff is the deployant says stainless....but no one sees it as it is always closed when its on your wrist.
I also purchased the ZF RG/White dial Portuguese...I owned the GEN version of this watch years ago and it was one of my all time favorites. Elegant and classic IWC design. Cant wait to see my QC Pics.

kim.lee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/15
Damn, this thread hype up again.... These IWC Portuguese models are really thrilled ever body.

How is the Rep. leather strap that come with it? Should I get a genuine croc. strap separately?

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
This one is also pretty damn nice, maybe wait for this one :D
12232055936_6070816a9c_b.jpg

dannyw

11/3/14
I see that you swap the tail side as what i am planning to do too when i get my new strap. Does it feel anyway weird or uncomfortable?

Just fitted my Vietnamese croc strap. I know the light honey leather won't be to everyone's taste, but I absolutely love it.
Will be getting a black version of the same thing for more formal occasions.

FullSizeRender_4_zpsrza9tojh.jpg

FullSizeRender_3_zps73ft7a6j.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_zpshchnnigw.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_zpsh2vec8cy.jpg

Frikman

Known Member
29/10/14
I see that you swap the tail side as what i am planning to do too when i get my new strap. Does it feel anyway weird or uncomfortable?

Yeah, I'm a PAM guy so it feels weird to me not having buckle at the top. I swapped it and it feels fine. In fact the clasp sits more centred on my wrist this way. The only slight annoyance is that the IWC logo is upside down this way.

rhc22

26/11/11

If you are that much of a detail junkie you are likely to have a hard time with reps. There will always be flaws to some extent but be thankful that this one is very close to gen. It is not 1:1 and a detailed inspection will pull up a number of very minor differences but it does no one any good to rip what is a fantastic rep to pieces. The fact they added the hall marks to the gold is a big plus, as far as I know this hasn't been done in the past on IWCs and is only a recent thing (latest spitfires?). Yes the clasp is incorrect but it is not something others will see unless you take it off and show someone then if they know their IWCs they will see the movement is totally wrong (although the rep looks nice anyway). Also gold plating is never as good as a proper gold watch, weight, material texture, reflective quality e.t.c. If the detail matters to try and pass off as a gen then, in my opinion, that's not what this rep game is all about. I love IWC and have a number of gens but could not afford or justify having all the ones I want in gen. I will get one of the gold 5001 reps at some stage but a gold plated watch is never going to be the same as proper solid gold watch.
You could always buy a gen gold clasp or a gen gold buckle but that's rather extreme or do some modding like a lot of us here for the fun of it.
At the end of the day this is a $400 watch that's looks incredibly like a $15,000 watch, pretty good in my books.